cooltext344077875368357

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/21/2024 12:32 am  #1

Kamen Rider Soul

Johnathan Angel: My name is Johnathan Angel. I'm a Paranormal Investigator. Not the most basic job to be sure, but an important one nonetheless. Important where I live anyways, as Hanta City is known as a city of mysterious circumstances. It started when I was a kid, ten years ago

Hanta City - 10 Years Ago

A car was driving along the hillside outside of the city, as rain poured down. A young boy with dark hair was playing with a toy in the backseat as his parents conversed and laughed in the front seats. Suddenly, a large bolt of lighting streaked across the sky, but it wasn't normal. It was a powerful green surge that seemed to come from a building in the city. The bolt went into the sky and lit it up with an array of colors. The sight distracted the young boy's father, but he tried to keep his eyes on the road. The same couldn't be said for the large, military style truck that was driving on the other side of the road. It strayed across the line, and forced the boy's father to move closer to the cliff side of the hill. The slick road quickly took them off the road and down the hill straight into a deep and treacherous lake. The car went down quickly as the car began to fill up with water. The parents both panicked, quickly trying to save their confused son. They managed to get his seat belt off, and opened a door, quickly filling the car even faster. The boy escaped, but watched in horror as his parents struggled in vain. As he thought about swimming down after them, he suddenly saw a bright light in front of him, and a hand reaching to pull him out of the water. When he reached out, he couldn't feel the hand, and yet it pulled him out anyways, tossing him up into the air, with a not so subtle landing beside the lake. As the boy came to, police and paramedics were reaching the scene. As he looked around, he found himself alone.

Johnathan Angel: My parents didn't make it that day, and it turns out I almost didn't either. The paramedics said it was a miracle I didn't drown with the amount of time I went without oxygen. After that day, I began to see them, ghosts and spirits roaming Hanta City. My Aunt  didn't believe me of course, she thought it was the stories of a traumatized child. However, when I grew up, I used abilities to help others deal with the paranormal occurrences in their homes. That or I helped them move on. Ironic, because I was never able to. Then, something happened.

Hanta City - Today

A man in a trench coat and hat walked through the rain with an umbrella. He looked up to the sky to see a bolt of lightning, which he saw as green, but everyone else assured him looked completely normal. He knocked on the door of an old house, as an elderly woman answered the door. 

Johnathan Angel: Are you Mrs. Taggart? 

Mrs. Taggart: Yes dear, you must be the exorcist? 

Johnathan Angel: Exorcist? Not quite Mam. My name is Johnathan Angel, I'm a Paranormal Investigator. I'm here to determine if what you're dealing with is truly an otherworldly occurrence. Now my rate isn't cheap, so I'd like to get started as soon as possible. 

Mrs. Taggart: Oh yes of course! Come on in. Would you like some tea dear? 

Johnathan Angel: No thank you. I need to keep focused on your house.

Johnathan took off his hat to reveal his unkempt black hair, pale skin, and the heterochromia in his eyes. The right one was blue, while the left was green. He walked around the house with his eyes closed, as he ran his fingers across the curtains and couches. He knelt down beside the television and reached around to the back.

Johnathan Angel: Ever notice anything strange with your television? Spirits like to make contact through them a lot. 

Mrs. Taggart: They do? No, that's never been an issue. 

Johnathan Angel: Oh uh…of course not. This is uh…too new of a television. They really prefer the old style. So why don't you explain the situation? 

Mrs. Taggart: I feel like my husband has been trying to reach me. Things will be moved from where I put them. I'll lose track of so many things, and I'll find them elsewhere. It's very weird. 

Johnathan Angel: *under his breath* Or dementia. 

Mrs. Taggart: What was that dear? 

Johnathan Angel: He could be reaching out from another dimension I said. It's very possible. I'm going to need to come back with my instruments to get a better reading. It could take a few sessions, but I am confident that I can not only find out if it's your husband, but if it is, I can talk to him for you! 

Mrs. Taggart: Really? That's amazing! Oh how I miss Harold. We were married when I was a young lady. Fifty years we were together. He said he's never let me go, but…he was the first to leave. I haven't known what to do since. I'd love to speak with him one more time. Thank you so much for this. I don't know how to thank you. 

Johnathan Angel: This is what I do Mam. Paying the bill is all I need. 

Mrs. Taggart: Of course! Yes, it was $200 for the first appointment right? 

Johnathan Angel: $300 actually, but-

Mrs. Taggart: No no, I can cover it. Don't even try to stop me. I saved for months for this! Here you go dear boy. Thank you so much!

Johnathan Angel smiled and nodded at the elderly woman before leaving with the money. The smile quickly left his face. 

Johnathan Angel: I couldn't see them anymore. I don't know if I didn't want to, or if they had all simply left. Maybe I was crazy the whole time? It didn't make sense, but I still needed to live, and this was how I survived.

Johnathan walked for miles until he came to a rustic cafe on the street corner. He went inside, walking right by the woman behind the counter, who sported cracked glasses and wild brown hair. She was busy typing like crazy on her laptop. 

Johnathan Angel: I'm home Lizbeth, I'll be in my office if you need me. 

Lizbeth: Huh? What? You know better than to try and slip by me when I'm on my computer! 

Johnathan Angel: You're always on your computer. Anyways, I announced myself. It's not my fault you weren't paying attention. 

Lizbeth: A likely story! You know it's not free to rent the room upstairs right?! I can barely keep this place afloat as is, I can't be a charity for you! 

Johnathan Angel: Right. I'll get you your money. It's just a slow month.

Lizbeth: That's what you said last month! Don't get me started on the month before that! 

Johnathan Angel: The month before that month was even worse. 

Lizbeth: Why would you remind me? 

Johnathan Angel: Why would I remind you? Ignore what I just said. 

Lizbeth: Grrr! You'd better pay up!

As Johnathan went upstairs, Lizbeth quickly sat back down and opened up her laptop again. She was on her Geistbook page, which she used as an anonymous live blog about the adventures of the "Ghost Hunting Detective".

Lizbeth: *typing* Another hard luck day for our hard boiled investigator of the strange and unusual. The sightings had dried up, and it seemed like only a matter of time until his beautiful and mysterious landlady would kick him out.  Luckily, she felt a kinship with him, as she found the paranormal to be alluring. Her life also changed the day of the storm. He seemed to bury it inside, while she continued to rally against those she deemed to be responsible for the freak incident. The Geist Corporation and their CEO Victor Faust. From his ivory tower, he continued to toy with Hanta City and its denizens, like lab rats in a labyrinthian maze.

Johnathan reached his "office" which was a desk in the middle of his meager living quarters. He looked out the window, before closing the blinds, and walked over to his desk, where he saw a large package that wasn't there when he had left that morning. 

Johnathan Angel: What is this? "Came in the mail, with no return address. You'd better not be spending your money on lewd things. -Lizbeth" Great. I have no idea what this is. Nor do I want to know.

Johnathan walked over to his bed and plopped down. He counted his money, before placing it in a drawer. He stared up at the ceiling and covered his face with his hands. 

Johnathan Angel: I'm a con artist. An absolute lying loser. I-

?: I don't think you're that bad! 

Johnathan Angel: Huh?

Johnathan slowly moved his hands from his face as he found himself staring up at a brown haired man, disheveled with heavy stubble and a big grin on his face.

Johnathan Angel: WHO ARE YOU?! 

?: Huh?! You can see me? YOU CAN SEE ME! HEY! 

Johnathan Angel: AHHHH!!!

?: AHHHH!!!

Downstairs, Lizbeth had already put in her earbuds, as she typed away at her blog, unaware of the constant screaming coming from upstairs, followed by the sound of a running and lamp being thrown. 

In the center of Hanta City stood the tall and imposing Faust Tower, home of the Geist Corporation, a technology and energy conglomerate that ran most city services and unbeknownst to the citizens, held a control few other companies could achieve. At the top of the tower, a man in his 30's in a suit and slicked back long black hair looked out the window as he sipped his glass of wine. He cleared his throat as his watch began to beep. He hit a button before an image projected from said watch, of a tired looking scientist. 

Geist Scientist: Mr. Faust, the preparations are complete sir. 

Victor Faust: Are they? Are they truly? 

Geist Scientist: Sir?

Victor Faust: Need I remind you what happened last time? Countless man hours and millions of dollars were lost cleaning up the mess, and it only just happened. I will not plunge this company back into that dire situation. You need to make sure it's not going to happen again.

Geist Scientist: Sir, the machinery has been tested. The mistake before was just how much energy would come out from the other side, but we have reinforced the materials over the years. Plus, we have developed the defense systems needed to deal with the "side effects" of the endeavor. We are as ready as we're ever going to be. 

Victor Faust: …The legacy of this company rests on the results of today, do you hear me Dr. Hegel? 

Dr. Hegel: Yes of course sir. I will take personal responsibility if something goes wrong. 

Victor Faust: Is that right? See that you keep that in mind, and for your sake, I hope the cost isn't more than the risk. 

Dr. Hegel: …Understood sir.

Elsewhere in the building, a woman opened her locker. She pushed her long black hair across her pale skin and behind her ear as she sat and held a locket in her hand. She opened it up and stared at the picture inside. Suddenly, a watch similar to Victor Faust's began to beep on her wrist. She quickly closed the locket and opened the communications with a soldier in a SWAT like uniform that read "Geist" on the front. 

Geist Guard: Agent West, the project is about to commence. 

Agent West: I see. They're doing it again are they? Well, you know the drill then. This is an all hands on deck situation. I'll be there shortly.

Agent West closed communications and grabbed a sophisticated piece of hardware out of her locker. It was designed like a bullet proof vest, but lit up on the sides when activated, pulsing a green electric energy. Agent West put the vest on and put a sophisticated gun in the vest's side holster as she put her suit jacket back on and shut the door of her locker. The nameplate on the locker read "Ashley West". 

Deep within the recesses of Faust Tower was a large staging room, with a large circular metal ring. Several guards were positioned in front of the ring, as Dr. Hegen used keystrokes to initiate a sequence of events. A large prismatic lens slowly lowered over the ring, as massive amounts of electricity flowed from conduits into the elaborate architecture of the ring. With the lens locked in, a computer voice spoke over the loudspeakers.

Geist Computer: Through the lens of life, I face death.

A surge of green electric energy pouring out of the ring, bursting through the lens, and creating a swirling mass of power. The energy output far exceeded the power needed to open the gate. 

Dr. Hegel: It's working. We're drawing massive amounts of power through the aperture. The Geist Gate is working! I knew it! I knew it would work!

From atop the tower, Victor Faust watched from a large monitor, as he heard Dr. Hegel celebrating the achievement. 

Dr. Hegel: Our experiment to reach the other side, to find that hidden world, and tap into its unlimited power has succeeded. From this, Geist can provide power to the whole world, and make billions! We have changed the very course of human histor-

Suddenly the feed cut as the tower shuddered. 

Back at the Cafe Noir, Johnathan Angel had his back to the wall, as the unassuming man in a white t-shirt, leather jacket, jeans, and red shoes tried to calm him down. 

?: You need to relax man! You're going to have a heart attack and end up like me! 

Johnathan Angel: What do you mean "end up like you?" Who even are you? 

?: That…that's complicated. I don't really know man, but if you would just-

Johnathan Angel: I have a gun….somewhere! It's in here…I've never used it, and I don't know where it is, but-

?: You're telling me way too much information dude. 

Johnathan Angel: It's a problem I have! 

?: Just…try to reach out and touch my hand! Please! Reach out!

Johnathan slowly reached out to touch the man's hand, but he quickly recoiled as his hand went right through the mystery man's. 

Johnathan Angel: YOU'RE A GHOST!? 

?: That's right! I'm Blake by the way! 

Johnathan Angel: A ghost! 

Blake: Yep! 

Johnathan Angel: I haven't seen a ghost in years! 

Blake: It's crazy that you ever saw one at all. 

Johnathan Angel: Where have you been?! 

Blake: Huh? I don't know what you mean by that.

Johnathan Angel: Ghosts I mean! I used to see you guys all the time! Then I thought I lost the gift, but here you are! 

Blake: Yep! Here I am! You can really see me. This is wild. I've been trying to get people's attention for….well I don't know how long actually. It's not easy to get attention when you're apparently dead. 

Johnathan Angel: I have so many questions, but first off, what are you doing here specifically? 

Blake: Huh? Oh! That package over there! It drew me in. 

Johnathan Angel: Drew you in?

Blake: The thing inside. I just felt it and followed it here. 

Johnathan Angel: Do you know what's in it?

Blake: No idea! 

Johnathan Angel: You don't know a lot do you?

Blake: Correct! I don't even know how long I've been like this, or been here…this place is crazy. 

Johnathan Angel: My office?

Blake: The Death Realm. You probably can't see it, but it's…well it's different. You should open the box?

Johnathan Angel: Y-yeah?

Blake: Well I would, but I can't. 

Johnathan Angel: Right. 

Blake: I mean I can move things if I concentrate, but it's not really my package is it? 

Johnathan Angel: Alright so you have manners…except for the breaking and entering. 

Blake: No breaking! I just sort of entered! 

Johnathan Angel: Uh-huh. Well, I guess I'll open it.

Johnathan moved over to his desk and slowly opened the package, while the ghost named Blake hovered behind him. He found an elaborate case inside of the package, and opened it up to reveal a belt. a large metallic belt with an ornate circle in the center, with an aperture. Beside it, a glowing button and several other sophisticated devices. 

Johnathan Angel: What? What is this? 

Blake: Oh hey! Another one! It looks just like mine! 

Johnathan Angel: Yours?

Blake reached into his jacket and pulled out an identical belt. While Johnathan's gave off a bluish glow, Blake's had a reddish hue to it.

Blake: Soul Driver! 

Johnathan Angel: Soul Driver?

Blake: That's what it's called! 

Johnathan Angel: How do you know that?

Johnathan Angel: That's not really helping me here! 

Blake: I just know that I've seen it before. I think…I think I know what it's for! I think I remember! It's for-

Suddenly, the lights flickered in the room, and the whole cafe shuddered. Something about it felt very familiar to Johnathan. 

Johnathan Angel: I know that feeling. 

Blake: You felt that? I felt that! I see a bright light too. 

Johnathan Angel: Thinking about heading towards it? 

Blake: Wrong light. It's coming from the city. It's coming from-

Blake and Johnathan: Faust Tower.

Back at the tower, the systems were going critical, as the lens was unable to hold back the energy pulsing forth. Forms began to emerge from the portal and flew in every direction. The Geist Guards tried to stop them, but to no avail. One such creature began to take shape in front of Dr. Hegel. A bat-like entity, with a hideous visage and wings that stretched out from its back. The Doctor screamed as the creature flew into him. The Doctor's eyes suddenly glowed red as he fought the guards and ran out of the building. An alarm signaled to Agent Ashley West that she was too late. She looked out the window to see the Doctor commandeer a Geist Jeep and drive it out of the facility. She quickly spoke into her Geist branded watch. 

Ashley West: This is Agent West, calling on all agents! We have a Spectral Incursion! I repeat, we have Spectral Incursion! The target is Dr. Hegel, and he's off site! Pursue the target! I repeat, pursue the target!

Ashley ran to the entrance as several Geist Jeeps were pulling up. She jumped into the lead vehicle and pointed them in the direction of Dr. Hegel. 

On the other side of the city, Johnathan Angel was running towards the site of the disturbance. Blake the ghost was running beside him. 

Blake: Slow down man! 

Johnathan Angel: Can't keep up? You're a ghost! 

Blake: I'm more worried about you! I need you alive! 

Johnathan Angel: Why do you need me alive? 

Blake: I just know that I do! 

Johnathan Angel: Right. More of your vague knowledge. What I know is that Geist just unleashed something. I don't know how I know, but I can feel it. It feels just like it did that day.

Johnathan thought back to the day of the crash, and the energy that jumped into the sky. He thought about the feeling it gave him, the same feeling he had right now. He suddenly had to stop as a Geist Jeep drove by him. He looked at the man driving for a split second, but saw his eyes glowing red, but that's not all he saw. In a quick flash, the visage of the bat creature appeared to him. As the jeep drove off, it left a greenish signature behind it. Johnathan deduced that it was something normal people couldn't see judging by the other onlookers. 

Blake: Oh no. Did you see that? 

Johnathan Angel: I did. I actually did see that yeah. 

Blake: That thing is bad news. It should be here! Follow them! 

Johnathan Angel: But I-

Blake: We don't have time! That guy is in danger, and he's going to put others in danger if we don't act now! 

Johnathan Angel: Fine! Fine, but I have NO IDEA how we're supposed to "act" on whatever that was.

Johnathan altered course, and ran after the jeep. Other Geist Jeeps soon followed by them, and Johnathan jumped behind a bunch of crates, as they pulled up to a warehouse, with guns drawn, and elaborate glowing vests activated. 

Johnathan Angel: What is Geist doing here? 

Blake: Cleaning up their mess it looks like, but I don't like their chances.

Johnathan and Blake watched on as the men drew their weapons and entered the warehouse. The Doctor was pulling at his hair, gnashing his teeth, and screaming. His veins bulged and his eyes went from red to black, the Geist Guards fired on him, with stunning rounds. The rounds did little to subdue him, and only made him madder. The dark apparition inside of him seemed to jump out momentarily, attempting to enter one of the guards, but the vest seemed to repel him back into the Doctor. With no place to go the Doctor screamed out and suddenly transformed into the large bat creature. It lunged at the guards, biting and clawing at them, quickly wiping out the first wave. Blake saw a woman enter the building and suddenly felt a flash of a memory. He clutched his Soul Driver as she went in guns blazing. She was more agile than the other guards, evading the bat creature's attacks, but she soon found herself backed into a corner. 

Blake: YOU HAVE TO HELP HER! 

Johnathan Angel: Help her?! I'd love to believe me, but what can I do against that thing!? 

Blake: Please! Don't let it get her! 

Johnathan Angel: I-

Blake: AH!

Blake ran over to the warehouse, and lunged at the bat creature. It seemed to work as the bat creature staggered back. Agent West couldn't see what was holding it back, nor could she see what the creature was suddenly attacking. It slashed at Blake, and actually managed to slice his shirt. 

Johnathan Angel: What? It's reacting on two levels of reality!

Blake: Johnny boy! Put on the belt!

Johnathan looked in his hand  to realize he'd brought the belt with him unknowingly. He quickly did what Blake asked of him. 

Blake: Place the lens on the side over the aperture, and push the button on the side! 

Johnathan again did what Blake had asked of him. He found a round lens on the side of the belt that fit perfectly into the round center of the belt. He placed the lens and pushed the button on the side. The belt itself began to speak. 

Belt: THROUGH THE LENS OF LIFE, I FACE DEATH.

Johnathan reached into the sky, as he felt himself enveloped by energy, and quickly encased. Blake's belt opened up in the center, and he too was enveloped by energy, but he disappeared into the aperture of Johnathan's belt. Agent West and the bat creature both turned to look as the stack of crates exploded, leaving a giant flaming crater, and figure standing in the center of the burning wreckage

Ashley West was stunned at the figure she saw before her. He wrenched his neck and stretched his arms before pointing at the bat creature. As he pointed, the belt spoke again.

Belt: Riding the line between life and death. This is Kamen Rider Soul. 

To Be Continued… 

Last edited by Machismo (2/21/2024 7:15 am)

2/26/2024 11:30 am  #2

Re: Kamen Rider Soul

Episode 2: Through a Lens Deathly

The man in the suit stood in the flames, stretching out as he sized up the bat creature. The bat creature stopped attacking Agent West, who looked on as the imposing monster stepped towards the burning crater. 

Hegel Bat: YOU! I KNOW YOU! 

Kamen Rider Soul: Then you're one step ahead of me, cause I don't. I do know one thing though. You're going back where you came from, and I'm going to send you there.

Hegel Bat backed into the warehouse as Kamen Rider Soul followed in pursuit. Agent West backed away and watched from some crates. In the dimly lit, abandoned warehouse, Kamen Rider Soul stood ready, the glow from his masked visor reflecting determination. The air was tense as the eerie sounds of fluttering wings echoed through the vast space. Suddenly, the massive bat creature emerged from the shadows, its wingspan casting a menacing silhouette. Kamen Rider Soul clenched his fist tightly. The bat creature, with its leathery wings and sharp fangs, let out a chilling screech as he swooped in, but Soul was more up to the task, swiftly dodging the creature's lunging attack. With lightning-fast reflexes, he retaliated, throwing a haymaker at the Hegen Bat. 

The creature, agile despite its size, evaded the attack and countered with a barrage of razor-sharp claws. Kamen Rider Soul expertly parried the strikes, the clash of metal against claws reverberating through the air. The masked hero executed acrobatic maneuvers, avoiding the creature's attacks while landing precise strikes of his own. As the intensity of the battle escalated, Kamen Rider Soul slapped his knee a few times, and the energy in the air seemed to reverberate and draw inwards. The aperture on the belt swirled wildly as Soul went for a big attack, launching himself into the air with tremendous force. With a powerful knee, he struck the creature's chest, causing a large and forceful explosion that even Agent West could feel. Soul appeared on the other side of the explosion and looked away from the Hegel Bat as it fell to the ground and exploded once more, leaving the still living Dr. Hegel on the floor of the warehouse. 

Soul continued to stand still as Agent West appeared behind him with her specialized gun drawn. 

Agent West: Do NOT move! Who are you?

Kamen Rider Soul: …..

Kamen Rider Soul tilted his head at the voice he heard, but otherwise kept motionless. Agent West went to check on the fallen Dr. Hegel. His vitals were weak but he would live if she worked quickly enough. She activated her Geist Watch to send for help. 

Agent West: This is Agent West! We have an emergency! Send medical help to-

As Agent West looked up, she noticed that the masked figure was no longer there. 

Agent West: Wha- How did the- forget it! I NEED THAT HELP NOW! Dr. Hegel is alive!

On the roof of the warehouse, Kamen Rider Soul stood out looking over the city. The moon reflected from the water and illuminated Hanta. 

Kamen Rider Soul: What a view. I can't remember the last time I saw it.

Suddenly, an apparition appeared behind Kamen Rider Soul. It was Johnathan Angel in a ghostly presence. 

Johnathan Angel: Can you please tell me what the hell just happened?! Am I dead? Did you kill me? Did you steal my body!? 

Blake: What? No! You still have your body! Look down! I just needed to swap places with you for a bit, and the Soul Door Aperture allowed me to do that. 

Johnathan Angel: Then where am I?! 

Blake: You're in the Death Realm Johnny boy, but don't panic, because I need-

Johnathan Angel: THE DEATH REALM?!

From Johnathan's point of view, the scene was much different. The moon was larger, and the sky had a greenish hue. He could see spectral entities flying around. It was Hanta, but at the same time it wasn't. 

Johnathan Angel: This is what you see? 

Blake: Yep! That's a place between life and true death, whatever afterlife you're stuck from entering or trying to avoid I guess. Some restless souls looking for peace, and some malevolent entities from the darker corners of that void. I need you there, because the fight isn't over.

Johnathan Angel: What do you mean? 

Blake: I sent the bat back to the Death Realm, but it's gotten a taste of life again, and that makes it unstable. It can and will escape again, unless you destroy it once and for all. 

Johnathan Angel: How would I do that? 

Blake: So many questions! 

Johnathan Angel: You're not giving me enough answers! 

Blake: We have to reverse the polarity. You gave me a jolt of life energy, and now you're going to receive death energy from me. Flip the front plate of the belt upside down. It will click into place. Then push the button on the side again. That should do it. 

Johnathan Angel: That SHOULD do it? That should do it. Right. Fine. Here I go.

Johnathan and Blake both flipped their belt's front plate and pushed the button on the side. 

Belt: THROUGH THE LENS OF DEATH, I FACE LIFE.

The suit disappeared from Blake in a flash, as did he from the living world, as he appeared back in the Death Realm by Johnathan as he began to transform himself into Kamen Rider Soul, only this time, the reddish hue of the energy and the design on the suit was replaced with a vibrant neon blue. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Whoa! Incredible! I feel- I feel superhuman right now! 

Blake: Only the living can use the suit in the Death Realm. Now, you have to stop it. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Stop what?

Blake: That!

Blake pointed over to the bat creature hovering in front of them. Even less human looking than before, the malevolent spirit writhed and pulsed in spectral anger as it lunged towards Kamen Rider Soul. The winds of death whistled through the air as Kamen Rider Soul stood on the rooftop. The large bat creature descended from the shadows, its wings spread wide as it prepared to strike. The moon cast an ethereal glow on the rooftop. The creature unleashed a relentless assault, its claws slashing through the air. Kamen Rider Soul, a blur of motion and panic, parried the attacks with finesse.

Kamen Rider Soul: How am I doing this!? 

Blake: The suit carries the memory of my spirit energy. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Fine, but how did YOU do it?!

Blake: I have no idea!

Kamen Rider Soul: Of course!

Blake: Knock him back!

Kamen Rider Soul threw a punch that sent the bat creature floating back into the air. 

Blake: Finish it off! Summon up the spectral power to your knee to-

Johnathan Angel: I'm more of a kicking kind of guy!

Johnathan mimicked what Blake had down, only slapping his boot instead of his knee. The same effect occurred, only this time, it drew from life energy, bringing the bluish hue to Death Realm. Kamen Rider Soul jumped into the air as the bat lunged once more, and they connected in the air. Kamen Rider Soul struggled, but finally managed to kick threw the entity, causing another large explosion. Back in the warehouse, Agent West stood up for a moment, as if she heard and felt the impact.

Agent West: What was- what was that? Is this what he was-

Back in the Death Realm. The explosion launched spectral energy towards the belts of both Blake and Johnathan. 

Kamen Rider Soul: What was that? Please tell me you know this one. 

Blake: Can't you feel it? The spirit energy of that creature. You defeat one, and you claim its power. It makes Soul stronger, but it gives me an added bonus too. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Oh? Hey wait, how do I get out of here?

Blake: Uh, deactivate the Soul Driver. Since I'm back here, you should end up back where you're supposed to be. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Should he says. A lot of assumptions we're making today.

Johnathan deactivated the belt, and he returned to the land of living, still on top of the roof. He felt a slight pat on the back. 

Blake: Great job ma-

Johnathan Angel: Whoa! Did you just touch me? 

Blake: Huh? Oh yeah, just a pat on that back. Way to go! 

Johnathan Angel: How did you touch me? 

Blake: That bonus I was talking about. Stronger uh….ghost I guess. Haha! That's great! 

Johnathan Angel: I'm thrilled for you, but I have a problem! See those jeeps coming? That's Geist! They're heading straight for us! How do I get down!? Uh…fire escape! I see a fire escape in that building over there. I just need to jump over to the other building and-

Blake: Can you make that jump?

Johnathan Angel: I think I sort of need to! 

Blake: Right. Well good luck!

Johnathan stretched a moment before taking a deep breath and running towards the edge of the warehouse. He tripped at the last second, but before he hit the ground, a dumpster rolled over to catch him. Johnathan landed in the garbage hard, but uninjured. He crawled out to see Blake standing there. 

Blake: See? That came in handy for you too. With a lot of concentration I can do stuff like that. Maybe with time I'll even remember just who I-

Blake looked up to see Johnathan running just as Geist reached the building. 

Blake: Oh right. He's got to worry about being seen. Being dead has perks I suppose. So who were those guys?

Blake poked his head around the corner as the Geist Guards carried Dr. Hegel away. Victor Faust approached in a trenchcoat, with an unassuming man in a suit and glasses holding an umbrella over him. 

Victor Faust: Dr. Hegel, you claimed responsibility for what would happen. You said you would pay that price. It's time to pay up. Take him back to the tower.

Victor's grim face turned into a warm and pleasant smile as he approached Agent West. 

Victor Faust: Ashley my dear, it's a relief to see that you are unharmed. 

Agent West: I'm fine, but a lot of my team isn't. What happened sir? 

Victor Faust: Unfortunately, Dr. Hegel activated the project without permission. He thought he would become a world famous scientist, taking credit for all the years of time, effort, and money that Geist has put into the unlimited energy program. 

Agent West: Hegel did that?

Victor Faust: I know this feels very familiar to what happened before. I'm afraid it could be far worse. I'll be counting on you to help me get this under control. Lives are at stake, and the fate of Geist. I know that you won't let me down. 

Agent West: But sir I-

Victor Faust: Please get yourself checked out before you debrief. You can never be too careful. 

Agent West. R-right. Yes sir.

As Victor Faust walked away, Agent West turned back to where she last saw the man in the suit. 

Agent West: …It couldn't be.

Agent West: Could it?

Back the Cafe Noir, a cold, tired, and dirty Johnathan stumbled into lobby, spooking Lizbeth.

Lizbeth: WHOA! 

Johnathan Angel: Ah! 

Lizbeth: What are you doing?! You're coming in at this hour looking like THAT!

She jumped out from behind her desk and smelled Johnathan. 

Lizbeth: And SMELLING like that?! What have you been up to? Hmmm?

Johnathan Angel: Uh…I was following a lead! Trying to make some money, ya know? Things got a little…out of hand! 

Lizbeth: Out of hand? You smell like garbage! 

Johnathan Angel: Tell me about it. I'm going to go get cleaned up. 

Lizbeth: You'd better because I JUST put fresh sheets in your room! Do NOT lay on them until you clean up! 

Johnathan Angel: Yes Mam!

Lizbeth: What is up with that guy?

Lizbeth quickly went back to her blog on Geistbook. 

Lizbeth: *typing*The plot thickens dear readers, and the air is thick, with the smell of garbage, as our stinky investigator arrives home in a state of disarray. What will his beautiful, brainy, and resourceful landlady do about this?

Johnathan reached his room and shut the door behind him. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath, relief that it was all over. That is until he heard him. 

Blake: This place sure is great. Where am I staying? 

Johnathan Angel: Hm?

Blake: I mean, I don't need to sleep, but I enjoy laying down ya know? 

Johnathan Angel: AHHHH!!!

Blake: AHHHH!!!

Back downstairs…

Lizbeth: *typing* She might have to burn his clothes, but *gulp* how would she remove them from hi-

Lizbeth was suddenly startled by the screaming upstairs. 

Lisbeth: Yep…he's losing it.

Back at Geist Tower, Victor Faust had already made his way back to his executive office, overlooking the city. The man in the suit and glasses took his coat, and handed him his phone.

Victor Faust: *on the phone* Hello? Yes, this is Victor Faust. It appears the worst case scenario has occurred, but where there is a crisis, I see amazing opportunities.

Victor pulled up footage of the warehouse fight from a nearby surveillance camera. He wasn't able to see who it was, but he was able to see a transformation, as Kamen Rider Soul stepped up to fight Hegel Bat. 

Victor Faust: *on the phone* Prepare for Operation Cemetery Wind.

To Be Continued… 

Last edited by Machismo (2/26/2024 2:21 pm)

3/05/2024 4:35 am  #3

In a nearly empty parking garage, a young man named Hiroshi was running towards his car, while chatting on the phone. He was quickly ripping off his suit and tie on route. 

Hiroshi: *on the phone* Yeah, I JUST got done! They kept me for some serious overtime, but I'm wide awake and ready to party! I'm on my way to the car right now! Don't start pouring the drinks until I get there! I NEED this! Alright later!

Hiroshi ran over to his car and unhooked it from the Geist Corporation Charger, and fumbled his keys looking to unlock the door. In his haste and excitement, he dropped them under the car. Cursing to himself he quickly dropped down to fetch them. He reached under the car, but was startled when he felt something touch his hand. He looked under the car, but didn't see anything except his keys. He breathed a sigh of relief, until he heard a guttural clicking sound above him. He looked up and immediately screamed as whatever it was snatched him up. 

Episode 3: The Web We Weave...

Johnathan Angel stood across the auto lot, looking at a car he'd had his eye on for some time. He thought about how much easier it would be to get around with a mode of transportation, when he was suddenly snapped out of his trance. 

Blake: That's a sweet ride. 

Johnathan Angel: Whoa! I didn't know you were following me! 

Blake: I don't have much else I CAN do to be honest. Why don't you go buy it? 

Johnathan Angel: Well I'm broke for one. 

Blake: Didn't you just finish a job or something? 

Johnathan Angel: That was a…con job to be honest, and I already fixed that.

Hours earlier Johnathan put the money given to him by Mrs. Taggart in an envelope and placed it on her doorstep before knocking on the door and running off. 

Blake: You were right though. 

Blake: Her husband WAS there. 

Johnathan Angel: You were following me that long?

Blake: Uh, yeah I guess so. Haha! 

Johnathan Angel: And if I asked you why, I doubt you'd give me an answer. 

Blake: Oh I'll give you one, but it's "I don't know" so make of that what you will. 

Johnathan Angel: So her husband WAS there? 

Blake: Yeah, but it was one of those things where he didn't realize what was going on. I sort of nudged him to the light. She's not going to be bothered anymore. 

Johnathan Angel: Why couldn't I see him?

Blake: It's strange to assume you can see ghosts. 

Johnathan Angel: I used to see them all the time. It was after the accident. 

Blake: Accident?

Johnathan thought back to the crash that killed his parents, and the hand that extended into the water to pull him out of the lake. 

Johnathan Angel: A bad car accident. It's one of the other reasons I'm reluctant to get a car. 

Blake: Car? I thought you were looking at that! 

Johnathan Angel: At what?

Blake pointed over to a black motorcycle. 

Johnathan Angel: What?! That?! That could get me killed! 

Blake: Well that's why you wear a helmet. 

Johnathan Angel: Is that what happened to you? Are you speaking from any kind of experience? 

Blake: Who knows, but I think I know how to ride one. We need a vehicle, and that's actually cheaper than the car you're wanting. 

Johnathan Angel: Well that part is true, but I'm the one that needs a vehicle. You don't need one. 

Blake: I need you to be able to keep up. 

Johnathan Angel: Keep up with what? 

Blake: We have a job to do. Something happened that breached the two realms, and a lot of nasty customers crossed over at that moment. They're out there right now, more than capable of altering the physical, living world like they did with that bat guy. 

Johnathan Angel: What do you think caused that? 

Blake: Those guys in the jeeps were sent out to contain it. 

Johnathan Angel: Geist? They supply the electricity to the city, and just about everything else for that matter. It wouldn't be crazy to assume they have their own security squad as well, however, it is odd that they showed up and no other police were called.

Blake: You got to get that motorcycle. 

Johnathan Angel: I don't think so Blake. I owe Lizbeth as is and-

Lizbeth: JOHNATHAN! 

Johnathan Angel: Oh there she is now. Wait what?!

Lizbeth: Johnathan! I've been trying to find you all morning!

Johnathan Angel: What? Why? Is this about rent? I know you need it, but-

Lizbeth: No, you got a job! 

Johnathan Angel: I got a job? 

Lizbeth: That's what I said. 

Johnathan Angel: I just needed to make sure, because that doesn't happen often. Thought I might have hallucinated. 

Lizbeth: It's a high paying job too! The Styx Financial Group! 

Johnathan Angel: Styx? They're one of the biggest companies in the city! Are you telling me they think they're haunted? 

Lizbeth: Someone on staff does! Several workers on the thirteenth floor have gone missing in the last couple of days! 

Johnathan Angel: That's more like the job of the police isn't it?

Lizbeth: That's what I said, but they want to hire you as a consultant! You'll get paid no matter what! 

Johnathan Angel: That's the best kind of being paid.

Lizbeth: But you have to get there quickly or the whole thing could fall apart! 

Johnathan Angel: Well then, I guess I have no choice.

Blake: Hehehe.

Moments later, Johnathan was riding his brand new motorcycle, trying hard to keep it straight on the road, gripping the handles tightly and trying to make sure his helmet was on properly. 

Johnathan Angel: This was a mistake! 

Blake: You're doing great! I don't feel like I'm in any danger at all! 

Johnathan Angel: Of course you wouldn't!

Johnathan drove by the Geist Corporation building on the way to the Styx Financial Group. Outside of the building, the CEO Victor Faust was addressing the press.

Victor Faust: To answer your question, the power outage was caused by a damaged generator, but that has been repaired, and the loss of power in those sectors will be noted and credited in billing. The people of Geist also receive electricity from Geist, so we sympathize for the loss of power and other essential services. It is our goal to bring about the betterment of society, and we will continue to do our best to protect the interests of the people of Hanta City. Thank you.

Victor was approached by his right hand man, who handed him a phone as he walked away from the press conference. 

Victor Faust: Thank you Dimitri. *on the phone* This is Victor Faust. Yes, I need the squads ready. This is far more serious than before. Spectral Incursion has already occurred once, and now we're hearing it may be happening again. Cemetery Wind is hereby activated. Deal with it. Also…give Agent West all the support she needs. She lost some members of her team with Hegel. This is getting personal…just like before. 

Inside of the Geist Tower, Agent West was looking at a picture in her locker, when she was called on her Geist Watch. 

Geist Guard: Mam, the delivery has been made from R&D. 

Agent West: Thank you. I'll be there shortly. Get ready to roll as soon as possible.

Ashley turned off her watch and sat on the bench in front of her locker. She buried her face into her hands and thought back to the night of the Hegel Bat attack. Through the flames she saw the man in the suit. She had told Victor Faust all about it in the briefing, everything, except for who the man reminded her of. 

Johnathan Angel entered the lobby of Styx Financial Management, speaking to the secretary at the front desk. 

Johnathan Angel: Hello, I'm Johnathan Angel, paranormal investigator. 

Secretary: Excuse me? 

Johnathan Angel: Uh…paranormal investigator? 

Secretary: Just wanted to make sure I heard that right. What can I do for you sir? 

Johnathan Angel: I am here to speak with the client who hired me. 

Secretary: Sir, is this a prank? 

Johnathan Angel: What? No! 

Secretary: Sir, we're in the middle of a security crisis. We don't have time for-

Suddenly a meek woman in a dress suit and glasses ran up. 

Woman: Uh…he's here for me! I hired him! 

Secretary: Really Ms. Jones?

Ms. Jones: Yes.

Secretary: Well alright then, he's your clearance pass. Please try not to get in the way too much. 

Johnathan Angel: Hey, I'm here to help…I think?

Ms. Jones: Yes, you are! Please come with me!

Ms. Jones took Johnathan away to an empty office room.

Johnathan Angel: Ms. Jones is it? I'm sorry I didn't get your name from-

Ms. Jones: Please call me Trisha. In this stuffy corporate atmosphere I hear "Ms. Jones" far too often.

Johnathan Angel: Alright then, Trisha it is. I'm Johnathan Angel. You hired me? 

Trisha Jones: That's right. We've had mysterious disappearances in the office the last few days. Of course the police are investigating and suspecting foul play. Some think it's a hoax or a prank too. I know the truth though. I saw it. 

Johnathan Angel: What did you see? 

Trisha Jones: I saw its reflection one night. It was a monster! A horrific spider like monster. 

Johnathan Angel: A giant spider monster? 

Trisha Jones: I KNOW that sounds crazy, but I know what I saw! 

Johnathan Angel: That doesn't sound as crazy to me as it would have a week ago. 

Trisha Jones: I needed someone to believe me and find proof! I needed someone to expose this whole thing, cause no one is talking about it! Some Geist guys showed up one day and everything seemed to change. 

Johnathan Angel: Geist? Interesting. I will look around the building, and I will see what I can see, cause that's what I normally do. I'm not sure what evidence I can get but-

Trisha Jones: Please, watch out for Hiroshi. 

Johnathan Angel: Hiroshi? 

Trisha Jones: Hiroshi Watanabe. He's been spooked and nervous since this whole thing started. He's new here and- well- he gets picked on for lack of a better way of putting it. His office peers have not been kind to him. It infuriates me truth be told. It makes me so so mad. He's a nice guy. He's really sweet, but they love heckling the new guy. It drives me crazy! So please go easy on him. 

Johnathan Angel: Sounds rough. School yard attitudes in an office high rise? I don't care for bullies myself.

Trisha Jones: Again, I know this sounds crazy, but I'm happy to pay you for your services. You don't have to believe-

Johnathan Angel: I believe you Trisha. I really do believe you.

Johnathan could see something Trisha could not. Behind her on the wall, a spectral trail that lead up into the duct system. Something was most definitely inhabiting this building. Johnathan spent the next couple of hours interviewing the office staff. Throughout the interview process, he made note of a meek looking man in glasses. His name badge said Hiroshi, but he would have been able to tell regardless by the attitudes of those around him. Johnathan made his way around the building, catching glimpses of spectral energy all around. He walked outside to the roof of the building where Blake was standing, looking out over the city. 

Johnathan Angel: There you are! I was wondering where you wandered off to. 

Blake: I've been lurking around, listening to conversations. The pros of being a ghost I suppose. You heard the official version of stuff, I heard what's really going on around here. 

Johnathan Angel: I could tell they were all trying not to be nervous about something, especially when Hiroshi was around. 

Blake: Perceptive. The people who have gone missing were all his biggest bullies in the office.

Johnathan Angel: Did you get anything from him?

Blake: He's been looking over his shoulder all day. 

Johnathan Angel: Wow, what a team we're making on this. I didn't know what information I'd be able to get, but the picture is becoming clear. I've seen spectral trails all around the building. I think someone in the office might be this spider creature that Trisha Jones saw. Were you there for that? 

Blake: Yeah, and I think you're right. A lot of crazy activity is happening around this building on my end. 

Blake: Human life force is entering the Death Realm. Just like the spectral energy makes us stronger, human life force makes the creatures on this end stronger. They hunger for it. They crave it. Only those who fully cross over can feed on it, but someone in this building is, and it's drawing the attention of the have-nots, if you catch my drift. 

Johnathan Angel: I do. All signs point to this Hiroshi guy. 

Blake: I love a good confrontation. You ready? 

Johnathan Angel: Am I really doing this? 

Blake: You gotta Johnny boy! You have the Soul Driver. 

Johnathan Angel: I don't even know why I have this! 

Blake: You got it in the mail. 

Johnathan Angel: I know that! Who sent it? 

Johnathan Angel: You got all the answers until you don't. 

Blake: Sucks for me too. You ready? 

Johnathan Angel: Yeah. Let's go.

Meanwhile, outside of the building, a Geist Jeep pulled up. Agent West jumped out with three Geist Guards, all suited up in heavy gear with the energized vests on. They handed Agent West a briefcase. She opened it to reveal a large, mechanical power sword that generated the same energy that came from the vests. 

Agent West: Wow, this is a nice piece of hardware. It feels lighter than it should. The R&D department have outdone themselves on this one. The word from upstairs is that we have a spectral incursion somewhere in this building. We need to contain it as soon as possible. Let's be discreet until we have no choice but to be loud. Do you understand? 

Geist Guards: Yes Mam! 

Agent West: Let's move!

In the parking lot, Hiroshi looked around cautiously as he made his way towards his car. Suddenly, he heard a voice that startled him. 

Johnathan Angel: Wait just a moment, Hiroshi Watanabe. We need to talk. 

Hiroshi Watanabe: What? Why? I don't know anything! I really don't! 

Johnathan Angel: You're shaking. Is that your usual parking spot? It is covered in spectral energy. I can see it on the walls, on your car, and on you. 

Hiroshi Watanabe: Wait! Wait! I can explain! 

Johnathan Angel: I believe you have been possessed. The creature has allowed you to take revenge on those who have wronged you. I want to know where they are right now. Are they still alive?

Hiroshi Watanabe: I don't know what you're talking about! 
Trisha Jones: Mr. Angel, what are you doing?

Johnathan Angel: Trisha? 

Trisha Jones: I hired you because I wanted you to protect Hiroshi. I wanted you to find who was doing this before they got to him! Why would you think it's him? He was attacked by the creature! 

Johnathan Angel: Excuse me? 

Hiroshi Watanabe: H-how do you know that Trisha? 

Trisha Jones: How…do I-

Blake: Uh-oh. Johnathan, I think we got it wrong. 

Johnathan Angel: What? 

Blake: Sometimes a victim can be possessed and not know it. 

Johnathan Angel: You think she hired us not realizing that-

Blake: She's the creature in question. 

Trisha Jones: What? That's impossible! I-

Trisha suddenly caught her reflection in the mirror of a car. It was a grizzly image of a horrid spider monster. Then she remembered that night. The night that she attempted to attack Hiroshi from the ceiling of the parking garage. She caught her reflection that night too, and it's what stopped her. 

Trisha Jones: I was seeing me! I had- had to stop it. I had to stop it from hurting Hiroshi, but- but now I remember, it's feeding on my rage. It's feeding on my resentment! It's taken them because they hurt Hiroshi. THEY HURT MY HIROSHI! AHHH!

Trisha Jones: O-oh no.

Trisha suddenly fell to the ground and began to mutate. The ghost inside of her manifested, and the spider creature rose from the ground. It quickly jumped into the shadows. 

Johnathan Angel: Hiroshi! Get out of her now! 

Hiroshi Watanabe: Right! 

Blake: Johnathan, are you ready? 

Johnathan Angel: No choice but to be.

Johnathan placed the lens onto the aperture of the Soul Driver. 

Blake: HENSHIN!

The Aperture began spinning, as Johnathan was sent to the Death Realm. The suit formed as Blake returned to the realm of the living once again, as- 

Belt: Riding the line between life and death. This is Kamen Rider Soul.

The air crackled with an eerie energy as the shadows revealed the Jones Spider, a humanoid arachnid with a sinister aura. Her eight legs moved with a haunting grace, and her eyes glowed with an unsettling determination. Kamen Rider Soul, standing at the ready, confronted the Jones Spider as she descended from the shadows. The moonlight cast an eerie glow on the asphalt. The masked hero's visor gleamed as he prepared for the supernatural showdown. The Jones Spider, her movements as agile as her arachnid nature, lunged at Kamen Rider Soul with blinding speed. The parking lot became a dynamic battleground as the hero skillfully dodged her attacks. The humanoid spider woman unleashed a flurry of strikes, her limbs moving with a deadly precision. Kamen Rider Soul parried the attacks, showcasing his martial prowess. The clash of metal against spider limbs echoed through the night. With a sudden burst of speed, the Jones Spider scaled a nearby wall, her agility allowing her to attack from unexpected angles. Kamen Rider Soul, undeterred, tracked her movements with his enhanced senses. He leaped into the air, meeting her mid-air in a dazzling display of acrobatics. The rooftop of a nearby building became an extension of their battlefield as the confrontation intensified. The Jones Spider, using her web-spinning abilities, attempted to ensnare Kamen Rider Soul. The hero, however, fought through the ethereal threads, determined to break free. Suddenly, they found themselves surrounded by the Geist Guards and Agent West. 

Agent West: STOP RIGHT NOW! OPEN FIRE ON THE SPIDER!

The two Geist Guards pulled out advanced rifles that fired upon Jones Spider, but only served to upset the creature. She shot webs at the two guards and left them tied up on the ground. Agent West grit her teeth and clenched the sword as she rushed at Jones Spider. Kamen Rider Soul looked at her as she ran. Time seemed to slow down. He quickly jumped in the way, and blocked her from attacking. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Don't. She'll kill you. 

Agent West: This is MY JOB! 

Kamen Rider Soul: Allow me.

The way Soul looked as West caught her off guard. He put his hand on her arm to assure her, as he slowly grabbed the Geist Power Sword. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Mind if I use this? Thank you!

Agent West: W-wait what?!

Kamen Rider Soul used the Geist Sword to slash through web shots and sliced at the creature, causing it to recoil. It began to retreat down the side of the building. Kamen Rider Soul motioned towards Agent West before jumping down after the Jones Spider. Agent West touched her arm, where Soul had gently grabbed her. She wondered why she let her guard down, before snapping out of it to free the Geist Guards from their web prisons. Soul followed Jones Spider to the depths of the Styx Financial boiler room. There he found them, the missing workers tied up and being drained of their life force. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Found them! 

Jones Spider: THEY HURT HIM! THEY DESERVE THIS! 

Kamen Rider Soul: This isn't you talking lady. You let the arachnid ghost prey on your darkest desires, but this isn't you and this isn't right. Fight it! 

Jones Spider: I-I-I-I CAN'T!!!

The battle escalated as the Jones Spider summoned spectral spiders to swarm the area. The tiny arachnids darted towards Kamen Rider Soul, attempting to overwhelm him with sheer numbers. The masked hero, however, skillfully weaved through the onslaught, dispatching the spectral spiders with precise strikes. Undeterred, the Jones Spider charged forward, her movements blending a predatory grace with supernatural speed. She aimed to entangle Kamen Rider Soul in her ethereal webs, seeking to restrict his movements. The boiler room became a labyrinth of spectral threads, each strand a potential trap.
With a powerful Rider Knee, Soul shattered the threads, creating a shockwave that sent the Jones Spider reeling. Seizing the opportunity, Kamen Rider Soul closed the distance between them, launching a series of rapid strikes. The humanoid spider woman, her defenses weakened, struggled to counter the onslaught. The hero's blade glowed with mystical energy as he aimed to sever the dark connection binding her to the living realm. Kamen Rider Soul unleashed a radiant Soul Slash, striking the humanoid spider woman with overwhelming force. The Jones Spider's form dissipated into shadows as Trisha Jones fell to the ground, and the other office workers were freed from their webbed prisons. 

Agent West and the Geist Guards made their way down to see Soul thwart the creature. The Guards went to help the downed office workers as Agent West pointed her gun at Soul. 

Agent West: Who are you? 

Kamen Rider Soul: I wish I knew, but I'm working on it.

Soul flipped the lens on the Soul Driver and pushed the button. In the Death Realm a nearby Johnathan Angel did the same thing. 

Johnathan Angel: HENSHIN!

Kamen Rider Soul suddenly disappeared in a flash of light. Johnathan Angel was now clad in the suit in the Death Realm, as he pursued the spider entity in its natural environment. Blake looked on at the Agent who was bewildered by what just happened. He walked up to her for a moment, before snapping back to attention and rushing after Soul.

Agent West: … 

The air was thick with an otherworldly gloom, and the very ground beneath him seemed to writhe with spectral energy. In the Death Realm, the Jones Spider entity reemerged, her form ethereal and surrounded by a haunting aura. The twisted landscape mirrored the intensity of their battle, with jagged shadows and distorted structures creating an eerie backdrop. The Jones Spider, now empowered by the Death Realm's malevolent energy, lunged at Kamen Rider Soul with newfound ferocity. The masked hero, his senses heightened in this spectral realm, met her attack head-on, their clash resonating with an otherworldly intensity. The Death Realm responded to their battle, distorting reality itself. Spectral spiders materialized again from the shadows, their translucent forms joining the fray. Kamen Rider Soul, faced with the overwhelming swarm, unleashed a radiant burst of energy, dispersing the spectral arachnids, with help from Blake, who was empowered enough from the Hegel Bat energy to put up a fight. Undeterred, the Jones Spider utilized the twisted nature of the Death Realm to her advantage. Shadows coalesced into dark tendrils, aiming to ensnare Kamen Rider Soul and drain his life force. The hero, however, navigated the spectral onslaught with a dance of swift movements, his blade cutting through the dark tendrils. The Death Realm echoed with the clashing of their powers, each strike leaving lingering traces of ethereal energy. Kamen Rider Soul, recognizing the need to end the battle, harnessed the power within him. With a powerful Rider Slash, he unleashed a surge of radiant energy that struck the Jones Spider at her core. Weakened, Kamen Rider Soul jumped into the air for the Rider Soul Kick, which blasted through the creature and destroyed it, its energies being absorbed by the Soul Drivers of both Johnathan and Blake. 

Later on, Johnathan watched from a distance as more Geist Guards approached the building to bring order to the chaos. The various office workers were being carried out to ambulances, along with Trisha Jones, who was joined by Hiroshi Watanabe, who came back to make sure she was alright. He held her hand as she was wheeled into the ambulance. She smiled and shed a tear, as the ambulance drove away. 

Johnathan Angel: I'm thinking there are easier ways to tell someone you love them.

Blake: She was like a black widow, but if the widow killed everyone BUT the mate. 

Johnathan Angel: I guess so. I should have known something was up from the start. 

Blake: What do you mean?

Johnathan Angel: For what I was paid, I assumed the company hired me. If it was her, that means she dipped into the life savings, the 401k, and whatever else it took to get me here. She truly cares about that guy, and was willing to do anything to protect him. 

Blake: Even accepting a Wraith in the process.

Johnathan Angel: A Wraith?

Blake: That's what they're called. I just remembered. 

Johnathan Angel: From absorbing the spider's power? 

Blake: Yeah. It sparked that memory. We called them Wraiths. 

Johnathan Angel: Who is "we"?

Blake: We might need to beat another one before I figure that out. 

Johnathan Angel: Great. Can I take a break? Maybe go pay my rent? Lizbeth is going to kick me out! 

Blake: No way she'd do that. She's sweet on you. 

Johnathan Angel: What?! You're crazy. You're a crazy ghost! 

Blake: You're not the best detective if you can't see the evidence right in front of you! 

Johnathan Angel: I think I'd know if a woman was into me! Anyways, I think I should return that motorcycle. 

Blake: What?! No way! I haven't even had a chance to drive it yet! 

Johnathan Angel: How would you be able to drive it! You're a ghost! 

Blake: Hehe. I know how.

Kamen Rider Soul blazed down the road at high speeds. Blake was in his element. This is something he'd done before. Something he missed. He couldn't help but think he used to ride with someone else as he found the perfect ramp and took the motorcycle into the air. 

To Be Continued…

Last edited by Machismo (3/05/2024 4:37 am)

3/22/2024 1:06 am  #4

Blake felt himself soaring through a place between life and death, light and darkness. His vision was blurry, yet he could see himself spiraling at a frantic pace as a voice could be heard echoing from above and below. 

?: Come home Blake. Come home. It's time to come home Blake.

Blake snapped back to his senses. He looked around and found himself where he was before. Standing atop the Cafe Noir, looking out into a ghostly city, much different from what it looked like for the world of the living. 

Blake: It happened again. What is that? 

Episode 4: Double Vision

Back at the Geist Corporation, a meeting was being held with the top members of the Geist Security team. Agent Ashley West was among those in attendance as Victor Faust's right hand man, simply named Dimitri, gave the presentation. 

Dimitri: Corporate espionage. That's why we're here today. 

Agent West: Espionage? Aren't we more concerned with the spectral incursions? 

Dimitri: We're certainly looking for new methods and technology to deal with these incursions, but a more pressing matter for the Faust Corporation is locking down our trade secrets. Someone out there has technology that belongs to us.

Dimitri clicked a button that projected an image of the Soul Driver onto the table. 

Dimitri: SD-101, the belt was created during the first spectral incursions ten years ago. It was meant to be a containment suit that allowed safe passage into the realm in which the corporation intended to derive a new power source. It works in a similar manner to the gate that caused two incidents now, with a filter lens capturing the power and harnessing it for the wearer. One of two belts was destroyed ten years ago but-

Agent West: The belt went missing. 

Dimitri: …Yes…missing…but presumed destroyed…and the other one was stolen by an unknown perpetrator. It appears that the perpetrator has come out of hiding, and is now using that stolen technology. If not used carefully by Geist, that suit could cause further damage in our containment efforts. All agents are advised not just to focus on containment efforts, but also on capturing the SD-101 and its user. You are dismissed, except for Ashley. I would like to speak with you…alone.

The other agents left the room as Agent West stood up and approached Dimitri. 

Dimitri: You can have a seat Ashley. 

Agent West: I'd rather stand. 

Dimitri: As you wish. I want to apologize for my lack of tact involving that incident ten years ago. I know that it took a toll on you personally. 

Agent West: It did, but I can handle it. I can do my job. 

Dimitri: I know you can. You're quite capable on the field…and quite impressive in many other ways. Mr. Faust is counting on you, and I am counting on you. 

Agent West: You're not the only ones that want to catch this guy. If he knew what happened. If he could give us a clue after ten years, I'd very much like to capture him as well. That being said, on two occasions now he's been an asset to us. He stopped the Hegel Bat and Jones Spider. I-

Dimitri: We believe the thief has a motive unknown to us. The job is in much more capable hands when the SD-101 is back in Geist custody. 

Agent West: They couldn't even figure out how to make it properly work. 

Dimitri: Yes, that was an unfortunate circumstance. However, ten years has given us the time we've needed to iron out the technical difficulties. Just make sure that if you see them again, you attempt to capture them.

Agent West: That will not be a problem sir. 

Dimitri: I know it won't. You are dismissed Ashl- Agent West.

As Agent West left the room, Dimitri activated his Geist Watch. 

Dimitri: The order has been given sir.

In his office overlooking the city, Victor Faust spoke to Dimitri from the other side of the call. 

Victor Faust: So I've seen. Ashley has never given up hope has she? 

Dimitri: She's quite stubborn sir. 

Victor Faust: She reminds me of my mother. 

Dimitri: The former Chair Women? Really sir? 

Victor Faust: She was stubborn about this company as well, and that leads us to near ruin. What I'm trying to say is, keep an eye on her. Until Cemetery Wind is fully underway, she's one of our best hopes of retrieving what belongs to us. 

Dimitri: Keeping an eye on her won't be a problem sir. 

Victor Faust: I know it won't. Keep up the good work.

Dimitri turned off his watch and looked at the monitor as he saw Agent West leave the building. 

Dimitri: Ashley.

Meanwhile at Cafe Noir, Johnathan Angel tripped as he brought in a heavy box that was just delivered. 

Johnathan Angel: Whoa! 

Lizbeth: Watch out! What's wrong with you? That's my new bean sorter. 

Johnathan Angel: Sorry! It was heavier than I thought! Wait…bean sorter? 

Lizbeth: Indeed. It sorts out the "undesirable" beans, making sure that the customers get the very best cup of coffee. 

Johnathan Angel: Seems a little overkill doesn't it? Is this what you spend my rent money on?

Lizbeth: THAT is my decision Mr. Spirit Detective! Don't you worry about it. 

Johnathan Angel: Just seems like a waste of beans to me. 

Lizbeth: Oh don't worry, the other beans are still used. I put them in what I call…*unsettling grin* the coffee cauldron, which I make a special cursed blend of the blackest roast. 

Johnathan Angel: …*gulp* Cool? 

Lizbeth: Hehehe. 

Johnathan Angel: You seem to have it all figured out, so I'm just going to go upstairs and-

Lizbeth: You have a client up there by the way! 

Johnathan Angel: What?! I do? Why didn't you say so?!

Lizbeth: I'm focused on other things! *typing* The intrepid Detective, looking handsome yet disheveled, delivered the bean machine to his wonderful and adorably gothic landlady, before taking on yet another case.

Johnathan ran upstairs to meet an unassuming young man in glasses. 

Johnathan Angel: Oh uh…hello there! I'm Johnathan Angel, I'm the-

?: Spirit Detective yes. I've heard about you online. 

Johnathan Angel: Online? 

?: Yes, they said you were a fraud. It was a message board for those trying to disprove your abilities. 

Johnathan Angel: Oh…that exists? I'm going to need to see that at some point. Is that why you're here?

?: No, I'm here because I believe in what you can do. My name is Lewis, and my twin brother Clark has gone missing. 

Johnathan Angel: Lewis and Clark? 

Lewis: Yeah?

Johnathan Angel: Just checking! He's gone missing? That sounds like a job for the police. 

Lewis: I tried, but they refused to take the case when I told them what happened. 

Johnathan Angel: Did you see something?

Lewis painted the picture with his words. The two identical brothers were in the attic of their house, when they uncovered an old mirror. A figure appeared in it, scaring both brothers, but only one of them made it out of the attic. The other had been missing ever since. 

Lewis: It was awful, like some sort of chameleon, it was able to change its colors. It jumped out of the mirror and mimicked anything it was touching. It was so bizarre. I got out, but the door slammed behind me. 

Johnathan Angel: A chameleon…wraith. 

Lewis: What was that? 

Johnathan Angel: Nothing. You wouldn't happen to have the mirror here would you? 

Lewis: I've been too scared to go back up after what happened! Everyone thinks I'm crazy! I miss my brother! I wish I could save him, but I don't know how! I don't know what to do! I looked you up, and this is my best and only shot at saving him! Please do something! 

Johnathan Angel: Whoa! Calm down! Calm down! I will help you! I just…I need the address alright? You need to stay away from the house. I'll find the wra- ghost….and get back your brother. I promise.

Johnathan calmed the young man down and sent him on his way. He then went to the roof where Blake was still staring out into the city. 

Johnathan Angel: Did you hear all of that? 

Blake: Yeah, I sure did. It's terrible. 

Johnathan Angel: Yeah, to watch a monster steal your family like that?

Blake: No, I mean to make a promise you don't know if you can keep. 

Blake: Family is important. You gave him hope he'll see his again. If we fail, it'll shatter him. 

Johnathan Angel: Kind of taking this one to heart…well if you had one. Oh, I didn't mean it like that. More of like a physical joke? Not having a physical-

Blake: Oh I got it, it's just not that funny.

Johnathan Angel: Well it's a good thing I'm not a comedian. I do know this one is bothering you personally though. You can't hide it. I can see right through you. 

Blake: Alright now that one was funny. I just get these feelings, like I'm missing something very important. 

Johnathan Angel: Well if we beat this Wraith, you can take its spirit energy and maybe remember more. 

Blake: Yeah, let's get to it then. Can I drive? 

Johnathan Angel: As much as I'd rather let you, I don't know if we should be roaming around as Soul that much. Plus, the Death Realm is freaky.

Blake: *sigh* Tell me about it.

The duo made their way to the old family house of Lewis and Clark. An older building that had survived for generations, filled to the brim with antiques. 

Blake: It's like a museum here.

Johnathan Angel: Their folks must be collectors or something. I wonder where they're at? 

Blake: Vacation mostly likely? I see a note that talks about the money they left for them. Probably what you're being paid with. 

Johnathan Angel: That's another one I'm gonna have to do pro bono then. 

Blake: You're a good guy Angel.

Johnathan Angel: It doesn't pay the rent, but thanks. Any of these antiques look familiar Blake? 

Blake: I haven't been dead THAT long. 

Johnathan Angel: How long have you been dead? 

Blake: I wish I knew. I spent a lot of time wandering, until I met you. I did have a memory though, maybe my last one before I died. I remembered a green flash of light, and then I was in the Death Realm. What was I doing? I d-

Johnathan Angel: Don't know. Right. At least it's a tidbit. We need more clues for this case though. I believe he said the mirror is in the attic and that is where the abduction took place.

Blake: I find it strange that the Wraith left Lewis alone. I doubt he's bound to the mirror. They can go where they please when they're free. 

Johnathan Angel: What are the Wraiths anyways? 

Blake: I THINK they're the manifestations of damned souls and negative energy. 

Johnathan Angel: You think?

Blake: It's all still really hazy.

Johnathan made his way up to the attic, while Blake followed a trail of spectral energy. 

Blake: This trail…this wraith has been here since the day of the explosion. What took it so long to make its move? Why would the trail be down here if it's hiding up in the attic?

Johnathan opened the door and peeked inside. He saw cobweb covered antiques, and items covered in sheets. He slowly made his way to the end of the attic, where he saw the old mirror, and the spectral energy coming off of it. 

Johnathan Angel: It's definitely been here, and hiding in the mirror.

As Johnathan touched the mirror, he saw a brief flash of Lewis, only without his glasses. 

Johnathan Angel: Clark is trapped in the mirror!

Clark suddenly appeared in the mirror, squinting and reaching around in the darkness. 

Clark: Help me! Please help me! He trapped me in here! I can't see! 

Johnathan Angel: I'm here! Can you hear me? 

Clark: I can hear you! He trapped me in here! I can't see, but I think he's behind you! 

Johnathan Angel: Can't see? Oh that's just-

A figure wielding a candlestick hit Johnathan over the head, knocking him to the ground. The sound could be heard by Blake downstairs. 

Blake: Oooh, he went up there alone. 

Blake shot up through the ceiling to see what appeared to be Lewis standing over a bloody Johnathan. 

Blake: Oh no.

Johnathan Angel: *cough cough* A little help. 

Lewis: He can't help you now. 

Johnathan Angel: Wait, you can see him?

Lewis: Of course. He's like me…dead…dead dead dead dead DEAD! 

Johnathan Angel: You're not Lewis. You're Clark. You took his glasses, took his identity. Why? 

Clark: Because he was always the favorite! We're the same and yet the bookworm was always given the preferential treatment! My family was going to give him everything and leave me with nothing! The Wraith promised me everything I wanted, and more. He didn't want to take me by force. He wanted a partner as deranged as he was, and he found him. Hahaha! 

Johnathan Angel: But you're the one that hired me! Why would you bring me here? 

Clark: Isn't it obvious? We want you dead. We know about the one who crosses between life and death, trying to destroy us. We wish to consume you. With you gone, no one will stop us this time! 

Blake: This time?

Clark approached Johnathan Angel, ready to strike again. Johnathan quickly elbowed the mirror behind him, freeing the real Lewis, as he shot out of the mirror and struggled with Clark while Blake and Johnathan put on their belts. 

Blake: You ready Johnny boy? 

Johnathan Angel: Let's do this!

Johnathan disappeared before Clark could hit him, and Kamen Rider Soul appeared behind Clark. Lewis stumbled out of the way as Soul kicked Clark as he began to mutate, revealing his true self. A grotesque chameleon man that began to hide itself among the attic items with its camouflage. 

Without warning, the Clark Chameleon lunged forward, its spectral claws slicing through the air. Kamen Rider Soul reacted with lightning-fast reflexes, narrowly dodging the attack. The attic became a battleground, with the sounds of their clash echoing off the walls. The chameleon wraith utilized its camouflage abilities to disappear into the shadows, launching surprise attacks from unexpected angles. Kamen Rider Soul, undeterred, relied on his enhanced senses to anticipate the creature's movements, striking back with precision. As the battle escalated, the attic proved too confining for their supernatural showdown. With a burst of energy, Kamen Rider Soul smashed through a boarded-up window, sending shards of glass cascading into the street below. The battle spilled out onto the streets, the cityscape serving as a dramatic backdrop for their clash. The Clark Chameleon, now fully utilizing its agility and stealth, darted between alleyways and rooftops, attempting to outmaneuver the masked hero. Kamen Rider Soul pursued relentlessly, his determination unwavering. With each strike of his blade, he chipped away at the chameleon wraith's defenses, determined to vanquish the spectral threat once and for all. The streets reverberated with the sounds of their battle, the clash of metal against spectral claws echoing through the night. Kamen Rider Soul unleashed his most powerful Rider technique, a blinding burst of energy from his flying knee that illuminated the night sky. The Clark Chameleon, unable to withstand the onslaught, dissipated into the ether, defeated.

Kamen Rider Soul: Part one is done.

Johnathan Angel: Yeah, but where is Clark? His body isn't there? 

Kamen Rider Soul: You'll find it with you. 

Johnathan Angel: What?!

Johnathan turned around inside of the realm of death and saw Clark being consumed by the Chameleon Wraith in its true form. 

Johnathan Angel: NO! 

Kamen Rider Soul: An unfortunate side effect of making a deal with the Wraiths. They will consume your life force. 

Johnathan Angel: How terrible. 

Kamen Rider Soul: We can't save him, but we can stop him from being tortured further as fuel for that Wraith. We have to destroy it!

Johnathan Angel: …Alright, I'll do it.

Soul flipped the lens on the Soul Driver and pushed the button. In the Death Realm a nearby Johnathan Angel did the same thing. 

The battle between Kamen Rider Soul and the Clark Chameleon raged on, the surroundings shifted, and they found themselves in the Death Realm, a twisted version of Hanta City where the true form of the Chameleon Wraith awaited. The twisted cityscape of the Death Realm loomed ominously around them, with grotesque buildings and shadowy alleys stretching into infinity. The true form of the Clark Chameleon emerged from the darkness, its monstrous visage sending shivers down Kamen Rider Soul's spine. Undeterred by the nightmarish surroundings, Kamen Rider Soul squared off against the Chameleon Wraith, his resolve stronger than ever. The wraith's form contorted and shifted, its spectral claws extending menacingly as it prepared to strike. With a swift motion, the Chameleon Wraith lunged at Kamen Rider Soul, its movements erratic and unpredictable. The hero dodged and weaved through the onslaught, his focus unwavering as he searched for an opening. Summoning all his strength and determination, Kamen Rider Soul tapped into the depths of his Rider powers. A surge of energy enveloped him as he unleashed his ultimate technique, the Rider Soul Kick, channeling the essence of his heroic spirit into a devastating blow. With a thunderous impact, Kamen Rider Soul's foot connected with the Chameleon Wraith's spectral form. The wraith let out a piercing shriek as its twisted form began to dissipate, unable to withstand the pure force of the Rider Soul Kick.

Geist Jeeps pulled up, as Blake looked on from the roof. He caught sight of Agent West, as he absorbed the spirit energy from the Chameleon Wraith through his belt's aperture. He suddenly staggered back. 

Blake: …I think…I know her.

Johnathan and Blake escaped the situation, watched from a distance as a crying Lewis explained the situation. 

Blake: Clark's trap failed, and we were able to save Lewis from the mirror. I know it's not the victory you wanted.

Johnathan Angel: …It's…it's a victory nonetheless. I want to know more about what caused this, so we can stop it. I don't want anyone else to lose family. Blake, I understood how you felt earlier. I lost my family too remember?

Johnathan thought back to the car crash, and the hand that reached out to him ..

Johnathan Angel: If it's my job to protect people from these Wraiths, then that's what I'm going to do. 

Blake: It's not your job.

Blake: It's OUR job. 

Johnathan Angel: Right…thank you. I could feel the suit powering up from the Chameleon. Did it spark any more memories?

Blake: I-I think it did? I don't know. I'm trying to process it. I think I just need some time to think. I'll see you back at Cafe Noir. 

Johnathan Angel: Alright Blake. Hey, thank you. 

Blake: For? 

Johnathan Angel: Making it possible…to do something heroic. 

Blake: Yeah man, thank you too.

Blake drifted away as Johnathan walked towards the motorcycle. The dark clouds in the sky brought rain and thunder with them. As he sat on his bike, a man in a robe and hat obscuring his face approached out of the darkness of the alley. 

Man in robes: You're playing a dangerous game. 

Johnathan Angel: Huh? Excuse me? 

Man in robes: You join forces with the dead. What makes you think you can? How can you trust that which exists in a realm of twisted negativity and evil? 

Johnathan Angel: How do you know-

Man in robes: He is not your friend. He is using you to feed on life force. All wraiths hunger for life, and you're handing it to him on a silver platter! 

Johnathan Angel: Wait. Blake…is a Wraith?

To Be Continued…

3/30/2024 1:23 am  #5

In the eerie depths of the Death Realm, Kamen Rider Soul found himself facing a new spectral adversary: the dreaded Snake Wraith. The air was thick with an ominous presence as the sinister serpent coiled and hissed, its eyes gleaming with malice. Kamen Rider Soul, undeterred by the menacing aura of the Snake Wraith, stood ready for battle. With a determined gaze, he tapped the Aperture of his Soul Driver belt, channeling the mystical energies within. As the Snake Wraith lunged forward with lightning speed, Kamen Rider Soul reacted with a swift sidestep, narrowly avoiding its venomous strike. The hero's energy-infused blade gleamed in the dim light of the Death Realm as he prepared to unleash his Rider powers. With a decisive motion, Kamen Rider Soul unleashed the full force of his Soul Slash technique, his blade slicing through the air with precision. The Snake Wraith, caught off guard by the ferocity of the attack, attempted to coil around its opponent. But it was too late. The Soul Slash connected with devastating force, cleaving through the spectral serpent's form with a blinding flash of light. The Snake Wraith let out a haunting wail as its head was decapitated, its twisted essence dissipating into the darkness of the Death Realm. With the threat vanquished, Kamen Rider Soul stood victorious amidst the surreal landscape, his blade shimmering with residual energy. The same energy that passed through the aperture of both Johnathan's and Blake's Soul Drivers. Johnathan removed his belt and returned to the living realm. 

Blake: That's how it's done! A one two punch of the living and the de-not so living. 

Johnathan Angel: I feel stronger, like I can move around better in the Death Realm. 

Blake: And I feel more…corporeal? 

Johnathan Angel: Did that help your memories come back? 

Blake: N-No unfortunately not. 

Johnathan Angel: *sigh* We need your memories to come back. The only clue to who you are and how we're doing this resides in your memories right now. These Soul Drivers…didn't just manifest by themselves. How did you get one, and who sent me this one? 

Blake: Wish I could help. I'm still just glad someone can see me! These Wraith don't make for the best company. Haha!

The man in the robes watched nearby. He walked away as Johnathan turned in that direction, feeling like he was being watched. As Blake spoke, Johnathan thought back to what he was told by the man in the robes. 

Man in robes: He is not your friend. He is using you to feed on life force. All wraiths hunger for life, and you're handing it to him on a silver platter! 

Johnathan Angel: Wait. Blake…is a Wraith?

Johnathan was startled out his thoughts as he felt a strong pat on the back by Blake. 

Blake: Hey, are you alright? 

Johnathan Angel: Did you just slap my back?!

Blake: Huh…I guess I did! 

Johnathan Angel: That had some oomf to it. 

Blake: That's great right? Getting stronger myself! You and me pal, we're going to stop these Wraith from hurting the living! 

Johnathan Angel: Do you ever stop to think about why you do what you do?

Blake: Huh…not really. I just feel like it, I guess! 

Johnathan Angel: …

Nearby, Lizbeth was running towards the scene while she typed on her phone. 

Lizbeth: *typing* The cute and wonderful coffee shop owner and landlady was sure she had seen her dashing detective heading downtown where several flashes of green light were seen. The intrepid beauty feared that her tenant would become another victim of recent attacks that were covered up on Geistbook. Soon she would-

Lizbeth was looking down as she typed and stepped out onto the street. She nearly walked into the path of an oncoming truck, but a hand blocked her path. 

Lizbeth: Whoa! Holy moly! I was just about to-

Man in robes: You should be more vigilant. 

Lizbeth: Yeah, I guess so! I was just caught up in all the action tonight! Did you see tha-

Man in robes: It's dangerous to go over there. I would not recommend it. 

Lizbeth: Y-Yeah, maybe I shouldn't. I'm shaking all over! That felt like a near death experience! 

Man in robes: Hmm…maybe it was. Time will tell. 

Lizbeth: Hmm?

Man in robes: Do you know Detective Johnathan Angel. 

Lizbeth: As a matter of fact I do! I'm his-

Man in robes: Give this to him for me, would you?

The man in robes handed Lizbeth a box before walking away. 

Lizbeth: Wha? Who was that guy?

Episode 5: I will BLAZE!

Back at Cafe Noir, Lizbeth stared at the box on the table. She contemplated opening it, pacing back and forth and pressing her nose hard against the table as she stared at it. She was startled as the door opened up, with Johnathan coming in. 

Lizbeth: AH! 

Johnathan Angel: AH! 

Lizbeth: I'm tired of being scared tonight! 

Johnathan Angel: I'm sorry! Wait, what else scared you?

Lizbeth: You didn't see the lights in the sky? They also said some criminal escaped a prison transport, and Geist was looking for him! 

Johnathan Angel: Oh yeah, I wouldn't worry about that guy. I'm uh…I'm pretty sure they caught him. 

Lizbeth: What about those lights in the sky? 

Johnathan Angel: Didn't see any. 

Lizbeth: But you went that way! 

Johnathan Angel: Yeah, they have this GREAT noodle shop on that side of the city and-

Lizbeth: You idiot! You went to get noodles?! I thought you were investigating! 

Johnathan Angel: I'm a Spirit Detective! I help people who think they're being haunted. I don't go chasing strange lights. Besides, that's a Geist job isn't it? 

Lizbeth: Yeah, IF they're doing their job. 

Lizbeth: I'd say it's all over the net, but it's not and THAT is the problem. Geistbook has scrubbed any conversations about disappearances and accidents that have occurred since the day of that power outage. Weird stuff! 

Johnathan Angel: Sounds like you're reading too much into conspiracy theories. 

Lizbeth: Grrr.

Johnathan Angel: OR NOT! Uh…say….could I uh…get a cup of coffee?

Lizbeth: It would be filled with my dark malice and rage. 

Johnathan Angel: …A little sugar too please?

Lizbeth chased Johnathan upstairs, as he grabbed for his hat among the many things being thrown at him. He sat on his bed and took a deep breath. The moment distracted him, albeit briefly, as Lizbeth raged up the stairs with box in hand. 

Lizbeth: By the way, oh ye of little INTELLIGENCE, some guy wanted me to give this to you! 

Johnathan Angel: A box? Wait…what guy?

Lizbeth: Some guy in a robe. His hands were all bandaged up. Probably saved my life today! 

Johnathan Angel: Robes?

Johnathan quickly grabbed the box and tore into it. Lizbeth stayed to watch. 

Johnathan Angel: *clears* A little privacy please landlady? 

Lizbeth: Huh? You're not going to let me see? 

Johnathan Angel: You WERE just throwing stuff at him. 

Lizbeth: Oh, you're no fun! The STUFFY AND BORING SPIRIT DETECTIVE! 

Johnathan Angel: She's…something else.

Johnathan reached into the box and pulled out something he wasn't expecting. A lens, like the one he placed in front of his aperture, but it was thicker, with a slot in the middle, as if he could place his lens into it. This lens was bright red, with ornate markings on the edges. 

Johnathan Angel: …Another lens. This one looks older than the one in my belt. Wait, a note in here too.

Johnathan pulled out a note written on aged parchment. The words written were quite simple. 

Johnathan Angel: "Keep this to yourself. Use it to stop him."

Blake: What are we stopping?

Johnathan Angel: AH!

Johnathan fell out of his chair, and quickly pocketed the lens and then note as Blake observed the box. 

Blake: Oh, what did we get?

Johnathan Angel: We didn't get anything. I got something, it was from a secret admirer I think. 

Blake: Oh! Really? The Spirit Detective has fans? That's outstanding. Want me to be your wing man from beyond the grave? 

Johnathan Angel: No, I think I'll be alright. Might not…be my type. 

Blake: That's good cause I think your landlady has a thing for you. 

Johnathan Angel: Now THAT'S an insane opinion. Leave the Detective work to me I think.

Blake: Hey! I'm sure that body language means she's into you! 

Johnathan Angel: Where would you get that idea?!

At Geist HQ, Ashley West slammed her locker door shut, as a fellow agent named Green walked up to her. 

Agent Green: You alright Mam?

Agent West: I've been better. Cobra Jackson got loose and reports indicate a spectral incursion involving the man that stole the SD-101 belt! We're too far behind on all of these incidents! 

Agent Green: If I can speak my mind on that, I'd call it a blessing in disguise. 

Agent West: Excuse me? 

Agent Green: We don't currently have the means of locking this situation down. All we can do is wear these vests that keep us from being possessed for sure, but we can't stop any of these Spectral Incursions. I hear that a project called Cemetery Wind is going to-

Dimitri: *clears throat*

Agent Green turned around to see Dimitri behind him, fixing his tie. Green quickly fled the scene. 

Dimitri: Morale appears to be low, Agent West. 

Agent West: I don't blame Green. We're trying to ice skate uphill here. What was Green talking about with Cemetery Wind? 

Dimitri: …I have no earthly idea, Agent West. Just keep sharp, we don't know when another incursion may take place, and wherever it does, it'll bring our other subject out of the shadows. 

Agent West: …..

Back at Cafe Noir, Lizbeth was attempting to create a strange coffee brew in a cauldron, when the sounds of a loud engine outside broke her concentration. 

Lizbeth: Ugh, don't they know that I need a certain atmosphere for my darkest brew?

Outside, the dude was revving up his ride as an unseen force slowly lurched from the shadows towards the braggart behind the wheel. As he adjusted his rear view mirror, he came face to face with a grotesque Wraith. The man tried to escape, but the Wraith possessed not only him, but the car he was driving as well. As Lizbeth came out of the cafe to complain she was startled by what she saw. A horrid abomination of man and car, mangled together, currently on two feet, but soon it fell forward and blasted forward like a sports car from Hell. 

Lizbeth: Oh not again! Ah! 

Lizbeth suddenly felt a force shove her out of the way as the car drove by. She looked up and momentarily saw a figure, but Johnathan running towards her snapped her out of her daze. 

Johnathan Angel: Lizbeth! Are you alright?! 

Lizbeth: I don't believe what I just saw. Something horrible. I must be hallucinating. 

Johnathan Angel: Uh…looked like a crazy driver to me. I should uh…do something. 

Lizbeth: What are you going to do? 

Johnathan Angel: Point them out to the authorities!

Johnathan got on his motorcycle and looked at the trail of spectral energy leading down the road. 

Johnathan Angel: A Wraith…a little close to home. I wonder if Blake…no…no time to think about that. We have to go.

Johnathan had trouble driving the motorcycle in pursuit, but as soon as he felt clear of eyes and Geist security cameras, he hit the aperture on the belt as Blake did the same, as he was floating from rooftop to rooftop above. He was soon pulled into the Aperture of the Soul Driver, as Kamen Rider Soul took the helm and drove full speed ahead after the Speed Demon. With a burst of speed, the Speed Demon roared down the darkened streets, its engine growling like a beast possessed. The amalgamation of man and machine moved with supernatural agility, leaving a trail of destruction in its wake. Undeterred, Kamen Rider Soul accelerated, his motorcycle weaving through the maze of alleys and streets with precision. His determination burned bright as he closed the gap between himself and the Speed Demon, his eyes fixed on his spectral quarry. The Speed Demon, sensing the pursuit, unleashed a barrage of spectral energy blasts from its twisted form, attempting to deter Kamen Rider Soul's advance. But the masked hero was undaunted, deftly dodging the attacks while maintaining his pursuit. With each twist and turn, the chase intensified, the cityscape blurring into a surreal backdrop of lights and shadows. The Speed Demon pushed its stolen vehicle to its limits, its tires screeching against the asphalt as it raced towards the city's outskirts. But Kamen Rider Soul was relentless, his determination unwavering as he closed in on his spectral prey. With a burst of speed, he drew alongside the Speed Demon, his energy-infused blade gleaming in the moonlight. In a daring maneuver, Kamen Rider Soul leaped from his motorcycle onto the back of the Speed Demon's vehicle, grappling with the twisted creature in a desperate struggle. The streets echoed with the sounds of their clash, metal against metal, as the two adversaries fought for supremacy. The creature contorted and formed a monstrous human form from the top of the vehicle and slashed at Soul, causing sparks to blast into the night air as he nearly fell from off the creature. 

As they battled Johnathan Angel felt himself pulled to the fight in the Death Realm. Distance didn't feel the same, and he was easily able to shift through the warped reality around him to approach the scene of the fight. He suddenly felt like he had a pair of eyes on him from the realm of the living. He turned to see the man in robes seemingly looking right at him.

Man in robes: You were given a tool to defeat the Wraith. That includes the one that claims to be your partner. Use it for yourself, defeat that monstrosity, and then finish him off. He's a Wraith. All that dwell in that realm are Wraiths. Finish him off, and I shall reveal the answers you seek. 

As Johnathan tried to grasp the situation, he turned to find himself suddenly outside of the city, where Kamen Rider Soul was fighting the Speed Demon on the side of the road, and the Speed Demon appeared to be winning. 

Johnathan Angel: Blake, are you alright? What's going on? 

Blake: I used a lot of energy earlier, and I haven't caught my breath. 

Johnathan Angel: You breathe? 

Blake: Figure of speech! 

Johnathan Angel: You can do this! You need to beat it there so I can beat it here and-

Blake: I know Johnny boy, but my knee was deflected and the sword isn't generating enough spirit energy! I need some sort of extra kick to get it done!

Johnathan pulled out the lens that was given to him. He knew what it was for. It would be enough to take out Blake, especially now that Blake was weakened, and with that opportunity, Johnathan would be able to get the answers he was seeking. However, a thought occurred to Johnathan. Why was Blake so weak? Then he remembered. Blake was the one that pushed Lizbeth out of the way of the Speed Demon. 

Johnathan Angel: A Wraith wouldn't do that. I know what I have to do, but how do I-

Blake: Got any ideas Johnny boy?! 

Johnathan Angel: Yes, but you're going to have to trust me on this. 

Blake: Sounds terrible already. 

Johnathan Angel: Yeah, it's a stupid idea, but I have to get something to you. 

Blake: Huh?

Johnathan Angel: Tag out! Switch me back in! 

Blake: If I turn off the suit, you're going to be stuck here powerless against THAT! 

Johnathan Angel: Just for a moment! 

Blake: That might be all it takes! 

Johnathan Angel: Trust me! 

Blake: FINE!

Blake deactivated the powers of Kamen Rider Soul and disappeared back to the Death Realm. He watched as Johnathan reappeared in the realm of the living and scurried to get out of the Speed Demon's way. As he ran, Blake saw an object in his hands. He quickly dropped it on the ground.

Johnathan Angel: SWITCH BACK! SWITCH BACK! 

Blake: RIGHT!

The Speed Demon closed in on Johnathan, but he rolled out of the way just in time for Blake to take him place in the realm of the living as Kamen Rider Soul once again. He quickly picked up the lens that Johnathan placed on the ground. 

Blake: Where did you get this? 

Johnathan Angel: Just use it!

Blake slid the new lens into the Soul Driver. The hollowed out spot enclosed the original lens, as Blake pushed the button on the side of the belt to accelerate the aperture. 

Belt: THROUGH THE LENS OF FIRE, I BLAZE.

Kamen Rider Soul erupted into flames, the flames melting and changing the suit, before a new figure stood in front of the Speed Demon. 

Belt: KAMEN RIDER BLAZING SOUL!

To Be Continued... 

3/30/2024 9:29 pm  #6

Episode 6: I SEE YOU!

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul stood across from the Speed Demon, feeling a surge of new power flowing. 

Blake: What is this? Where did it come from? It's incredible! 

Johnathan Angel: I'll explain later Blake, send this thing back to the Death Realm so we can finish it off! 

Blake: Right!

Kamen Rider Soul, now adorned in his upgraded Blazing Soul form, faced off against the Speed Demon in a battle of blazing fury. The streets crackled with anticipation as the two adversaries squared off, the air thick with the scent of burning rubber and smoldering asphalt. With a burst of fiery energy, Kamen Rider Soul charged forward, his every movement leaving a trail of flames in his wake. The Speed Demon, its twisted form pulsating with dark energy, revved its engine with a deafening roar, ready to meet the challenge head-on. The clash of metal against asphalt echoed through the night. Kamen Rider Soul unleashed a barrage of blazing punches and kicks, each strike leaving a scorching imprint on the Speed Demon's spectral form. Fire erupted from his fists and feet, engulfing the twisted creature. The Speed Demon retaliated with a flurry of spectral energy blasts, attempting to halt Kamen Rider Soul's relentless assault. But the masked hero's upgraded Blazing Soul form proved too powerful, his enhanced speed and agility allowing him to evade the attacks with ease. With a primal roar, Kamen Rider Soul summoned the full extent of his fiery powers, channeling the flames of justice into a devastating Blazing Soul Knee. Fire erupted from his knee as he delivered a powerful blow to the Speed Demon, sending shockwaves rippling through the night. The Speed Demon let out a haunting wail as its spectral form began to dissipate, unable to withstand the sheer force of Kamen Rider Soul's attack.

As the battle reached its conclusion in the realm of the living, three Geist Jeeps pulled up, with Agent West leading the guards with weapons drawn on Soul. 

Agent West: STOP RIGHT THERE! 

Kamen Rider Soul: …

Agent West: You- you changed? 

Kamen Rider Soul: …

Agent West: You're going to come with us right now! Put your hands up!

Soul put his hands up, but as two guards approached, he flipped the lens on his belt, disappearing in a tornado of flames. 

Agent West: What?! Where did he go? Grrr! I-

Agent West stopped to think for a second, as she thought back to a moment ago. The tornado of flames enveloped the suit, but for a brief moment, she saw a form standing in front of her. 

Agent West: No way that's who I- no way.

From the Death Realm, Blake walked up to Agent West. Through the distorted view of the Hanta City outskirts he could see her, a nebulous swirling distortion separating them. 

Blake: …I know you. How do I know you?

Blake reached out, and tried to grab her shoulder. On the other side Agent West tried to drive out the thoughts in her mind, but she was suddenly startled by a feeling on her shoulder. She backed off and drew her weapon. 

Agent West: Wha- what was that?! Wait.

Agent West squinted as she looked ahead. A hand quickly pulled away and disappeared. 

Agent West: I-I see you. I SEE YOU! 

Blake: Uh-oh. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Uh-oh is right! 

Blake: Huh?

Blake turned around to see Soul struggling against the more primal form of the Speed Demon. 

Kamen Rider Soul: I gave you the lens! 

Blake: Oh crud! Here!

Blake tapped the aperture of his belt, which sent the lens from his belt to Johnathan's. 

Kamen Rider Soul: What?! You mean I could have done that before and not almost gotten run over by this thing?! 

Blake: I didn't know what you were doing or I would have told you! "Trust me!" is ALL you said! The Soul Drivers are connected through the realms of the living and dead! 

Kamen Rider Soul: GAH! 

The flames in the Death Realm appeared, though green this time, enveloping Johnathan, they changed his suit in much the same way they did Blake, but bursting in green flames instead of red. 

Belt: KAMEN RIDER BLAZING SOUL!

Johnathan Angel: Now we're talking!

Without the constraints of a physical body, the Speed Demon's spectral form flickered and shifted, its malevolent presence pulsating with dark energy. Undeterred by the otherworldly surroundings, Kamen Rider Blazing Soul braced himself for the impending battle, his fiery aura casting an intense glow in the darkness. With a burst of flame, he charged forward, ready to confront the Speed Demon on its own spectral turf. Its attacks came from all directions, ethereal tendrils of darkness lashing out with relentless ferocity. Kamen Rider Blazing Soul deftly evaded the Speed Demon's spectral assaults, his fiery fists and feet leaving trails of flame in the air as he countered with blistering strikes of his own. Each punch and kick carried the full force of his blazing power, scorching the very fabric of the Death Realm with their intensity. With a final burst of fiery energy, Kamen Rider Blazing Soul unleashed the Blazing Rider Kick. Flames erupted from his body in a dazzling display of power, engulfing the Speed Demon in a torrent of cleansing fire. As the flames subsided and the darkness of the Death Realm receded, Kamen Rider Blazing Soul stood victorious amidst the smoldering ruins of the spectral battlefield. 

Later, back at Cafe Noir, Johnathan Angel was kicking back and having a cup of coffee. 

Johnathan Angel: I guess Lizbeth went home for the night, but this coffee she made is not that bad. 

Blake: Man, I don't remember the last time I had coffee…or anything for that matter. 

Johnathan Angel: The energy from the Speed Demon didn't shake any cobwebs loose?

Blake: Vague things, but nothing concrete. 

Johnathan Angel: We're cutting it close with those Geist figures showing up everywhere. 

Blake: Luckily, they can't see me, for the most part. 

Blake: Huh? Oh nothing! 

Johnathan Angel: You're hiding something. I'm a Detective, I've got a nose for this. 

Blake: A Spirit Detective. 

Johnathan Angel: And you're a spirit that's keeping secrets! 

Blake: Look, just calm down, I'm sure it was just a fluke! 

Johnathan Angel: What was just a fluke? 

Blake: Nothing! Here, let me grab this pot and get you some more coffee. 

Johnathan Angel: Is that getting easie- don't change the subje-

Lizbeth suddenly exited the restroom. 

Lizbeth: Johnathan, are you arguing with someone in her-

Lizbeth stopped dead in her tracks as he saw the coffee pot hanging in mid-air. 

Lizbeth: Whoa! I! What?! I! Whoa! Uh! 

Johnathan Angel: Liz! Calm down! I can expla-

Lizbeth: A g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-

Johnathan Angel: Oh no.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. 

Johnathan Angel: Oh no!

Johnathan walked by the startled Lizbeth while Blake, not knowing what to do, just held the pot in the midair. Johnathan quickly opened the door to tell the people outside that the shop was closed, only to see-

Agent West: Mr. Angel? Mr. Johnathan Angel? Agent Ashley West from Geist. We found your motorcycle at the scene of an incident. 

Johnathan Angel: OH NO!

Meanwhile in a dimly lit room filled with men in robes, the one that had handed Lizbeth the lens stood in the center, surrounded by candles, and standing atop an ancient sigil. An older man in a more regal robe stood atop a balcony looking down on him. 

Man in regal robes: How was your attempt Asher? 

Asher: It did not go as planned. The weapon was used to defeat a Geist, but only after he shared it with the interloper. He did not use it to rid us of the problem. 

Man in regal robes: You were warned that might happen. Killing the Detective would have solved the problem, a problem that has long since lingered, and should have been dealt with as soon as his identity was discovered. 

Asher: I wanted to give him a chance to do the right thing. To rid himself and us of a problem. 

Man in regal robes: His life is meaningless in the grand scheme. The weapon he wears, and the weapon of the interloper, are our only concerns. We must have them to usher in this new age Asher. 

Asher: I wanted to give him a chance. He doesn't understand the conflict he has found himself in. However, it seems that a simple gesture of good faith is not enough. I will act accordingly, and deal with the problem.

Asher unveiled a belt under his robes and put a lens into the aperture. 

Belt: CHEATING LIFE, STEALING DEATH.

Asher: Henshin.

Belt: KAMEN RIDER ASH!

To Be Continued…

4/03/2024 6:38 am  #7

Episode 7: Ashes to Ashes

200 Years Ago…

A quiet valley outside of what would become Hanta City, was soon filled with the sounds of metal clashing and fire tearing through the woods, as swordsmen battled demonic entities on the way to a temple. Kamen Rider Ash and his formidable ally, Kamen Rider Magnus lead the charge, fighting through Wraith possessed guards as they rushed to the temple. The temple's stone walls reverberated with the haunting wails of the possessed, their twisted forms illuminated by the eerie glow of their malevolent spirits. With a fierce battle cry, Kamen Rider Ash led the charge, his blade gleaming with righteous fury as he clashed with the spectral warriors. Beside him, Kamen Rider Magnus, a towering figure clad in armor adorned with mystical runes, unleashed a torrent of devastating strikes, each blow imbued with the power of his ancient lineage. Together, they carved through the ranks of the Wraith-possessed with unmatched skill and determination. As the battle raged on, Kamen Rider Ash and Kamen Rider Magnus fought side by side, their swords flashing in the dim light as they defended against the relentless onslaught. The air crackled with energy as they pressed forward, their resolve unyielding against the darkness that threatened to consume them. With each enemy vanquished, the duo drew closer to their ultimate objective: the temple's inner sanctum, where the portal to the Death Realm awaited. With a nod of understanding, Kamen Rider Ash and Kamen Rider Magnus pressed onward, their determination unwavering. As they reached the temple's inner chamber, the portal to the Death Realm loomed before them, its swirling vortex of darkness pulsating with otherworldly power. With a shared glance, Kamen Rider Ash and Kamen Rider Magnus prepared to unleash their most powerful technique: the Double Rider Kick. With a synchronized battle cry, they charged forward, their blades glowing with radiant energy as they unleashed a devastating barrage of strikes. As they reached the portal, they leaped into the air, their bodies enveloped in a blazing inferno of righteous fury. With a thunderous impact, their combined Double Rider Kick struck the portal with overwhelming force, shattering its dark energies and enveloping the room in bright light. 

Asher: Ah.

In the depths of the ancient forest, shrouded in mist and mystery, a figure known only as Asher stirred from his meditation. Clad in flowing robes that seemed to shift and sway with the whisper of the wind, Asher exuded an aura of enigmatic power as he rose to his feet, his eyes ablaze with determination. With a silent grace, Asher moved through the tangled underbrush, his steps guided by an unseen force as he sought out the legendary Kamen Rider Soul. As he journeyed out of the forest, Asher's senses heightened, attuned to the subtle energies that pulsed through the ancient trees. He could feel the presence of Kamen Rider Soul drawing closer, a beacon of light amidst the encroaching darkness that threatened to consume the land. With each step, Asher felt the weight of his purpose pressing upon him, the knowledge that his encounter with Kamen Rider Soul would change everything. As the forest whispered its secrets and the shadows danced around him, Asher continued on his journey, his heart filled with anticipation for the fateful meeting that awaited him. For in the heart of the darkness, he knew that the light of Kamen Rider Soul burned bright  in a world on the brink of chaos.
Back inside of Cafe Noir, Johnathan Angel was a bundle of nerves as he sat next to a shaking and more pale than usual Lizbeth. Tension hung heavily in the air as Agent Ashley West sipped her coffee. 

Agent West: This coffee…is amazing, I must say. I haven't had a cup this good…ever! 

Lizbeth: G-g-g-g-g-

Johnathan Angel: Great! She means to say great! Haha! So what brings Geist here again?

Agent West: Your motorcycle was recovered.

Johnathan Angel: Oh right! That! How could I forget?

Agent West: Indeed. Mr. Angel, I-

Johnathan Angel: Johnathan! Uh, you can just call me Johnathan…OR Johnny if you prefer…or John? Hehe.

Agent West: …Mr. Angel, your motorcycle was found at the scene of a very dangerous incident. Were you witness to what went on by chance? 

Johnathan Angel: Nope! Can't say that I was. My bike ran out of gas, and I walked the rest of the way home. I intended to come back and get it once I could get a friend to drive me out there with gas. I was just so exhausted from the walk, I figured it could wait. 

Agent West: Is that right?

Johnathan Angel: Uh, yep! That's what happened. 

Agent West: I see. Well, if you remember seeing anything, I'd like you to have this card with my number on it. Please don't hesitate to call. 

Johnathan Angel: I will keep that in mind! Thank you for that, and thank you so much for bringing back my motorcycle to me! 

Agent West: That's what Geist is all about. We strive for public service.

Johnathan Angel: And THAT is why I love living in Hanta City! Haha! Thank you Agent West, or Ashley was it? 

Agent West: …Agent West. 

Johnathan Angel: Right. 

Agent West: Have a good evening. 

Johnathan Angel: Thanks! You too!

Agent West noticed the nervousness of Johnathan Angel as she got up, and glanced over to see the shop owner Lizbeth staring nervously at her coffee pot. As she left a thought occurred. 

Geist Agent: Mam? What is it? 

Agent West: I just want to confirm something.

Ashley walked over to the motorcycle and checked the fuel gauge. 

Agent West: Not empty in the slightest. 

Geist Agent: You didn't actually believe him did you?

Agent West: Not for a second, but I wanted to verify. The Spirit Detective would know something about Wraith activity.

Geist Agent: Do we need to keep an eye on him?

Agent West: No need. I gave him my card, remember? 

Geist Agent: …Understood Mam.

The two shared a knowing nod before getting into the Geist Jeep. Agent West felt a brush to her shoulder and glanced over, only to see the wind blowing a newspaper by. As they drove off, Blake stood there staring at them. 

Blake: Just who are you? How do I know you? 

Back inside Cafe Noir, Lizbeth began to shriek again.

Lizbeth: That evil, heinous, and deceitful Geist Corporation in MY cafe?! I hate it so much it almost made me forget that the building is haunted! 

Johnathan Angel: Haunted? 

Lizbeth: Did you bring a ghost back with you? Did you solve a case TOO well and brought home a stray? You know I can't say I ever knew if you were legit or just crazy, but I know what I saw! That coffee pot was just dangling in the air! Do we have a ghost?! 

Johnathan Angel: Umm….yes.

Lizbeth: And you knew? 

Johnathan Angel: Yeah, I'm so-

Lizbeth: This is an INCREDIBLE business opportunity! 

Johnathan Angel: Eh?

Lizbeth: We can have a ghost waiter serve people coffee! Can you imagine the looks on their faces! That's going to give us SO MUCH BUSINESS! Hey! Ghost person! Are they here? 

Blake: I'm not here. 

Johnathan Angel: Yeah, he's here. 

Blake: Hey! 

Lizbeth: I'd say you were living here, but you're not living! However, if you're going to STAY here, it's time you pull your weight! You hear me? 

Blake: Oh boy. 

Johnathan Angel: He said absolutely. 

Lizbeth: I'm really surprised by this. 

Johnathan Angel: That I brought my work home with me?

Lizbeth: You don't get to make jokes right now! 

Johnathan Angel: Sorry.

Lizbeth: I honestly thought you might be a lunatic.

Johnathan Angel: Then why let me stay and work from here? 

Lizbeth: Cause you're cu- cause I uh…like the whole ghost motif obviously, and plus you get your rent in…MOST OF THE TIME. 

Johnathan Angel: Business certainly has picked up lately.

Lizbeth: It has. Ever since that outage caused by Geist. Then I almost got hit by a weird looking car which I'm assuming was ALSO a ghost? 

Johnathan Angel: …More or less? More like a malevolent entity existing in a parallel realm. 

Lizbeth: Uh-huh. Now all of this happens, and Geist just so happens to show up. Combine that with reports of some guy running around in a suit fighting creatures, and I just don't know what's going on. Hey wait a minute…YOU! 

Johnathan Angel: Me?!

Lizbeth: Yeah…it must be…that you know this guy?

Johnathan Angel: Well, I'm attempting to? 

Lizbeth: Right. You tell him that any time he wants to come in for a coffee, he can have one….HALF OFF! 

Johnathan Angel: Only half?

Lizbeth: I'm not running a charity here! Which reminds me, don't forget your next rent payment is coming due. I gotta get home. I know some people on Geistbook that are going to want to hear about this! 

Johnathan Angel: So we're just…good with the ghost then?

Lizbeth: Any friend of yours is a friend of mine…as long as he complies with my every demand.

Lizbeth slammed the door and started running home. 

Blake: Wow, she's something else isn't she? 

Johnathan Angel: I just don't know what it is. 

Blake: That was a close call with Geist there

Johnathan Angel: I saw you follow Agent West outside. Any reason?

Blake: I wanted to hear what they had to say. 

Johnathan Angel: And?

Blake: They're onto you. 

Johnathan Angel: Oh great! 

Blake: She checked the gas gauge. 

Johnathan Angel: I should've come up with something better! 

Blake: This just really hammers home how guilty they are of….whatever it is that's going on. 

Johnathan Angel: You think they're responsible for the Wraith?

Blake: They're responsible for them getting out. 

Johnathan Angel: It did coincide with the outage didn't it? You know, come to think of it, I wasn't able to see ghosts for a while until that outage. 

Blake: You ever wonder why you stopped seeing us? I mean I was following you for a while before you saw me. 

Johnathan Angel: I have no idea, but one I just- did you just say you were following me? 

Blake: …No? 

Blake: Alright yeah, I was following you. 

Johnathan Angel: Why?

Blake: Spirit Detective! You're supposed to help spirits…ya know…move on?

Johnathan Angel: You were wanting to move on?

Blake: I felt like I was supposed to. I mean, even now I keep seeing these weird lights.

Johnathan Angel: In the Death Realm? I see a lot of weird stuff, and none of it looks particularly friendly. I'd ask how you survive there, but…I guess you don't have to? 

Blake: I DO get hungry still.

Johnathan Angel: You DO?!

Blake: I mean it can't kill me! I guess I just miss food?

Johnathan Angel: Back to the lights. What do they look like?

Blake: Two flashing circular lights. One to my right and one to my left. It happens every so often. It's strange. Then I remembered something when I saw that belt of yours. I remembered that I had mine for a purpose, and taking in the energy has helped to that end. 

Johnathan Angel: Yeah, that reminds me. We need to talk. That lens we used. 

Blake: Yeah, I was wondering what that was. It felt different. It's like the lens wasn't made for the belt, but the belt was made to accommodate the lens. 

Johnathan Angel: It was given to me by a man in robes. He kept his face obscured, but not only could he see me in the Death Realm, but he wanted me to use that lens to defeat you after we were done with the Wraith. 

Blake: What? Me? Why?

Johnathan Angel: He said you were a Wraith too. 

Blake: Ha! Do I look like a Wraith? They don't have my style and snappy dress sense. Also they're DEMONS! 

Johnathan Angel: You wanted energy, and last time I checked, you're the only "nice" guy in that realm. 

Blake: You think I'm the only one here who isn't a monster? They're all over the place. 

Johnathan Angel: They are?

Blake: Recently, I've seen more and more of them. 

Johnathan Angel: That sounds out of the ordinary. 

Blake: ….Now that you mention it. I have noticed-

Asher: Johnathan Angel! I request your presence outside…immediately! 

Blake: This is a busy day. 

Johnathan Angel: Everyone just stopping by. Don't they know the shop is closed?

Johnathan and Blake went outside, where Asher stood in the middle of the street. 

Johnathan Angel: That's the guy. 

Blake: Something familiar about the symbols he's wearing. 

Asher: You would know about them Wraith! They are symbols given to Wraith Hunters! 

Blake: Oh. Wait, did he just respond to me? 

Johnathan Angel: He's looking right at you too. You can see him?

Asher: I can see him and hear him. I was trained for this. I was born for it. I hunt and destroy Wraiths and those who are corrupted by them. I thought you had a chance to be saved, but I see that we were too late in reaching you. But don't worry Soul, because I will save you…by cutting you down!

Belt: CHEATING LIFE, STEALING DEATH! 

Asher: HENSHIN!

Johnathan and Blake were taken back by the bright light, as they stood facing another Kamen Rider. 

Kamen Rider Ash: Prepare to face justice Wraith, by the hand of Kamen Rider Ash! 

Johnathan Angel: What do we do? 

Blake: Fight back! Quick!

Johnathan Angel: Oh right!

Belt: KAMEN RIDER SOUL!

As the two collided, an unseen man watched on, and spoke through a Geist Watch. 

?: It appears The Magnus Foundation lead us directly to him. Shall we call off Cemetery Wind?

Inside of his office overlooking the city, Victor Faust took the call. 

Victor Faust: Negative. It doesn't matter who wins. We'll have to take what is ours by force either way. Just keep an eye on the situation.

As Victor was speaking, an older woman in a business dress suit stepped into the room. 

Victor Faust: One second, I have company. Mother dearest, what is Maggie Faust doing in my humble tower?

Maggie Faust: Just making sure my son wasn't standing me up for dinner again. 

Victor Faust: I wouldn't dream of it, mother. I just needed to finish some business. 

Maggie Faust: You will never find enough business to finish. More and more things will pile up on your plate. You have to learn to pick and choose sometimes. 

Victor Faust: Sage advice. I will end this call, and meet you downstairs. 

Maggie Faust: Wonderful. Oh and son, please don't forget who built this tower in the first place hmm?

Victor Faust: Heh. Right as always, mother. 

Maggie Faust: That's what I like to hear.

As Maggie Faust left the room, Victor's smile faded, as he spoke into his Geist Watch once again. 

Victor Faust: Keep watch, and if possible, kill the winner.

To Be Continued…

Last edited by Machismo (4/03/2024 7:27 am)

4/08/2024 10:46 pm  #8

Episode 8: Dust to Dust

As the moon cast its ethereal glow over the city streets, the sound of metal on metal reverberated. A figure watched from a tower, with a sniper rifle fixed on two combatants who collided in an impact of sparks and fire.  Their movements were a blur of speed and precision. Kamen Rider Soul unleashed a flurry of kicks and punches, his fiery aura blazing with righteous fury as he sought to subdue his enigmatic opponent. Ash, undaunted by the onslaught, countered with a barrage of mystical energy blasts, each strike carrying the weight of ancient power.

Johnathan Angel: Who is this guy? 

Kamen Rider Soul: I have no idea! You tell me! 

Johnathan Angel: He's the one who gave me the lens! He wanted me to use it on you! 

Kamen Rider Soul: Great! 

Johnathan Angel: Let's use it on him! 

Kamen Rider Soul: Can't do it yet! 

Kamen Rider Soul: The aperture has to build up the spirit energy! 

Johnathan Angel: How do you just happen to know all these things when it's-

Johnathan immediately shut up in shock as Kamen Rider Ash turned to him. 

Johnathan Angel: …He can see me! 

Kamen Rider Ash: I can do more than that lost one!

Kamen Rider Ash flipped the lens on his belt and activated the aperture. This suddenly sent him into the Death Realm, where he nearly landed a kick on Johnathan. 

Johnathan Angel: Help! 

Kamen Rider Soul: Whoa! Tag in partner!

Johnathan Angel: Right!

Kamen Rider Soul just barely transformed in time to block a fiery punch from Kamen Rider Ash, who like his namesake, shed fiery ash behind him with every blow. The air crackled with dark energy as the two masked warriors clashed amidst the swirling mists and jagged shadows. Kamen Rider Soul, his blazing aura illuminating the darkness, launched a relentless barrage of kicks and punches, each strike leaving a trail of fiery destruction in its wake. But Asher, his robes billowing around him like the wings of a specter, countered with a storm of mystical energy blasts, each blast tearing through the fabric of reality itself. The Death Realm trembled with the force of their conflict, the very ground beneath them quaking with the intensity of their power. Spectral entities converged upon the battlefield, drawn by the raw energy of their clash, their haunting wails adding to the cacophony of battle.

Kamen Rider Soul: You've got the wrong idea about this! Can we talk it out! 

Kamen Rider Ash: The time for talk is over! You align yourself with a Wraith and-

Blake: I'm not a Wraith!

Blake tried to attack Ash from behind, but Ash quickly whipped around and grabbed him by the throat, lifting him off the ground. 

Kamen Rider Ash: You're a vile entity living in this hellish realm! I've fought your kind before! You're a trickster, trying to steal enough life force to live again, but you'll never have enough. You'll gorge yourself on innocent lives and never be full! I'm going to-

Kamen Rider Soul kicked Ash away from Blake and pulled out the Geist Energy Sword. 

Kamen Rider Soul: He can hurt you in either realm! You need to get out of here! 

Blake: No way! 

Kamen Rider Soul: It's you he's after! 

Blake: Pretty sure he means to kill us both! 

Kamen Rider Soul: Then what do we do?! 

Blake: Tag out! The aperture is ready! 

Kamen Rider Soul: Huh? Alright!

Blake and Johnathan switched again, with Johnathan hiding in the Death Realm as Ash looked around, but ultimately choosing to follow Blake back into the living realm. He made it just in time to see the transformation. 

Blazing Soul rushed to Ash and threw a punch, but as Ash blocked it, fire erupted from his forearms, and ashes blew into the wind behind him. 

Kamen Rider Ash: The two of you are certainly resourceful, and getting stronger, but I gave you that lens because I already use a fire lens. You're just trying to fight fire with fire Wraith! 

Kamen Rider Soul: I'm not Wraith, and if that's how it's going to be, I guess I just have to burn hotter than you!

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul and Kamen Rider Ash fought with unmatched ferocity, their movements a blur of blazing speed and dazzling light. With each strike, they unleashed waves of fiery energy. The air crackled with the heat of their battle, the flames of their power casting a brilliant glow across the twisted landscape. Johnathan watched on from the Death Realm, watching on as the two fought, but keeping out of Ash's sight. That allowed him to be the first to see the Geist Jeep roll up, with Agent West approaching with a gun and anti-possession vest. 

Johnathan Angel: Oh no. Blake, we've got company! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Huh? Oh no. 

Kamen Rider Ash: Geist! The heinous and evil source of this malady! 

Agent West: Put your hands up! I knew it was a smart move to stay out tonight. I want you both to put your hands up! I have questions for you! 

Kamen Rider Ash: I don't have time for this! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: You leave her alone. 

Kamen Rider Ash: I'm here on a mission that needs to be carried out! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Don't touch her! 

Kamen Rider Ash: I'm going to take care of this problem, for my cause is just and-

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: I SAID LEAVE HER ALONE!

Blazing Soul used Geist's energy sword to cut an X into the fabric of reality in front of him. He tapped his belt to charge the aperture, and rushed the X with his knee sending it flying towards Kamen Rider Ash. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: BLAZING CROSS!

The X made an impact on Ash's back and caused an explosion that knocked him out of his Kamen Rider form. Blake and Johnathan could both see his hands were suddenly covered in ash and his hair had turned gray. He was looking far less youthful than when the fight began. He quickly stood up and covered himself with his cloak and hat once again. 

Asher: Grrr! This isn't over! Hear me Detective! Ask yourself how he was able to do that just now! Had he done it before? Why does he know so much about the powers and the Death Realm!? Ask the questions! Save your soul while you still have a chance, because I will be back!

Ash disappeared in a cloud of smoke and ash as Agent West fired into the cloud. She stepped through it, revealing that Asher had disappeared. 

Agent West: What is with you guys disappearing?! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: …..

Agent West: Your voice…there's no way it's-

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul reached for his belt, but Agent West pleaded. 

Agent West: Please don't leave! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: *gasp* 

Agent West: Please. I just want…information. Please, can you give me that much? Please, just tell me how you got that belt. That's all I want to know! How did you get it? 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: …I woke up with it. I always had it.

Agent West: What?

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul hit the aperture on his belt and disappeared. Nearby, Johnathan returned to the living realm behind a dumpster and quickly ran off. Agent West took a moment, before rushing back down the street towards Cafe Noir. She looked up, and saw a figure in the window upstairs with Johnathan Angel's familiar coat and hat. 

Agent West: What? I could've sworn it was him. What is going on here?

From a distance away, the sniper, who had his sight on Agent West, put the gun down. He activated his Geist Watch, and the light of the watch revealed that it was Dimitri. 

Dimitri: I had a clear shot sir. 

Victor Faust: You in fact did NOT have a clear shot. Agent West was in your way. 

Dimitri: I could have-

Victor Faust: Do not finish that thought Dimitri. 

Dimitri: Yes sir. 

Victor Faust: We have other methods at our disposal, and now, we know where to find the Rider when we're ready. Cemetery Wind Dimitri. Remember, Cemetery Wind. 

Dimitri: Yes sir.

Victor Faust turned off his Geist Watch and returned to dinner with his mother. 

Maggie Faust: I knew you couldn't keep yourself away from work for one dinner. 

Victor Faust: That was the only interruption, I assure you. 

Maggie Faust: We'll see. I trust it was an important call? 

Victor Faust: Very important. Ashley West was on the field. 

Maggie Faust: What? She's supposed to be kept safe. 

Victor Faust: She's stubborn. 

Maggie Faust: That was the appeal apparently. 

Victor Faust: Yes. Something could have happened to her tonight. I need to get her out of the way. 

Maggie Faust: Perhaps I can help. 

Victor Faust: Perhaps. She's resourceful, and a top agent. I hate to keep her on a short leash, but if something happened to her, I don't think he'd forgive me. 

Maggie Faust: …..

Johnathan Angel climbed in through the window, to see Blake wearing his hat and jacket. 

Johnathan Angel: What are you doing?

Blake: I made it look like you were home. 

Blake: Geist! They're onto you remember? 

Johnathan Angel: Right! Good thinking! Yeah, that Ash guy didn't help matters. He yelled out Detective. 

Blake: So you heard that? 

Johnathan Angel: Oh yeah, I heard all he had to say. He's right, how did you know how to do the Blazing Cross? 

Blake: It's going to be another "I don't know" from me Johnny boy, but when she was in danger it just happened like instinct. Can a ghost even have instinct? 

Johnathan Angel: Don't change the subject. He is dead set believing that you are a Wraith. 

Blake: You know I'm not! 

Johnathan Angel: Then what are you?

Blake: I don't know…but I know I'm not alone here. More innocents are stuck in the Death Realm. If we could free one of them, we might be able to show that guy that I'm not a Wraith! If we get him off our backs we can maybe-

Johnathan Angel: Get some answers. In the meantime, we need to sharpen our skills. Go on more cases, and get stronger. If we can't convince him, we have to stop him. He's not the only one with a "just cause" around here. I'm going to find out who you are, I'm going to figure out how Geist is tied into all of this. I'm going to figure out why I can see ghosts again, and I'm going to find out why my parents had to die that night. 

Blake: WE are going to figure it out. 

Johnathan Angel: Right. Thank you Bla-

Lizbeth suddenly opened the door. 

Lizbeth: I had to come back because I had another idea for-

She then saw the floating coat and hat in the air. 

Lizbeth: …

Lizbeth: YOU READ MY MIND! 

Lizbeth: A costume! We get your ghost a costume! We're geniuses! 

Johnathan Angel: Uh…you said it. Haha!

To Be Continued…

Last edited by Machismo (4/08/2024 10:52 pm)

4/10/2024 2:53 pm  #9

Episode 9: A Twist of Life and Death

Two Weeks Later…

In the eerie twilight of the cemetery, where the boundary between the living realm and the Death Realm blurred, Kamen Rider Soul faced off against two menacing adversaries. One, a spectral apparition that haunted the realm of the dead, and the other, a physical monstrosity that prowled the realm of the living. As Kamen Rider Soul, Johnathan Angel's spectral form glowed with an otherworldly aura as he prepared to confront the spectral creature that haunted the Death Realm. With a surge of energy, he charged forward, his energy-infused blade slashing through the air with righteous fury. Each strike sent ripples of energy through the ethereal landscape, disrupting the very fabric of the Death Realm itself. Meanwhile, in the realm of the living, Kamen Rider Soul switched forms, as Blake faced the physical monster that lurked amongst the tombstones. With a fierce battle cry, Blake launched himself into the fray, his martial prowess matched only by his unwavering determination. Each blow landed with bone-crushing force, sending the creature reeling back with each strike. As the battle raged on, Johnathan Angel and Blake fought with all their might, their movements synchronized across the realms. They tagged in and out, with Johnathan having to avoid his foe when out of the suit. With each strike, they pushed themselves to their limits, determined to overcome the monstrous adversaries that threatened both the living and the dead.

Kamen Rider Soul: Johnathan, I'm going to send this one to you hot and ready, so be prepared to take them both out! 

Johnathan Angel: I'm ready!

Blake pulled out the Geist Energy Sword and charged it up for the Soul Slash that pierced the ground as the wave shot through the air and sliced through the Wraith possessed corpse. The incorporeal Wraith that inhabited it flew back through the Death Realm, smashing into its already dead counterpart. Blake hit the aperture and switched places with Johnathan, as Kamen Rider Soul hit a Rider Soul Kick that smashed into both of the Wraith and destroyed them in an explosion that reverberated through the Death Realm. The spirit energy from the Wraiths entered the apertures of both belts, as they continued their mission to get stronger for the next encounter with Asher. 

Johnathan Angel: That was a twofer. Our best one yet I'd say, thought it didn't require my detective skills whatsoever. You actually found them like this? 

Blake: Yeah, I was here and saw the Wraith attempting easy targets, but without proper life energy to feed on, they were no match for us. 

Johnathan Angel: Don't say that, it makes it sound like we had it easy. 

Blake: We certainly got that teamwork down. I like our chances better of dealing with Ash if we see him again. 

Johnathan Angel: I'm convinced we could reach the guy if you were to track down one of those lost souls in there with you. 

Blake: They're not exactly easy to find. They don't want to be found. Would you? If you were stuck here without powers, you'd want to hide too. 

Johnathan Angel: ...You're right about that. I've been exposed to that realm outside of the suit, and I don't like it. 

Blake: Which is exactly why they built the suit.

Johnathan Angel: Wait what? 

Blake: What?

Johnathan Angel: What did you just say? 

Blake: I said...what DID I say?

Johnathan Angel: You said it was why they built the suit. 

Blake: Oh. I guess I did! 

Johnathan Angel: So the Soul System was created to protect the living the Death Realm. 

Blake: So I guess we're using it right? 

Johnathan Angel: The way you said it. It was like you had firsthand knowledge. Combine that with you having the belt in the first place, and I'm starting to think...you might have a been a test subject! 

Blake: Really? A guinea pig? I'd really rather that not be it. 

Johnathan Angel: What?! I may have just found out who you are, and you're not thrilled about that?

Blake: Do you want to be told you're a guinea pig? 

Johnathan Angel: That's not really the point. 

Blake: Kind of bothers me! 

Johnathan Angel: Alright, I might be wrong! Feel better?

Blake: You're rarely wrong I've found out! 

Johnathan Angel: I don't like to say that out loud, but I'm glad someone noticed I'm a genius spirit detective. 

Blake: Right. 

Johnathan Angel: ...Say...why were you even here in the first place? Something special about a cemetery in the Death Realm?

Blake: Hmm? No, it's just a twisted reflection of the living world as well. You saw it yourself. Nothing special about it at all. 

Johnathan Angel: Then why were you here? 

Blake: I don't know. 

Johnathan Angel: There that is again. 

Blake: I just take walks through here. It's what I do when you're sleeping. It sucks not getting to sleep or eat ya know. You were eating this pizza the other day and-

Johnathan Angel: I KNEW you took a slice! 

Blake: I thought if I focused hard enough I could eat it! 

Johnathan Angel: Which explains the mess on the floor. 

Blake: My bad! 

Johnathan Angel: What am I going to do with you?

Blake: Well you can't kill me! Hahahaha!

From a distance, Dimtri watched on, gauging the improvements of the Kamen Rider Soul duo. He activated his Geist Watch and spoke into it.

Dimitri: Yes sir, I just witnessed it myself. Yes, the perpetrator dealt with the Wraith threat in the cemetery. All Geist Forces will be put on stand by and watch concerning any activity regarding cemetery incursions. Yes sir, it's the cemetery you're thinking of. No sir, I do not believe the perpetrator has encountered a living Wraith yet. I imagine it's only a matter of time.

The next day, the midday sun filtered through the blinds, casting slivers of light across the cluttered desk of the Spirit Detective. Papers and files littered the surface, evidence of his tireless pursuit of the supernatural, and inquiries into Geist activities. Johnathan was ever vigilant, about two hours ago, but was now snoring at his desk. Outside, Blake stood on the narrow road outside of the Cafe, as he looked down at a dog, who appeared to be staring right at him. 

Blake: …Can you…can you see me?

Blake made eye contact with the dog and started moving around, as the dog followed his movements. 

Blake: …Huh…dogs can see ghosts? Ya know, this does explain why they suddenly bark in the middle of the night. You're a good boy. I'd pet you if I actually cou-

Suddenly a woman rushed through Blake's incorporeal form as she ran into the Cafe Noir. 

Blake: Whoa! You know I can't feel that, but I still don't like it. Boundaries ya know? Well you wouldn't know, you're a dog, you love everybody.

The woman barged by Lizbeth as she typed away at her computer, unaware of the woman in the room. 

Lizbeth: *typing* The stunningly beautiful landlady and expert coffee shop owner had just the plan for her new ghost waiter. A mascot costume that he could wear and then reveal himself to be a ghost to the guests. They would question how it was being done and tell others to come and check it out. She was truly a genius worthy of praise. Oh my Geistbook faithful are going to love this one. Hahaha! 

The woman reached the office of Johnathan Angel, as he quickly shot awake and fixed his hat while wiping the drool away from his mouth. He immediately knew he had some sort of a case based on the presence of spectral energy emanating off of the woman. 

Johnathan Angel: Yes? Hi, I'm Johnathan Angel. Yes? Huh?

The woman hesitated for a moment before speaking. 

Sarah: My name is Sarah. I'm looking for my sister. She's been missing for weeks, and I don't know where else to turn.

Johnathan leaned back in his chair, his keen eyes studying Sarah intently. He knew why she'd come to him, but he wanted to know how much she knew of the situation. 

Johnthan Angel: Why come to me?

Sarah's eyes flickered with a hint of fear as she spoke. 

Sarah: This isn't a normal case of a missing person. I hadn't seen my sister since the day of that massive outage a couple of months ago. Then, one day I'm out looking for her, and there she is, just walking in front of me, acting like she has never seen me before. I tried talking to her, but she wanted to ignore me, and....and her eyes were glowing. I know it sounds crazy, but I remembered hearing about you, the Spirit Detective. I hoped you could help.

Glowing eyes? That was a new one, along with the intention of avoiding family, as the Wraith would tend to prey on an entire family to consume their life energy. Johnathan stood up out of his chair. 

Johnathan Angel: I'll do everything I can to help find your sister. I just need to know more about her. 

Sarah: Her name is Julie. We look a lot alike, except she has shorter hair and wears glasses. 

Johnathan Angel: Glasses? You're sure you weren't just seeing a glare from the lens? 

Sarah: No, I'm positive. Look, we had a big fight. I was not being supportive of her. She wants to paint. All she ever thinks about is painting. She's really good, but she wasn't making ends meet. I was trying to talk her into a new line of work, but honestly, it probably came off like I was crushing her dreams. Still, I wouldn't expect her to ignore me like this. Something is wrong. People have been talking in town. Please help me? 

Johnathan Angel: Of course. Julie huh? Painting. I'm going to guess you glimpsed her in the art district? 

Sarah: That's right! 

Johnathan Angel: Thank you. I've got everything I need.

The air hung heavy with a dark energy, as the dim light of a single bulb illuminated the desolate interior of the warehouse. Amidst the dilapidated crates and rusted machinery, a lone figure moved with purpose, her short hair framing her face in shadow as she worked. The woman, her features obscured by thick glasses, stood before a massive canvas stretched across the wall. With steady hands, she dipped her brush into a palette of vibrant colors, each stroke adding to the vivid and violent scene taking shape before her. As she worked, her movements were fluid and precise, her eyes alight with a feverish intensity that bordered on obsession. The painting seemed to come alive under her touch, the swirling colors and grotesque imagery dancing across the canvas in a macabre symphony of horror. But as the scene unfolded, a sense of unease settled over the warehouse. The woman's expression remained impassive, her focus unwavering as she poured her soul into the painting before her. There was something deeply unsettling about the darkness that seemed to emanate from her very being. And then, as the dim light cast ominous shadows across the warehouse, the truth was revealed. Behind the woman, suspended from the rafters by chains, hung a victim – a woman, her struggles futile as she gasped for air, her body drained of life. In a chilling revelation, it became clear that the woman with short hair and glasses was not merely painting with colors, but with the very essence of life itself. With each stroke of her brush, she drew forth the blood of her victim, using it to bring her twisted vision to life on the canvas. As the victim's struggles grew weaker, the woman's painting became more vibrant and alive, her twisted masterpiece nearing completion. And in that moment, amidst the darkness of the abandoned warehouse, the true horror of her artistry was laid bare for all to see.

Julie: You are my favorite shade of color so far. It's a shame your life energy must be consumed, but anything goes in the pursuit of art. HAHAHAHA!

Out in the art district of Hanta City, the streets were lined with shops and museums dedicated to the arts. It was a classier part of town, making the spirit detective stand out as he scanned the area with Blake. 

Blake: So you think she'd linger around the area after she'd been found out? 

Johnathan Angel: I don't think she cared. The way Sarah described it, Julie didn't even seen to recognize- what is this by the way?

Johnathan looked down to see a dog following Blake. 

Blake: This is my dog. His name is Hachi. Get it? Because Hachi-

Johnathan Angel: How long have you had a dog?

Blake: ...Since noon-ish?

Johnathan Angel: And he sees you?

Blake: Apparently! 

Johnathan Angel: Huh, I'm not as special as I thought. 

Blake: Does it mean you've caught up with dogs or-

Johnathan Angel: I don't want to...think about it all that much. I'm fairly certain Lizbeth will not be letting us keep it. 

Blake: Which is why you got to ask her REALLY nicely.

Johnathan Angel: We need to focus here. Julie didn't even seen to recognize her when she stopped her.  

Blake: That can't be right. The Wraith take on a lot of their host to blend in better. 

Johnathan Angel: What if we've moved beyond possession? 

Johnathan Angel: We have stopped as many Wraith attacks as possible, but it would be crazy to assume we've stopped them all unfortunately. I think some people were possessed the night the Wraith crossed over, and were trapped in that state for so long, the Wraith took their lives, and left them in the Death Realm. THAT is why you keep seeing people wandering aimlessly on your side. 

Blake: So a complete takeover? That would make sense, but that Ash guy made a good point, even if he was directing it unfairly at me. Wraith can not be sustained by life energy forever. They have to keep feeding on it or they turn into those feral messes you have to deal with on my end. 

Johnathan Angel: Which means-

Blake: She's still on the hunt for life force. 

Johnathan Angel: And I'm seeing spectral energy all over the place, especially on that girl over there looking at me. 

Blake: That what? 

Johnathan Angel: That gi- wait!

Johnathan and Blake both stopped to see a girl peeking at them from around an alley way. 

Johnathan Angel: She's looking at you. 

Johnathan Angel: Same way the dog is. Locked in completely on you. 

Blake: But you see her. 

Johnathan Angel: I see ghosts. 

Blake: Oh right! Just like the do-

Johnathan Angel: Been a while since I've seen a normal one. I think they're in hiding. Even the dead fear the Wraith. That's a scary thought. I don't know if she knows I can see her, but I know she sees you. You have to go and talk to her. 

Blake: Me? What do I say? She's running! 

Johnathan Angel: After her!

Johnathan, Blake, and Hachi ran after the ghost. The terrified spirit ran down the alley and tried to lose the three as quickly as possible, but she soon found herself running into Blake in the Death Realm. 

Julie: Whoa! How did you-

Blake: We can fly here. Physical constraints don't really apply when you're dead.

Julie: But I'm NOT dead! 

Blake: This is a place dead people end up! 

Julie: What?! 

Blake: Oh no! Not THE place dead people end up. I'm not here to drop that bomb on you. It's just A place. It's nice right? I hate it. It's nice. 

Julie: Who are you that you can talk to people? I've been trying for weeks! 

Blake: Well, the guy I'm talking to can see ghosts, so he can see you too. Also, my dog can! His name his Hachi because-

Julie: He could see me?

Blake: Yep! We're sort of a team. We're dealing with the Wraith, those are the nasty customers you might see lurking around. 

Julie: Then maybe you can help me! 

Blake: That's actually what we're here for!

Johnathan followed Hachi directly to Blake and Julie. 

Blake: Hachi! Johnny-boy, pet him for me! 

Johnathan Angel: He actually...led me right to you. 

Blake: He's great right? You're such a good boy Hachi! 

Johnathan Angel: Please don't run. My name is Johnathan Angel. I'm a Spirit Detective. I CAN see you. Your sister asked me to look for you. 

Julie: My sister?! She needs to stay away from me! 

Julie: Someone is walking around like me, but they're not me! For weeks it felt like someone else was controlling my body, until suddenly they were, and I was no longer in it! I can't explain it any clearer than that. It's like they took my life! She's a horrible horrible monster! She abducts people! It's awful. I can't stand to see it, but maybe- maybe you could stop her! 

Blake: That's what we do! 

Julie: This is all my fault. I did this. I asked for this. Sarah and I had a fight. I ran away angry and came downtown to calm myself, looking at art. I want to be a painter. Suddenly, I wasn't feeling like I could make it on my own, and this voice told me they'd create masterpieces for me. I-I agreed to do whatever they wanted, but I had no idea what I was getting myself into. People are dying because of m-

Johnathan Angel: No. You just wanted to work on your art. People are dying because of that evil entity. That is not you, and it's not your doing. 

Blake: You didn't create this thing, but you've given us the chance to drive it out of you. Please, show us where it is? 

Julie: A-alright. I'll show you. Follow me.

Johnathan Angel: You're a natural Blake.

Blake: I don't know about that. Guess it's not too far fetched to think someone liked me at one point though.

Meanwhile, at Geist Tower, the Geist units were gearing up, with Agent West wishing to join them. She ran towards the locker room, but she was soon stopped by-

Agent West: Ms. Faust?! Mam! 

Maggie Faust: Oh please Ashley, you know you can call me Maggie.

Agent West: Doesn't feel right all things considered. 

Maggie Faust: I'm no longer running the day to day operations of Geist, so it's quite alright. You and I were always close when you were a young girl chasing your dreams. 

Agent West: I know, I'm sorry that I backed away, but-

Maggie Faust: It was completely understandable. I'd love for you to assist me in my work if possible. 

Agent West: What? But we just got a call to-

Maggie Faust: I already got it approved with Victor. He'd really rather have you assisting me. Geist has some controversies it is dealing with as you know, and he'd feel safer if you were with me, and so would I. He could order you, but I'd much rather ask you. Please Ashley? 

Agent West: *sigh* Yes…yes of course. I owe that to you. 

Maggie Faust: I'd say we owe each other. Come on, let's steer clear of the situation tonight. 

Agent West: But what's happening. 

Maggie Faust: I'm told it's a drill for a new security ordinance. Some projects have just been completed.

As Maggie led Agent West down a corridor, she thought for a brief moment she spotted Dr. Hegel limping meekly down a hallway.

Agent West: What is he doing back here? 

Johnathan, Blake, Julie, and Hachi made it to the abandoned warehouse, just as the evil Julie was just about to consume her victim. 

Julie: NO! STOP IT! 

Johnathan Angel: That's enough! Step away from that woman! 

Wraith Julie: Ha! Hahaha! You went running to get help? No one can help you! This is my body now! I'm alive, and you are dead! 

Johnathan Angel: You're going to give her body back, and you don't have a choice in the matter! I'm the Spirit Detective that's going to drive you back to oblivion! 

Wraith Julie: Are you? Well…go on then! Attack me! Hahaha! 

Johnathan Angel: Wait, I don't understand. Normally at this point they turn into a monster, and Blake fights them. 

Julie: She's so hideous! She's grotesque. She's already a monster! Go ahead and attack her! 

Johnathan Angel: What? What do you mean? She looks just like you. 

Blake: No dude, she does not. 

Wraith Julie: HAHAHA! 

Johnathan Angel: I don't understa-

Johnathan began to focus, and that's when he saw it. A dark aura surrounding her that hid her true form. 

Johnathan Angel: You see the Wraith, and I see the human. 

Blake: They've completely switched places. 

Johnathan Angel: What do we do? 

Blake: Uh…

Geist Julie: HAHAHA!

Dr. Hegel limped to his lab inside of Geist Tower. He looked over at the wreckage of the giant aperture that had since turned his world upside down. He moved into another room and stared into a chamber before activating his Geist Watch. 

Dr. Hegel: Operation Cemetery Wind is complete. I repeat, Operation Cemetery Wind is complete. Send the candidates, and make way for….for Kamen Rider Geist.

To Be Continued…

Last edited by Machismo (4/10/2024 11:52 pm)

4/11/2024 1:40 am  #10

Episode 10: I Know Who You Are!

Johnathan stood dumbfounded as Geist Julie continued to cackle at him. 

Johnathan Angel: I can't attack her. That's her actual body. If I attack her, it could destroy her! 

Blake: Grrr! That's ridiculous! I see a monster just waiting for you to attack! 

Johnathan Angel: Wait, so they traded places right? They're further along than previous Wraith. I got it! We need to switch places right now! 

Johnathan Angel: If I defeat her first in the Death Realm-

Blake: I can finish her off in the living realm! Let's do it!

Kamen Rider Soul found himself facing a formidable adversary – a giant hulking monster covered in paint, its grotesque form blending seamlessly into the multicolored walls of the warehouse. With each strike, the monster's camouflage allowed it to move with terrifying speed and agility, appearing seemingly out of nowhere to deliver devastating blows to Kamen Rider Soul's armor. The air crackled with the sound of their clash, the very fabric of the Death Realm trembling with the intensity of their battle. Undeterred by the monster's cunning tactics, Kamen Rider Soul pressed forward, his determination unwavering in the face of overwhelming odds. With each blow, he countered with fierce strikes of his own, his energy-infused blade gleaming in the dim light of the Death Realm. But as the battle raged on, it became clear that the monster's camouflage gave it a distinct advantage, allowing it to strike from unexpected angles with lethal precision. Kamen Rider Soul found himself on the defensive, his armor battered from the relentless onslaught. With each passing moment, the monster's attacks grew more ferocious, its paint-covered claws tearing through Kamen Rider Soul's defenses with brutal efficiency. The masked hero fought valiantly, his resolve unyielding in the face of adversity, but it seemed as though the monster's onslaught would never cease.

Blake: You're getting battered dude! 

Kamen Rider Soul: Tell me about it! 

Hachi: Bark! Bark! 

Blake: Whoa! You see all of this? 

Kamen Rider Soul: He can see the monster?! That gives me an idea!

With his strength dwindling, Soul relied on his agility, as he rolled out of the way of a claw attack and attacked all the light bulbs illuminating the twisted room. 

Kamen Rider Soul: We're equals now Wraith! I couldn't see you in the paint, but how well can you see me in the darkness! You rely on light to illuminate your work, so I know you're just as blind as I am. 

Wraith: I WILL FIND YOU!

Soul could hear the monster swinging in the darkness, and suddenly, a bark from Hachi alerted him that the Wraith was right behind him. He quickly turned around and slashed away at the Wraith with the Geist Energy Sword. It stunned the creature long enough for Soul to tap the aperture of his belt and jump into the air. 

Kamen Rider Soul: RIDER SOUL KICK!

Back at Geist Tower, Maggie Faust was having dinner, and looking out over the city.

Maggie Faust: It's beautiful, isn't it Ashley?

Agent West: It's not as beautiful to me as it used to be, but it's still my city.

Maggie Faust: I still believe in the dream of Geist. To provide a better future for the world. I always wanted that for my family. I wanted to usher in a brand new age. 

Agent West: In many ways you have. 

Maggie Faust: In the ones that count, I failed. 

Agent West: ….

Maggie Faust: Did I ever apologize to you for that day?

Agent West: You never had to. 

Maggie Faust: Of course I did. After that incident, I knew it was time to step down, and that's when Victor took the company to newer heights. I'm afraid he's following in my footsteps Ashley. He asked me to keep an eye on you, but I feel like maybe we should be watching over him more closely. He's so much like his father. His ambition to change the world is far more blunt, far more definite. *sigh* You know I miss him every day right?

Agent West: I know you do. 

Maggie Faust: People think I am a frigid ice queen, but I mourn and I grieve just like everyone else. That day took a lot from us both. 

Agent West: …It did.

Soul blasted the Wraith with the intense power of the Rider Soul Kick, and it was enough to send the creature through the dimensions of life and death, bringing it out into the world of the living and outside of Julie's body more importantly. 

Blake: That worked! Yeah! 

Kamen Rider Soul: It's become a tangible creature! It wasn't ghostly here at all! The living realm just became its prison. 

Blake: Then allow me to issue the death sentence!

As the monstrous creature was expelled from Julie's body in the realm of the living, Kamen Rider Soul wasted no time in continuing his battle against the malevolent entity. With a thunderous crash, the creature landed on the cold concrete floor, its form writhing in agony as it prepared to resume its onslaught. But Kamen Rider Soul was ready, his determination unwavering as he faced down the monstrous threat. With a surge of energy, he charged forward, his movements fluid and precise as he launched a relentless barrage of strikes against the creature. The monster was hurting from the previous battle, but Blake was fresh and his armor unscathed from the sneak attack battle in the Death Realm. The air crackled with the intensity of their battle, the very ground beneath them trembling with the force of their clash. Kamen Rider Soul fought with all his might, his blows landing with devastating precision as he sought to vanquish the malevolent entity once and for all. But the creature was relentless, its monstrous form resilient against Kamen Rider Soul's onslaught. With each blow, it seemed to grow stronger, its dark energy pulsating with renewed vigor as it fought to overwhelm its adversary. Realizing that he needed to unleash his full power to defeat the creature, Kamen Rider Soul called upon the fiery energy of his soul, transforming into his upgraded Blazing Soul form. With flames erupting from his armor, he charged forward, his every movement leaving a trail of fire in its wake. With a primal roar, Kamen Rider Soul unleashed the Blazing Cross, a devastating technique that sent waves of searing energy crashing into the creature. The force of the attack was overwhelming, engulfing the monster in a blazing inferno that consumed its dark essence and banished it from the realms of the living and the dead. 

Johnathan Angel: Alright! That felt backwards, but I'll take it! 

Blake: That was WAY stronger! 

Johnathan Angel: I guess if they finish the process they gain a lot of strength from all the life force.

The monster's energy dispersed to the two Soul Drivers, but also enveloped the ghost of Julie, as it gently pulled her back into her body. 

Julie: AH! I'm-I'm-I'm ALIVE! 

Blake: Wow, I wasn't expecting that! I mean I was HOPING it would work out but-

Johnathan Angel: I deduced that she was not completely dead, but in a state of flux so as to keep the Wraith Julie anchored. 

Blake: That's uh…great…uh…ugh…my head.

Johnathan Angel: Your head? Ghosts get headaches? 

Blake: Just seeing swirling visions. I can't process any of it. Definitely memories but, it's all jumbled up. 

Johnathan Angel: That was our strongest Wraith yet, it must be overloading you with energy.

Johnathan turned to helped the newly revived Julie cut down the victim, who appeared to have passed out from the experience. 

Julie: Oh please tell me she's still alive! 

Johnathan Angel: She's weak, but alive.

Julie: Are you sure?

Johnathan Angel: I would definitely know. 

Julie: Oh…right. I can't thank you enough for this! You saved me! You saved her! You're heroes! 

Johnathan Angel: Just a Spirit Detective doing his job Mam. 

Julie: I need to get home, and tell Sarah I'm alright! After all this, I'll never want to leave her again! Haha! I'm ALIVE! Oh, but she-

Johnathan Angel: We'll take care of her. You go on ahead. 

Julie: Thank you…for everything. Goodbye!

Julie waved with tears in her eyes and ran home excitedly. Meanwhile Blake looked at his hand and concentrated. He kneeled down as Hachi approached him, and with all of his concentration, he was able to pet the dog, who wagged his tail excitedly. 

Blake: Wow, this is getting a lot easier. Hey buddy. I always wanted a dog, I think. No, I know I did. I wanted a dog, but-

Suddenly, the warehouse was surrounded by Geist Jeeps. The guards, in new vests, with large energy rifles at the ready began to enter the building. 

Blake: Hachi, you need to run! Go boy! Go! 

Johnathan Angel: Oh crud! What do we do?! 

Blake: Transform again. I'll get us out of here!

Johnathan disappeared into the Death Realm, as Kamen Rider Soul stood up to find himself surrounded by armed guards. As they stood at the ready to fire, another figure entered the fray. 

Kamen Rider Geist: I am Kamen Rider Geist! On behalf of the Geist Corporation, I am placing you under arrest, and taking back what belongs to us! 

Kamen Rider Soul: I'm afraid you're mistaken. This is all a misunderstanding. Can we talk about this! 

Kamen Rider Geist: Heh…maybe it wasn't stolen after all, but that would mean a great many things need to be put into order. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Huh?

Kamen Rider Geist: Who are you? 

Kamen Rider Soul: I wish I knew! 

Kamen Rider Geist: I see…that explains some things. You're coming with me now! 

Kamen Rider Soul: I don't think so! 

Kamen Rider Geist: You wish to test me? That's good. That's very good. I wish to see what this suit can do as well.

With a surge of determination, Kamen Rider Soul braced himself for the impending clash, his fists clenched and his senses alert. Around them, the circle of Geist Guards stood watch, their weapons drawn and prepared to intervene should Kamen Rider Soul attempt to escape. The battle erupted in a flurry of kicks and punches, the sound of metal against metal echoing through the chamber as Kamen Rider Soul and Kamen Rider Geist clashed with unmatched ferocity. Each blow landed with bone-crushing force, the combatants locked in a deadly dance of skill and determination. As the battle raged on, Kamen Rider Soul found himself pushed to his limits by the relentless assault of his adversary. But he refused to yield, his resolve unbroken as he fought to escape the situation. With each passing moment, the circle of Geist Guards tightened around them, their weapons poised to strike should Kamen Rider Soul attempt to escape. 

Kamen Rider Geist: Remarkable that you've been able to withstand me after all the battle data collected. You continue to grow stronger, but those guns aimed at you WILL do damage now, and between myself and those guns, your chances of winning this fight aren't looking good. Surrender, and you won't have to die. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Oh that's really funny! Yeah, I didn't think I'd be able to beat all of you after the night I've already had. I just needed to buy some time. 

Kamen Rider Geist: What? 

Kamen Rider Soul: I'm out of here.

Kamen Rider Soul hit the aperture on his belt and disappeared in a flash before the Geist team. Some of the guards opened fire, and the laser fire actually grazed a very confused Blake, who floated away behind some crates. 

Kamen Rider Geist: So you choose to run! Coward! Come and face me! Face the truth, and face the consequences of your actions! I-I KNOW WHO YOU ARE! 

Blake: *gasp* 

Kamen Rider Geist: Do you hear me! I'm not talking to the Detective! I'm talking to you….BLAAAKE! 

Blake: …..

Johnathan Angel meanwhile had run with Hachi to the same cemetery from before. 

Johnathan Angel: I never knew I could run that fast. Glad you could see well enough to follow me. I guess you're not so bad after all. You saved me, so that earns an attempt by me to sneak you into the Cafe Noir. 

Hachi: Bark! 

Johnathan Angel: He must've had a tough time with them, having to power down and- OH NO!

Johnathan quickly shot behind a tree, as another figure entered the cemetery. Johnathan quickly snuck away as the other figure made their way to a gravestone. 

Agent West: *sigh* It's been too long since I've come out here, but I've been thinking about you a lot lately. So much feels so familiar to that day ten years ago. I miss you everyday. It hasn't gotten any easier. I pour myself into work, but it only helps so much. I want to do right by your mother, but at the same time, I want to get to the bottom of what's going on? I think…I think Victor had good intentions, but something feels wrong about Geist right now. I wish you were here. You'd step up and make it right. You always tried. It's what I…loved about you…and your goofy sense of humor. I think I miss that most of all.

Agent West put flowers on the grave, before clearing away the weeds that obscured the name. The headstone was now clearly visible as was the name.

To Be Continued...

Board footera