cooltext344077875368357

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/15/2024 12:42 am  #11

Re: Kamen Rider Soul

Takes place after Fizzing Sentai Sodaranger X Kamen Rider Soul: Soul & Soda

https://strongstyleforever.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=51

10 Years Ago…

A young woman in glasses and ponytail ran into the Geist Building, brimming with energy. The security guard was quick to stop her though. 

Geist Security: Hold it there young lady! You can't just rush in here without clearance. Now, what's the name?

Ashley West: You already know my name Gus! It's Ashley! 

Gus: Ashley what?

Ashley West: Ashley West! Yeesh! 

Gus: Hehe, you know I have to do my job Ash, even for the cutest little intern Geist has ever had. 

Ashley West: Sure sure! Is today the big day? 

Gus: It sure seems like it. They've got the portal all set up, and the lens in place. If you hurry, you could probably get in to see it! 

Ashley West: You sure I have the clearance for that? 

Gus: Heh. You've got the heart of the guy in the suit don't ya? I think that honestly gives you all the clearance you need. 

Ashley West: Yeesh! Why do you have to say it like that? *blush* That's embarrassing ya know? Besides, it's not like I stole something…it was an even trade.

Ashley went rushing down the hallway, looking for him. She wanted to wish him luck, and to be there on this momentous occasion. But something felt off, the further she went into the building. There was arguing, shouting, fighting, and finally the explosion. 

Agent West: Huh?!

This shook Agent West awake from her nap. She held her head, feeling the bandage on it, and looked out the window. Her vision was still groggy, and her mind filled in the blanks with images of her dream, memories of the past. 

Agent West: …Blake. 

Episode 11: Scism

Later, at Geist Headquarters, a Doctor was giving her an evaluation. 

Geist Doctor: Alright Agent West, everything looks good. You pass with flying colors. However, you can take more time off if needed. I'll authorize it. You did suffer a minor concussion. How on Earth did it even happen? A Wraith attack?

Agent West: I don't…exactly remember. It's all a little fuzzy. 

Geist Doctor: Wow, that takes me back. That's exactly how you sounded before. 

Agent West: Before? 

Geist Doctor: Sorry, you probably don't remember me. I evaluated you ten years ago, during the big explosion. 

Agent West: You did? I'm so sorry I didn't remember. 

Geist Doctor: Who would expect you to? That was a traumatic day for all of us, but some more than others. 

Agent West: Right. 

Geist Doctor: Well, you're cleared like I said, but if you need any more time off your Geist insurance will cover it. 

Agent West: Thanks.

Agent West went to retrieve her new Geist Energy Pistol, which she was told was able to fend off Spectral Incursion far more effectively. She was on her way to a meeting to discuss recent activity, when a towering presence suddenly stood in her way. 

Dimitri: Ashley, I'm surprised to see you back so soon. 

Agent West: I wanted to come back as soon as I could. We have to deal with the Spectral Incursions so that no one else is hurt or possessed. 

Dimitri: We have an entire organization working on this problem, but I know that you take it very personally. I just worry that you're letting the past put you in a dangerous position. 

Agent West: I just want to do my job. The past is the past. 

Dimitri: …Well then, it's wonderful to see you again. I'm sure Mr. Faust will be pleased as well, though I was told orders were you were to stay with Mrs. Faust as her personal-

Agent West: She is away on a philanthropy project, and I was injured, so I was reassigned back to the squad. 

Dimitri: I see. Well, you're here at the perfect time quite frankly. The perpetrator will soon be brought to justice. 

Agent West: That's good. That's very good. I actually have some information about that, a lead I was following named Johnathan-

Dimitri: We've looked into the Spirit Detective. Geist cam has shown us footage that puts him in different places than the masked man. Besides, we're pretty sure who we're dealing with. 

Agent West: Who would that be? 

Dimitri: If I told you, I doubt you'd believe me. Best that you see it for yourself.

Agent West was perplexed as Dimitri ran his hand through her hair and walked away. Something had definitely changed since her time away. She went to go speak with Victor Faust on the subject. Passing a wall with memorials for those lost during the explosion ten years ago. It was there she first saw the portrait of Gus, the security guard. Her eyes traveled over all the names and faces until she stopped at a picture near the top. 

Agent West: Blake. *sigh*

She thought back to a few days before the explosion. When she saw Blake Faust at the park, looking over the city at sundown. 

Ashley West: There you are! 

Blake Faust: Were you looking for me? 

Ashley West: Of course I was! We were going to meet up tonight, remember?

Blake Faust: Oh my- I'm so sorry, I forgot what day it was! I've been…all over the place. I'm so sorry. 

Ashley West: You're always so scatterbrained, but this time it's coming with a tinge of panic. Is everything alright? 

Blake Faust: Right now? With you? I feel better. In general, I'm…I'm not so sure. 

Ashley West: Want to talk about it? 

Blake Faust: I wish I could. I wish I knew what to say. It might just be nerves. The project is moving ahead so rapidly. I've told them we need to hold off and run more tests, but I've had resistance to that. Haven't had a chance to talk to Victor about it. Maybe I can convince him. 

Ashley West: He's your younger brother, you could just play that card. 

Blake Faust: I've played the older card on you, and it never seemed to work. 

Ashley West: Hey! I'm not that bad! 

Blake Faust: I've known you since you were a kid in braces, always following me around! 

Ashley Faust: I just…just thought you were cool. *blushing* 

Blake Faust: Heh. Means a lot Ash. You mean a lot to me too. 

Ashley Faust: Is that why you gave me this ring? 

Blake Faust: You know why I gave you that.

Blake was leaning in to kiss Ashley, when the Geist Agent snapped herself out of her trance. She had been fidgeting with her empty ring finger and tried to to put it out of her mind as she walked into Victory's office. When she got there, he was nowhere to be seen, but she looked over on the wall to see various cameras fixed around the city. She knew the system well, set up after the explosion ten years ago. However, something was different now, as most of the cameras appeared to be fixed on the area around Cafe Noir. In fact, in one of the cameras, she could see Johnathan Angel running out of the cafe, speaking with no one in particular as he ran to his motorcycle. Curiosity got the best of her, when she noticed Victor's computer screen had up the Geistbook page for the Cafe Noir owner Lizbeth. She glanced around, before leaning in to read it. 

Agent West: "The beautiful and brave coffee shop owner and landlady extraordinaire showed just how amazing she was when she nabbed a ghost to be the new mascot of her coffee shop. Java Coffington would be a big hit with-" Wait…Java Coffington?! I-

Victor Faust: What are you doing here Ashley?

Agent West: Yeesh! You scared me sir! 

Victor Faust:  My apologies, but the question still stands. What are you doing here? 

Agent West: I wanted to speak with you about, well this! Following around the self proclaimed Spirit Detective. I heard he was taken off the list of suspects. 

Victor Faust: He is a valuable resource, an asset that is going to help us reach our goals. That is what we have found out through careful observation. 

Agent West: Using all these cameras? I thought they were for the safety of the people? 

Victor Faust: They are, I assure you. Several occurrences have been noted in that area. 

Agent West: The Geistbook post? 

Victor Faust: Hey, it's not my fault she's openly posting on OUR service. I just happened to see it. Agent Wes- Ashley, in most cases it's not wise to spy on your boss.

Agent West: I wasn't intending to sir. I just need to get a grip on what's happening with all of this. I saw Dr. Hegel back in the lab too! None of this is making sense to me! 

Victor Faust: I'm sorry for that. I've kept you out of the loop. That was a mistake I see. I should've known better. You'd pursue the truth like you pursued my brother. You know, Dimitri never cared much for that. 

Agent West: He makes it obvious sir. 

Victor Faust: He and my brother were rivals in a lot of ways. Rivals for your affection too. I feel that was a fight he was never going to win, but don't tell him that. 

Agent West: May I speak freely? 

Victor Faust: Of course. 

Agent West: Why do you keep him on when he had such contempt for Blake? 

Victor Faust: His family has always been loyal to ours. My father insisted that we always have a place for him, and over time I came to see him as a trusted man to have around. His grievances with my brother died when he did. We put it behind us. That's why I'm trusting him with the plans we have today, to finally bring in the one going by the name Kamen Rider Soul. We have our own weapon to deal with him

Agent West: From what I can tell, the perpetrator has been assisting people.

Victor Faust: With stolen property. That belt has been missing for ten years. We believe the person who has it, has been possessed by a Wraith, and is using it to collect life energy. You of all people will surely want him brought to justice. After all, the last person to be seen with that belt was-

Agent West: Blake. 

Victor Faust: You knew? 

Agent West: I guessed. 

Victor Faust: You see, that's why you have your job. It's not because I'm playing favorites. You're that good at what you do. Now me not firing you for spying? THAT is me playing favorites. Next time knock, and if I don't answer, please do not open this door. 

Agent West: Yes sir.

Agent West was about to leave the room, when she suddenly saw something appear on one of the monitors. A man was in agony, writing around the ground, when a monster suddenly burst from him. The office suddenly went into a red alert, as Geist Security mobilized to reach the destination. 

In the parking lot, a distorted mantis looking Wraith entity burst forth from a man, while his ghost was quick to run into the body and limp off. Johnathan and Blake switched it up, so that Blake was in the living realm as Kamen Rider Blazing Soul .

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: This dude is a tough one! 

Johnathan Angel: You've got this! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Can't let you have all the fun!

With a quick stretch, Kamen Rider Blazing Soul charged forward, his blazing armor leaving trails of fire in his wake as he closed the distance between himself and the mantis Wraith. The creature screeched, its insectoid limbs slashing through the air with deadly precision as it launched its assault. But Kamen Rider Blazing Soul was ready, his movements fluid and precise as he dodged the creature's strikes with lightning-fast reflexes. With each evasive maneuver, he closed in on his adversary, his determination unwavering in the face of danger. The mantis Wraith knocked the Geist Energy Sword out of his hands, but quick punched created a distance that allowed him to roll over and grab it to block as the mantic claws came down. As the battle raged on, the parking lot became a battleground, the clash of metal against chitin ringing out like a symphony of war. Kamen Rider Blazing Soul fought with unmatched ferocity, his fiery aura blazing with righteous fury as he unleashed a relentless barrage of kicks and punches against the mantis Wraith. But the creature proved to be a formidable opponent, its razor-sharp claws leaving deep gouges in Kamen Rider Blazing Soul's armor with each strike. With every blow, the mantis Wraith seemed to grow stronger, its relentless assault pushing Kamen Rider Blazing Soul to his limits.

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Every one of these long term Wraith are super strong dude! 

Johnathan Angel: Try the new lens! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Do we trust that thing? 

Johnathan Angel: So far so good! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Eh, what's it gonna do? Kill me?

Belt: THROUGH THE LENS OF ALCOHOL, I SOAR!

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Henshin!

Belt: KAMEN RIDER SPIRIT SOUL!

Kamen Rider Spirit Soul summoned the full power of his Spirit Cross attack. Alcohol burst forth and burned around Spirit Soul, infusing him with energy, he unleashed the devastating technique, sending waves of searing light crashing into the mantis Wraith with unstoppable force. The attack struck true, engulfing the mantis Wraith in a blazing inferno that consumed its dark essence and reduced it to ashes.

Kamen Rider Spirit Soul: I guess those kooks weren't so bad after all. 

Johnathan Angel: Yeah, I'm trying not to think about it. Hey Blake? 

Kamen Rider Spirit Soul: Yeah Johnny-boy?

Johnathan Angel: I'm seeing a lot of spirit activity over here. They're running away from where we are. Is that normal? 

Kamen Rider Spirit Soul: That sounds…foreboding. 

Johnathan Angel: What could it- WAIT! WATCH OUT!

Kamen Rider Spirit Soul: Huh?!

Suddenly, Kamen Rider Geist appeared behind Spirit Soul and kicked him hard enough in the back that it sent him flying into the windshield of a car. 

Kamen Rider Spirit Soul: Ack! That…that hurts? Yeah, that hurts. Feeling the pain. 

Kamen Rider Geist: That's because this suit, and all Geist Weaponry has been upgraded with an energy meant to resist and cancel out Wraith…but we both know it's not just Wraith that it hurts, don't we Blake? 

Kamen Rider Spirit Soul: How do you know me? 

Kamen Rider Geist: Don't play stupid! I know who you are, and I know what you're doing. Trying to stage a return? Revenge from beyond the grave?! You won't stop what's coming! 

Kamen Rider Spirit Soul: I don't know what you're talking about?! 

Kamen Rider Geist: LIAR!

With a sudden surge of aggression, Kamen Rider Geist lunged forward, catching Kamen Rider Spirit Soul off guard. Before he could react, Geist unleashed a barrage of vicious strikes, his blows landing with brutal force and calculated precision. Staggering under the onslaught, Kamen Rider Spirit Soul gritted his teeth against the pain, his armor rattling with each punishing blow, damaging the ghost within somehow. His movements became sluggish as he struggled to fend off Geist's relentless assault, his every instinct screaming for him to fight back. But Geist was relentless, his attacks fueled by a primal fury that seemed to consume him from within. With each blow, he drove Kamen Rider Spirit Soul back, his determination to crush his opponent evident in every savage strike.

Kamen Rider Geist: This power is amazing isn't it? It should have always been mine! It took way too long for me to get here Blake, and it's YOUR FAULT! 

Kamen Rider Spirit Soul: I don't know you! Who are you? Who am I?! 

Kamen Rider Geist: Quit playing games! 

Johnathan Angel: This is bad Blake! Switch out!

Kamen Rider Spirit Soul: Right!

The two men hit their aperture's, but Geist did the same, and when Johnathan took form in the Death Realm, so did Geist. 

Kamen Rider Geist: You can't run from me!

Geist followed Spirit Soul into the Death Realm, but Johnathan Angel was about as confused as Blake about the whole situation. 

Kamen Rider Spirit Soul: We can talk about this! We both want the same thing! To stop the Wraith that are pouring through! 

Kamen Rider Geist: You think that's what I want? I want to put you back into the grave where you belong Blake!

Kamen Rider Geist was a force to be reckoned with, his attacks relentless and unyielding as he sought to crush his opponent beneath his heel. With each blow, he drove Kamen Rider Spirit Soul back, his laughter echoing through the empty expanse of the Death Realm. Blood dripped from Kamen Rider Spirit Soul's wounds, his vision swimming with pain and exhaustion as he struggled to keep pace with his adversary. The very ground beneath his feet seemed to shift and sway, as if the Death Realm itself conspired against him.

Kamen Rider Geist: Bleeding? That's a cute trick, but I'm not buying it! You're dead! 

Kamen Rider Spirit Soul: I'm not what you think I am! 

Kamen Rider Geist: Doesn't matter what you are! I'm putting a stop to this right now!

Geist touched the synthetic aperture on his belt. 

Kamen Rider Geist: Here comes the guillotine Blake! RIDER AXE KI-

Suddenly, the power of the Death Realm seemed to overwhelm Geist. He fell to the ground as the electric current surged from the belt. Blake and Johnathan switched back out as Geist also returned to the living world. He writhed on the ground before de-powering. Spirit Soul caught a glimpse of his face, before the rest of the Geist Security rolled up, firing their improved energy weapons that sent sparks flying off of Spirit Soul's armor. De-powering to Soul, Blake found that he couldn't undo the transformation any further. 

Johnathan Angel: Go ahead and power down! I'm hidden well enough! I can make a run for it! 

Kamen Rider Spirit Soul: I can't! 

Johnathan Angel: What?! 

Kamen Rider Spirit Soul: That Geist dude or the security shot the belt! It's damaged!

Johnathan Angel: Uh…RUN FOR IT!

Kamen Rider Spirit Soul tried to reach the nearby motorcycle, but Geist Security came at him from that direction as well, firing away. He ran off in another direction, when a jeep pulled up in front of him with a familiar face behind the wheel.

Agent West: GET IN! 

Kamen Rider Soul: What?! 

Agent West: I SAID GET IN! 

Kamen Rider Soul: …Fine!

Soul jumped into the jeep leaving Johnathan Angel standing there relieved, but only for a moment. 

Johnathan Angel: …Wait a minute. That means I'm trapped in the Death Realm!

Johnathan had only spent moments in the realm, but now he was stuck looking around at a twisted version of reality, and for the first time he was getting the feeling it was looking right back at him.

Johnathan Angel: Oh no.

As the jeep drove away, a figure watched on from atop a building. He saw Soul leaving with a Geist agent, and then he glanced over to see the person who had earlier been saved from Wraith possession, happily running away. 

Asher: What is going on here?

To Be Continued…

Last edited by Machismo (4/15/2024 1:16 am)

4/16/2024 2:56 am  #12

The sights, the sounds, and even the smells. Somehow Johnathan could smell the Death Realm, and it did not smell good. It reverberated around him, as if it finally sensed all of that life energy, unprotected and uncontained. Wraith flew around overhead, seeking him out, as he reached out for a lead pipe to defend himself. However things in the Death Realm didn't work like they did in the realm of the living. The lead pipe, being part of the realm that wished to feast on the life energy, seemingly melted out of his hands. The monstrous entities were closing in, as Johnathan decided his best bet was to run for it. A two headed bull monster chased him into an alley that turned into a dead end in more ways than one. As the two headed bull monster charged forth, Johnathan prepared to fight for his life with a loud yell. 

Episode 12: Death Escape

The Geist Jeep blazed through the night, leaving the scene of the attack as quickly as possible, blowing through red lights, and driving around traffic. Agent West knew where the cameras were. She studied their locations in the few moments she had to look upon them. She knew where to go to avoid being seen. She looked over to the man sitting beside her, having no idea who was inside the suit. She just knew that he had the answers she was looking for. 

Agent West: What is it? Is something wrong with your belt? 

Kamen Rider Soul: I-I can't get it to power down! I can't switch out either. 

Agent West: Switch out? 

Kamen Rider Soul: …..

Agent West: You want any help you're going to have to give me some answers. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Why are you even doing this? 

Agent West: I…I have a hunch about you. You showed up at the same time as the spectral incursions, and you seem more apt to help people. If you asked me earlier, I'd say you're the Spirit Detective Johnathan Angel. But now, I'm not so sure. You don't sound like him, but you do sound…familiar…in an impossible sort of way. 

Agent West: Do you know me? Do you know who I am?

Kamen Rider Soul: …I don't even know who I am.

Agent West grew silent and refocused on her driving. She had spent the last ten years becoming the best agent she could be for Geist. In the process she had gotten good at sniffing out lies. There was no dishonesty in his familiar voice. 

Back in the Death Realm, the monstrous two headed bull monster was about to reach Johnathan, when another figure jumped off the roof of the building and hit a Rider Kick that sent it flying. 

Johnathan Angel: AAAAAAAHHHH- eh?!

Kamen Rider Ash: You will NOT take this man vile Wraith! I will crush you in the name of justice for the living! I cheat life, by stealing death! I am Kamen Rider Ash! 

Johnathan Angel: Ash?! What are you doing here?

Kamen Rider Ash charged forward, his scarf trailing behind him like a flaming comet as he closed the distance between himself and the monstrous creature. The bull Wraith snarled, its two heads snapping and snarling as it prepared to unleash its fury upon its opponent. But Kamen Rider Ash was undeterred, as he launched a relentless assault against the bull Wraith. With each punch, his scarf crackled with burning embers, the flames dancing in the air as he fought with all his might against the monstrous creature.The bull Wraith fought back with equal ferocity, its massive hooves slamming into the ground with earth-shaking force as it attempted to overpower its adversary. Kamen Rider Ash was thrown around like a ragdoll, the force of the creature's attacks threatening to overwhelm him at every turn. Kamen Rider Ash refused to back down. With a determined grit, he weathered the storm of blows, his eyes fixed on the bull Wraith as he searched for an opening to strike. And then, in a moment of opportunity, Kamen Rider Ash saw his chance. With a burst of speed, he launched himself into the air, his entire body engulfed in flames as he soared toward the bull Wraith with unstoppable momentum. 

Kamen Rider Ash: ASHEN COMET DROPKICK!

With a primal roar, Kamen Rider Ash unleashed the full force of his power, his burning form colliding with the bull Wraith in a blinding explosion of light and heat. The flames consumed the creature, searing through its twisted form with merciless intensity until nothing remained but ash and smoke.

Kamen Rider Ash stood up from the burning, as the spirit energy swirled around him before traveling into Johnathan's Soul Driver. 

Johnathan Angel: Whoa! I don't understand. I absorbed that? 

Kamen Rider Ash: That appears to be the function of the Soul Driver. It creates the appearance that you were stealing life energy, and you were in fact a Wraith. It appears I owe you an apology. 

Johnathan Angel: Is that why you're here? 

Kamen Rider Ash: No, I observed what happened with the other Rider. I saw what happened before as well. You freed that person from their Wraith possession and destroyed one that had escaped into the living realm. I don't know how my order is going to handle this information, but I know that you are no Wraith. 

Johnathan Angel: It wasn't me you had the problem with! You wanted me to destroy my partner! 

Kamen Rider Ash: We didn't know the process was leaving innocent people trapped in this realm. We hadn't seen it. It's curious to me. It's been two hundred years, and I couldn't find any information reported. Very peculiar. 

Johnathan Angel: Two hundred years? What are you talking about? 

Kamen Rider Ash: Too much to explain here. You need to leave the Death Realm. 

Johnathan Angel: I can't. Blake's belt was damaged. He can't power off or swap out. 

Kamen Rider Ash: Is that right? Well then, I think I know what needs to be done, but we need to find him and quickly. 

Johnathan Angel: You're telling me!

Agent West took Kamen Rider Soul to an abandoned building and up to the top floor that was only partially completed, with the tarps still blowing in the night breeze. She quickly took a look at the belt. 

Agent West: It looks like that lens is jammed inside the aperture. 

Kamen Rider Soul: You know about this stuff?

Agent West: I saw it being put together, well some of it. I was curious about the project when I was younger. 

Kamen Rider Soul: I see. 

Agent West: Hey, were we fighting stone monsters with soda related superheroes? 

Kamen Rider Soul: Huh?

Agent West: Nothing. *blushing* Forget I asked. I don't really want to know. Yeesh, this thing is really stuck in there. They knew where to aim to lock you down. 

Kamen Rider Soul: I have to get out of this form. A friend is in danger. 

Agent West: What about yourself? 

Kamen Rider Soul: I'm fine. It's my friend who needs help. 

Agent West: Heh. You remind so much of him. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Who? 

Agent West: …Nobody. Nevermind. 

Kamen Rider Soul: If you want answers from me, you could be more forthcoming yourself. 

Agent West: …My fiance…or he was. Ten years ago, he was supposed to be Kamen Rider Soul. He was training for weeks and learning how to use all of the systems. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Really? So this is a Geist product. 

Agent West: That's why they're after you. Didn't you know that? 

Kamen Rider Soul: I don't know what I know. 

Agent West: Now what does that mean? 

Kamen Rider Soul: My memories are hazy. I'm not playing dumb when I tell you I don't know who I am. I'd really love to have all the answers you're looking for.

Agent West watched as Soul walked over to the edge of the building and looked out into the night sky. The way he turned and looked back at her, was another powerful reminder. Suddenly his belt lit up and the aperture spiraled. 

Agent West: What was that?

Kamen Rider Soul: Spirit energy? That would mean he destroyed a Wraith. But how? 

Kamen Rider Ash: That would be me. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Eh?

Agent West drew her gun as Kamen Rider Ash appeared behind them. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Great, it's you. I don't really have time for thi-

Kamen Rider Ash: Forgive me Soul. I mistook you for a Wraith upon our first meeting. I observed traits consistent with it, but then I saw you saving people. You told me something I had trouble believing, and then I saw it with my own eyes. I'm here to help you. 

Kamen Rider Soul: That all sounds great, but you said some harsh things about me. The sudden turn around is suspicious. 

Kamen Rider Ash: I am a Wraith Hunter. It has been my duty for- for quite some time. The issues troubling Hanta City today are not new ones. I thought you were a Wraith. I know now that you are not. 

Kamen Rider Ash: I saved your friend from a Wraith. He's close, but hidden for obvious reasons. 

Kamen Rider Soul: You saved him? Alright, then that deserves a little trust. What do you intend to do? 

Kamen Rider Ash: I'm going to attack you.

Kamen Rider Soul: Aaaand the trust goes right out the window. 

Kamen Rider Ash: If I can hit you just right I can force you to power down and-

Kamen Rider Soul: We'd switch back! Alright, let's do it! 

Agent West: Are you crazy? You're going to let him attack you! No, I can't allow that! Stand down…whoever you are! 

Kamen Rider Ash: A Geist Agent here? This situation grows more and more complicated. The Wraith will soon find him Soul. 

Kamen Rider Soul: You're right. Agent West…Ashley…please stand down. 

Agent West: Y-y-you…you said my name.

Agent West remembered now how the rock hit her in the head, and Soul was there to catch her, calling her Ashley in the process. 

Agent West: Alright, but if he does anything more than what you intend him to do, I'm going to open fire. These guns aren't for show anymore. They can dish out some hurt, armor or not.

Kamen Rider Ash: So technology has caught up. Impressive. I assure you young lady. This must be done.

Kamen Rider Soul: Alright, let me mentally prepare to be kicked full force and-

Ash blasted Soul in the midsection with the dropkick, and it sent him flying into the wall. Soul fell to his knees, as the kick seemed to dislodge the lens, depowering Soul. He glanced over at Agent West and thanked her as he began to disappear. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Thank you. 

Agent West: W-wait! I still have so many-

West was shocked as the suit disappeared, as did the man inside of it, but the face she briefly thought she saw shocked her into silence as Kamen Rider Ash quickly left as well, leaving Agent West to herself, or so she thought. Blake, back in his ghost form, remained in the room with Agent West as tears began to fall down her face. He leaned in and concentrated hard enough to wipe them away. She was stunned and backed away, before understanding the comforting gesture. 

Agent West: …is it you…Blake?

Blake: *gasp*

To Be Continued…

Last edited by Machismo (4/16/2024 2:57 am)

4/17/2024 2:20 am  #13

Episode 13: Revelation/Declaration

It was a bright day outside in Hanta City, and Lizbeth was working her personal ghost mascot to the proverbial bone outside the shop, ushering customers in dressed as Java Coffington, an increasingly popular character, already spawning memes on Geistbook. Blake danced around as Johnathan Angel woke up from a long sleep. He still looked drained of energy as he sat down outside with a big cup of coffee. 

Blake: I thought I was the dead one. You sleep like you are. 

Johnathan Angel: Sorry, I'm just struggling to shake off what happened the other night.

Blake: Being trapped in the Death Realm can be draining for someone alive. That's always been a risk. 

Johnathan Angel: I thought I was working up a tolerance to it. I think because our connection was interrupted the realm finally realized I was lurking around. Blake, that place is hell. I mean even now you see it don't you? 

Blake: Yep! Hey, it's home. You get used to it. 

Johnathan Angel: I can't imagine that's true. 

Blake: Yeah…it's really not. 

Johnathan Angel: I didn't know what you had to deal with until I really took the time to look around. 

Blake: That's why Geist developed the suit, to protect people from exposure. 

Johnathan Angel: There you go with the random knowledge again. You know why they made two, or why they're connected? 

Blake: Nope! Hang on just a second.

Blake as Java Coffington did a silly dance for a couple of people passing by and tried to usher them into Cafe Noir. They walked by him as he quickly ran back to the table. 

Blake: Yeah, I have no idea. 

Johnathan Angel: You move around pretty good in that suit. 

Blake: It's not like it's cumbersome or anything. 

Johnathan Angel: No I mean you're really moving around physical objects with ease.

Blake: I'm at a plateau on my memories though, and that's why I think we need to talk to her. 

Johnathan Angel: Hmm? Her who? 

Blake: Agent West. 

Johnathan Angel: I don't know about that. She works for Geist, and they have made it very clear that they don't care for us. 

Blake: She knows something is up with this cafe, but she's not here shutting it down right now. I think she knows something isn't quite right with that company herself. Johnny-boy, they are the ones behind this whole thing. Kamen Rider Geist is the dead giveaway. They claim to be the cure, but they were the problem to begin with. 

Johnathan Angel: I've always assumed that. Ever since that day ten years ago.

Johnathan thought back to the day of the explosion, that sent a shockwave so powerful it caused his parents to have the car accident. 

Johnathan Angel: Always assumed Geist did this. Know these Soul Drivers are Geist tech really hammers that home. Then again, I'm not so sure this is something Geist cooked up on a whim. I get the feeling from Kamen Rider Ash, that we're dealing with something that has been around far longer than the last ten years. 

Blake: Where did he go by the way? I didn't get a chance to thank him for KICKING ME AS HARD AS HE COULD! Why does it hurt?! I feel like I got a bruise! I can't even escape aches and pains in death?! What a rip off! Then I keep seeing these lights! Right in front of me! 

Johnathan Angel: What lights? I didn't see any lights. 

Blake: I told you before, remember? Every so often I get these bright flashes in my eyes. I don't know where it's coming from, but it gets annoying. 

Johnathan Angel: I wish I knew more about the Death Realm myself. Perhaps if we see Kamen Rider Ash again we could get some answers. 

Blake: I have no doubt we'll see that guy again.

As if on cue Asher sneezed inside of the dark container he found himself emerging from. It was a sarcophagus looking container, with tendrils extending through the walls of the ancient room he was in. He looked down at his bandaged hands and removed them to reveal normal looking hands. He stared at them and clenched a fist as he thought back to the other night. After kicking Kamen Rider Soul in the belt, he quickly ran off, as he began to de-power. Outside of the suit, his hands began to ash up, and his hair had turned gray. Now, emerging from his slumber, he looked youthful once again. He walked down a hallway up a flight of stairs, into what looked like an ornate and well taken care of mansion. He opened a door out to a balcony, overlooking the vast forest below, and even further beyond that, Hanta City in all its size and splendor. Asher looked down at his hands again and took in a deep breath. 

Asher: Too close Asher, you almost burned up.

A man in a robe similar to Asher's approached. 

Asher: Daniel? You look troubled. 

Daniel: I'm not the one who should be troubled Sir Asher. The Magnus Foundation is very concerned with your recent actions. Your job is to hunt the Wraith, and it appears you were in league with them! 

Asher: That is absolutely not true. We were misled. The truth is that Kamen Rider Soul is not a Wraith, nor a man possessed by one. It's a one of a kind situation that I'm still trying to grasp. 

Daniel: All the same, the Overseer has requested your presence post haste.

Asher: A tribunal is it? *sigh* Very well.

Daniel led Asher down another hall into the vast library within the mansion. Asher stood in the middle, as many men stepped out of the shadows of the book shelves, faces obscured in cloaks. The Overseer himself appeared at the top of the stairs to the second floor and looked down at Asher. 

Overseer: You know why you're here Asher. 

Asher: I know why you think I'm here good sirs, but a mistake has taken pla-

Overseer: The word is elimination. Elimination of all threats that would come upon the living world and the Magnus Foundation. You were to destroy the Wraith, and retrieve the belts. 

Asher: You also ordered me to kill the host, don't forget that?

Overseer: Excuse me? 

Asher: Two hundred years ago, this foundation stood for justice and peace. Now, it feels more like you want power by any means. 

Overseer: We require power to fight back the enemy at our gates! 

Asher: Yes, funny you mention gates, because I seem to recall closing one that you have been attempting to dig up! I've had a lot of questions about that mysel-

Overseer: You are out of line Sir Asher! 

Asher: I'm glad you remember that I am a Knight! I am a Knight of the Magnus Foundation, tasked with bringing peace and justice to the world by fighting the Wraith! I know who I am! I know my place and my task! If you awakened me to be a tool, then you might as well put me back into the tomb where you found me! 

Overseer: That is enough! 

Asher: You expect me to ignore what my own eyes and ears have revealed to me! The world has changed much in two hundred years, but the truth is still the truth. The fact is that Kamen Rider Soul is an ALLY! I must make amends for my previous attempts to eliminate them! 

Overseer: You swore an OATH to The Magnus Foundation Asher! 

Asher: I fought alongside Kamen Rider Magnus himself! This order has lost direction, and it's my duty to redirect us back to our purpose. The Geist Corporation opened a portal to the Death Realm, not one, but twice! It's time to stop hunting a false enemy and get some answers from the source! I'm departing now! 

Overseer: If you leave, you'll lose access to the Foundation! You will be declared an enemy! 

Asher: So be it! 

Overseer: You will lose access to the sarcophagus! You will BURN! 

Asher: …I can live with that…for however long I have left.

Overseer: Unacceptable! Seize him!

Asher found himself surrounded by members of the order, their stern faces illuminated by the soft light of the room. But Asher was not one to go down without a fight. With a defiant glare, he broke free from the grasp of his captors, his heart pounding with adrenaline as he dashed through the maze-like corridors of the mansion. The sound of his footsteps echoed through the empty halls, a desperate rhythm of escape. As he ran, Asher could hear the shouts of his pursuers behind him, their voices echoing off the walls like the tolling of a bell. He ducked and weaved through the labyrinthine passages, his every movement fueled by the fear of capture. But the members of the Order were relentless in their pursuit, their footsteps echoing ominously as they closed in on their quarry. Asher's heart raced as he pushed himself to the limit, his breath coming in ragged gasps as he fought to evade capture. Just when it seemed that all hope was lost, Asher spotted a nearby window. With a surge of determination, he sprinted toward the opening, his muscles burning with exertion as he leaped through the narrow gap and out into the forest below. The cool air filled Asher's lungs as he landed outside the mansion, his heart pounding in his chest as he sprinted across the expansive grounds. Behind him, he could hear the shouts of his pursuers growing fainter with each passing moment, their voices swallowed by the distance.

Asher: Magnus, forgive me, for not realizing sooner what was happening to your order. I will set things right, even if I have to burn to ash in the process.

Asher looked back down at his hands before running off. 

The anger of The Magnus Foundation was matched by Victor Faust as he tossed papers and cleared his desk in the high up office overlooking the city. Dimitri stepped in, cold and calculated, unphased by the show of aggression. 

Dimitri: Are you alright sir? 

Victor Faust: I'm NOT! Not at all! This whole situation is getting out of hand! Cemetery Wind was supposed to be a slam dunk for us! 

Dimitri: The bugs are still being worked out. No Geist equipment is as adept at handling the Death Realm as the SD-101. It will be taken care of sir. 

Victor Faust: I want the spectral incursions to stop! I want to get this under control! I blame that man that stole my brother's belt! I'd kill him myself if I could! 

Dimitri: Some good news for you sir. The scientists believe they have developed a lens powerful enough to fight back the Death Realm, meaning we can try the project aga-

Victor Faust: Are you insane?! Oh, that reminds me! Why is Dr. Hegel working on these projects again! I told you to rehabilitate him and get all the information you could before giving him his retirement benefits! I did NOT tell you to put him back to work! 

Dimitri: Forgive me sir, it seemed like a waste of resources otherwise. His knowledge as a Wraith possessed was crucial in Cemetery Wind. He is responsible for the SD-102 for Kamen Rider Geist as well. 

Victor Faust: *sigh* This is getting out of hand. We're supposed to protect the people. That's what this company was founded on. 

Dimitri: Relax sir, it will all be taken care of. You just need to relax. You haven't slept in days. 

Victor Faust: I feel like I'm fighting for control inside my own body sometimes. Sleep makes me feel like I've lost that control. I'm fine. 

Dimitri: With all due respect sir, you are not fine. You obsession over this incident is getting the better of you. Please think about resting. I will take my leave to ensure that preperations are complete for the final phase of Cemetery Wind. 

Victor Faust: Yes, a sweep of the city, hunting down any and all Wraith. Spare the innocents of course, and FIND KAMEN RIDER SOUL! 

Dimitri: It will be done.

Dimitri shut the door and took a deep breath. He slicked back his hair, fixed his tie and walked off. Inside his office Victor sat at his desk and began to doze off. As he did, a voice echoed in his mind. 

?: Open the gate. Open the gate. Open the gate. Open the gate. OPEN THE GATE! 

Victor Faust: Ah! Wha? NO! NO I WILL NOT! I WON'T DO IT!

Victor stood up and leaned against the window, looking at the city below. 

Victor Faust: Brother, what would you do?

Back at Cafe Noir, the day had been very successful, with Java Coffington becoming a bigger hit. 

Lizbeth: I love that I have an employee I don't have to pay, and doesn't need to take a lunch break! 

Blake: Do NOT tell her I had fun doing it. 

Johnathan Angel: Blake had fun being Java Coffington. 

Blake: Hey! 

Lizbeth: Oh good! Plenty more work to be done for my ghost mascot! 

Johnathan Angel: Hehe. 

Blake: That was NOT funny. Listen, we need to talk, let's go back outside. 

Johnathan Angel: Alright.

Johnathan went outside with Blake, still in the mascot costume, trying to sit in it. 

Blake: You know what, I think I'll just stand. 

Johnathan Angel: You COULD take the costume off. 

Blake: It's fun to be able to interact with the living realm. 

Johnathan Angel: Uh-huh. So what did you want to talk about? 

Blake: We really do need to talk with Agent West again. 

Johnathan Angel: You're insistent on it, and I think I heard you call her Ashley once or twice?

Blake: So?

Johnathan Angel: You have a crush on her don't you? 

Blake: What?! No! I'm a ghost! I'm dead! 

Johnathan Angel: That doesn't mean you can't be sweet on someone. Hey, we're friends right? 

Blake: Uh..yeah…I guess we are aren't we? 

Johnathan Angel: Exac- you had to think about it? 

Blake: I just never gave it much thought until now. I mean, of course we are! 

Johnathan Angel: …Yes…and that shows you can care about someone, even as a ghost, so why couldn't you like or even LOVE someo-

Blake: Whoa! Now we're in love territory? I don't know about that! I just get this feeling like she would help us! 

Johnathan Angel: What's the feeling? Some detective intuition. Am I rubbing off on you? 

Blake: She knew my name. 

Johnathan Angel: Oh, a more obvious thing. Right. 

Blake: I think I knew her. The guy in the Geist suit, he knows me too. This is all coming to a head. We need to go to the Geist Corporation and get answers. I could go alone obviously but-

Johnathan Angel: They have ways of dealing with ghosts. Remember when I told you I couldn't see ghosts for a long time? That started right when the Geist-G network was established in town. I think they knew what they were doing. I think they know a whole lot more than what they're telling people, and I too want some answers. If you're going, you're not going alone. I-

The two were suddenly startled by the sound of a man collapsing into nearby trash cans. They ran over to see Asher trying to lift himself up.

Blake: There he is! 

Johnathan Angel: Asher! Are you alright?! 

Asher: I have been better. Might I take a seat at your Cafe?

Moments later, Asher was seated inside the Cafe. Lizbeth came out from behind a cauldron, with her specialty coffee. 

Lizbeth: Look, I don't know who this is Johnathan, but a friend of yours is a friend of mine. 

Johnathan Angel: Really?

Lizbeth: I mean he is so hunky! 

Johnathan Angel: Hey! 

Lizbeth: Huh?

Johnathan Angel: Oh uh…nothing.

Lizbeth: Sir, this cup of the Noir Brew is on the house. 

Asher: I thank you good lady. I will graviously accept this gift. 

Lizbeth: Mmm, such a gentleman. 

Johnathan Angel: Could I speak to my friend privately please? 

Lizbeth: I own this place ya know?! 

Johnathan Angel: Please? My lovely and wonderful landlady? The absolute quintessential mistress of Noir?

Lizbeth: …You know how to sweet talk me Johnny. Alright, you two have fun. I have work to do anyway.

Asher: She is full of life! 

Johnathan Angel: You could say that. I'd say a little crazy, but to each his own. So what are you doing here?

Asher: I came to find you for battle. 

Johnathan Angel: You still want to fight? 

Asher: No, you misunderstand. We must battle together. 

Johnathan Angel: …Geist? 

Asher: Indeed. All three of us are in need of answers, and they hold them. 

Blake: He's right, we can't play defense anymore. 

Asher: Is the ghost with us right now? 

Johnathan Angel: He is, and he agrees with you. 

Asher: Good man. I once again apologize for my earlier attempts against you. My Foundation wants your belts, I can see that now. I was fed a lie to claim them. I just wish I knew why. What happened to them? I can't find out until we strike at the Geist Foundation and put a stop to any further attempts to open a gate to the Death Realm. We have to stop them! 

Blake: YEAH! 

Johnathan Angel: …It seems we know what we have to do then. 

Blake: SO WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR!?

Inside the bowels of the Geist Corporation tower, the Security Forces were gearing up for a sweep of the city, and a hunt for Kamen Rider Soul. Agent West was hesitant as she readied her side arm and put on her anti-incursion vest. She looked at the picture in her locker and thought back to the other day, when she felt a presence wipe the tears from her eyes. She stared intently as she thought back ten years ago, to the day before the explosion. 

Ashley West: I'm worried about what might happen to you. 

Blake Faust: Please don't worry Ashley. I need you to be strong for the both of us. This could be the start of something amazing, we get to be a part of it. Let me dry those tears. Ashley, you have never left my side, since you were an intrusive and demanding brat of a kid! You won me over. You never wanted to be without me, and I never want to be without you. No matter what happens, I will be with you.

Ashley snapped back to the present and holstered her gun. 

Agent West: I hope you're here with me now Blake.

A large shutter door opened at the base of the tower, as several jeeps rolled out in front of Geist Security heading out on foot. They were led by Dimitri, who opened up his suit jacket to reveal a Rider Belt. 

Belt: THROUGH THE LENS OF GEIST, I RISE.

Dimitri: HENSHIN!

To Be Continued…

Last edited by Machismo (4/17/2024 2:29 am)

4/25/2024 1:36 am  #14

Episode 14: Storm the Gates!

The street lights illuminated two motorcycles as they blazed through the city streets as quickly as they could, racing towards the Geist Corporation Tower. One of the motorcycles began to sway and fall behind before catching back up. 

Kamen Rider Soul: You alright!? 

Kamen Rider Ash: I'm not used to riding something like this! Shame we couldn't find a horse! 

Kamen Rider Soul: A what?! 

Kamen Rider Ash: Don't worry about it!

Johnathan Angel was in the Death Realm, but managed to hitch a ride on the back of Blake's bike. 

Johnathan Angel: Been getting the feeling this guy is ancient! 

Kamen Rider Soul: All that matters is that he can fight, and that's exactly what we need right now! 

Kamen Rider Ash: We're almost there!

As the engines of their motorcycles roared in unison, Kamen Rider Soul and Kamen Rider Ash rode side by side, their determination palpable in the night air. Their destination loomed ahead, the towering fortress of the Geist Corporation, where darkness thrived and secrets lay hidden. But before they could reach their goal, a blockade of Geist Security vehicles emerged from the shadows, their headlights piercing the darkness like beacons of opposition. Jeeps with armed guards positioned themselves strategically, ready to halt any intruders daring enough to challenge the corporation's authority. Without hesitation, Soul and Ash accelerated, their bikes cutting through the air like knives through butter. As they neared the blockade, Geist Security agents opened fire, bullets whizzing past them with deadly intent. In a blur of motion, Soul and Ash swerved and weaved between the jeeps. With swift kicks and punches, they disabled the vehicles one by one, ensuring to incapacitate the guards without causing fatal harm. Soul's Soul Driver crackled with energy as he unleashed bursts of spectral flames, scattering the guards with waves of ethereal fire. Meanwhile, Ash's scarf shot out embers and ashes as he delivered lightning-fast strikes, rendering the opposition powerless before him.

Inside of the Geist Corporation Tower, Victor Faust watched from his office as the two riders approached. He heard the yelling and destruction from his Geist Watch. 

Victor Faust: So they've decided to pick a fight? Perfectly fine with me. I'll have my brother's belt back! I want it. I NEED IT!

Victor stepped back for a second, stunned by the sudden urge and rush of anger. Where did it come from? He fixed his tie and went to pour himself a drink as the riders pressed on down below. He then opened communications on his Geist Watch.

Victor Faust: Set up the cannons, and show them what we've been cooking up. 

As Soul and Ash approached the imposing Geist Corporation tower, their focus sharpened. But just as they prepared to breach the final barrier, two street-mounted energy cannons emerged from the ground in front of the building, their barrels humming with power. Without warning, the cannons unleashed a devastating barrage of energy blasts, catching Soul and Ash off guard. The force of the explosions sent them flying off their motorcycles, tumbling through the air before crashing to the ground with bone-jarring impact. Pain shot through their bodies as they struggled to rise.

Kamen Rider Ash: What horrible weapons this time period has cooked up. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Oh that hurt. That hurt a lot. That's an energy weapon meant to hurt Wraith, and it hurts. Ouch! 

Johnathan Angel: You going to be alright? 

Kamen Rider Soul: They have weapons that can obliterate us if we're not careful. We need to get around those things! 

Johnathan Angel: You know what we gotta do! 

Kamen Rider Soul: Great idea!

Kamen Rider Ash: What? 

Kamen Rider Soul: You can see Johnathan right? 

Kamen Rider Ash: I can see him, but I can't hear him! 

Kamen Rider Soul: Just stand by. We'll take care of the cannons!

Blake and Johnathan hit the apertures on their Soul Drivers, and switched places, with Johnathan now clad in the armor in the Death Realm. He quickly turned to ward off looming Wraith, that he soon discovered were quite numerous, and swarming around the building. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Are you seeing this Blake? 

Blake: Oh yeah. This place is infested! If you ask me, they're looking for a chance to break on through to the other side! 

Kamen Rider Soul: They claim to be the solution, but they caused the whole problem to begin with! They're the reason my parents are dead! We're getting in there now!

Kamen Rider Soul charged forward, and shot behind the cannons, before transforming back with Blake. In the living realm, Soul was now behind the cannons and quickly dismantled them with his energy blade. 

Kamen Rider Soul: And it's just that simple. 

Kamen Rider Ash: Bending the laws of life and death are far from simple. 

Kamen Rider Soul: That was a joke! 

Kamen Rider Ash: Oh. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Here comes the next wave!

As Kamen Rider Soul and Kamen Rider Ash prepared to enter the imposing Geist Tower, they were suddenly confronted by a formidable obstacle. Emerging from the shadows came Dimitri, flanked by a squad of heavily armed Geist Security operatives, their weapons trained on the two Riders. The tension in the air crackled with anticipation as Soul and Ash squared off against their adversaries, their resolve unshaken despite the odds stacked against them. But amidst the sea of hostile faces, one figure stood out, Agent West, her expression torn between duty and something else, something that flickered in her eyes as she hesitated to raise her energy gun at Soul. For a moment, time seemed to stand still as Soul locked eyes with Agent West, a silent understanding passing between them. Despite the chaos unfolding around them, there was a glimmer of hope, a flicker of humanity in the heart of the enemy. Soul swapped between life and death forms to appear to warp around the asphalt battlefield, Blake and Johnathan going out of their way to avoid confrontation with Agent West. With a raise of his hand, Dimitri halted his troops, and in turn Soul and Ash backed away as well. 

Dimitri: You're really going to do this huh? 

Kamen Rider Soul: We have some questions, and we need answers. 

Johnathan Angel: All of us. 

Dimitri: And you have what we want. For us to bring an end to this chaos, simply hand over the SD-101…both of them. 

Kamen Rider Soul: That's not going to happen! 

Dimitri: Alright then, have it your way.

Dimitri: HENSHIN!

Dimitri was enveloped in a black smoke as the aperture spun on his belt, transforming him into Kamen Rider Geist. 

Kamen Rider Soul: So you're Geist! 

Kamen Rider Geist: And you're dead!

Kamen Rider Soul and Kamen Rider Ash found themselves facing off against their formidable adversary, Kamen Rider Geist. The air crackled with tension as the three masked warriors squared off, their gazes locked in a silent challenge. With a sudden surge of aggression, Kamen Rider Geist launched himself into the fray, his movements fluid and precise as he unleashed a barrage of devastating blows against his opponents. Kamen Rider Soul and Kamen Rider Ash fought back with all their might, their every strike fueled by getting into Geist Tower. 

Kamen Rider Ash: This is a powerful foe. He's reading our movements. 

Kamen Rider Geist: I've had weeks to prepare for you, and the data you've provided helped create this suit that's worthy of a true hero!

As the fight raged on, Kamen Rider Geist's allies, the Geist Security, closed in around the combatants, their energy guns blazing as they fired off shots at Kamen Rider Soul and Kamen Rider Ash from all directions. The air crackled with the sound of energy blasts, threatening to overwhelm the two heroes as they struggled to hold their ground.

Kamen Rider Soul: Of course you have some help too! Luckily, so do I!

Soul hit the aperture on his belt as Blake and Johnathan switched places. Ash kept Geist busy while Johnathan shot around Geist. He was about to hit the aperture to switch places again, when Geist kicked Ash away and hit his own belt, shifting into the Death Realm and catching a kick that Soul was throwing. 

Kamen Rider Geist: It's funny that it takes two of you to do what I can do on my own! Hah-

Kamen Rider Ash shifted into the Death Realm himself and smashed Geist back with a big kick. 

Kamen Rider Ash: I can do what you can, but we both know the cost it takes on us! I saw your fight from before! You can't stay here! My time is limited too! They are in perfect sync with life and death!

Kamen Rider Soul: Perfect sync…he can't stay here!

Geist tried to grab at his belt to shift back into the living realm, but Blake appeared behind him and grabbed his arms. 

Blake: Leaving so soon! 

Kamen Rider Geist: You! Curse you Blake! Even in death you're in my way! 

Blake: Don't know who I am to you, but I'm under your skin, and I don't mind that one bit!

Geist Security slowly drew closer to the site where the fight was taking place. To them, the battlefield was empty and quiet, until suddenly Dimitri reappeared out of his suit, as did Kamen Rider Ash, who dispatched of the remaining security while Blake took back over as Kamen Rider Soul. Ash fell to his knees as Soul noticed his scarf was burning up more and more as the battle had raged on. Soul quickly rushed over to help him up. 

Kamen Rider Soul: You alright man? 

Kamen Rider Ash: Yes, I'm fine. The shift from the living and death realm takes a toll on anyone that isn't in your specific situation. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Oh I don't know, I don't think Johnathan much cares for it either. 

Johnathan Angel: That's putting it lightly! 

Kamen Rider Soul: That Dimitri guy, he acts like he knows me. 

Kamen Rider Ash: We could interrogate-

Kamen Rider Soul: No, we don't have time to wait for him to wake up. Wait, where is Agent West! Did you see Agent West? 

Kamen Rider Ash: The woman? No, she wasn't here when I shifted back. She never held her gun at you either. 

Kamen Rider Soul: You noticed that?

Kamen Rider Ash: I was making note of where she was. She seemed important to you.

Kamen Rider Soul: Thank you. She is…I think.

Johnathan Angel: I don't mean to be pushy, but we have to get inside! The Wraith are really swarming out here! They're going to notice me again soon enough! 

Kamen Rider Ash: It appears they have closed the portcullis. 

Kamen Rider Soul: The what? Oh the steel shutter! Why didn't you just say that?

Kamen Rider Ash: That's not a portcullis?

Kamen Rider Soul: I don't know what that is. 

Johnathan Angel: Don't worry, I know what to do, but we got to move!

Agent West looked on at a monitor showing Kamen Rider Soul disappearing right before her eyes once again. She looked at another monitor showing guards on the other side of the steel shutters, with guns at the ready, but Soul appeared behind them and incapacitated them. 

Agent West: It's gotta be you. How could I ever draw a gun on you? Oh my sweet Bla-

Agent West felt a hand on her shoulder, and she quickly whipped around to see Maggie Faust standing there. 

Agent West: Mam?! What are you doing here?! I thought you were away on business? 

Maggie Faust: I was, but I arrived just in time to see the fireworks. So these are the two my son has been dealing with. I had to see for myself. Do we know who they are? 

Agent West: …Possibly, and you may not believe it.

Maggie Faust: …

The steel shutters opened as Kamen Rider Ash stepped in to see Kamen Rider Soul standing there waving. 

Kamen Rider Ash: A remarkable ability you two share. Now, we can see what they are hiding in this tower. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Absolu- whoa. There it is again! What is that?! 

Johnathan Angel: What is it Blake? 

Kamen Rider Soul: I'm seeing the lights again. The two lights. One from the right, and now from the left. 

Johnathan Angel: What does it mean? 

Kamen Rider Soul: Still have no idea. 

Johnathan Angel: Wish I could get used to you not knowing anything. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Same. Still, I'm sure we'll figure out something while we're here. 

Johnathan Angel: One would hope. I'm not prone to breaking and entering nor am I prone to attacking people. 

Kamen Rider Soul: If it makes you feel better, WE attacked them.

Johnathan Angel: Helps a little?

Kamen Rider Soul: Those lights again! What are they?

Agent West found herself with Maggie Faust inside of a VIP elevator that only she had access to. The card she kept on hand allowed her access as they hurtled down to the basement. 

Maggie Faust: Ashley, I understand what you're saying but-

Agent West: But what? I can't explain it either, but it has to be Blake in that suit! I thought it was the Spirit Detective, but the way he moves, the sound of his voice, and the way he wiped away my tears. That's what your son would do. Blake is Kamen Rider Soul! 

Maggie Faust: That's just not possible my dear. 

Agent West: I never got to see his body after the explosion, and the funeral was closed casket so-

Maggie Faust: That would explain why you don't have closure. I'm so sorry for putting you through that. I honestly didn't realize what it would do. It's about time you got to see something for yourself. 

Agent West: See what?

The elevator opened below the basement, to a sub-basement unknown to Agent West. The large room was full of technology and monitors reminiscent of the staging area ten years ago. In fact, pieces from that explosion were still in the room, being studied by a familiar face. 

Agent West: Dr. Hegel? 

Dr. Hagel: Hello Agent West, it's good to see you were not harmed from the incursion into the building. 

Agent West: What is going on here?

Dr. Hegel was shining a light back and forth over a cylinder chamber. 

Maggie Faust: How is he Dr. Hegel?

Dr. Hegel: His condition is the same. No reaction to the light. His muscles and nervous system continue to show improvement though. After years of a static and unchanging situation, he's now in excellent condition in all by brain and motor function.

Maggie led Agent West over to the chamber. 

Maggie Faust: My son…is not in that casket in the ground. He never was.  When the explosion occurred, something happened to him. I can't explain it, but-

Agent West stepped back in shock and covered her mouth with her hand when she saw him. 

Maggie Faust: Blake Faust is alive, and he hasn't aged a day in ten years.

To Be Continued…

Last edited by Machismo (4/25/2024 1:40 am)

4/27/2024 12:03 am  #15

Episode 15: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Kamen Rider Ash led the way, while Kamen Rider Soul brought up the rear, looking around at the building they were traversing and feeling a sense of familiarity. 

Kamen Rider Ash: It's oddly quiet on this upcoming floor. Soul? Soul! 

Kamen Rider Soul: Huh?

Kamen Rider Ash: Does something trouble you?

Kamen Rider Soul: Quite a bit Asher. This place feels familiar. I've been here before. I feel like I've been here before a lot. 

Kamen Rider Ash: What does that mean? 

Kamen Rider Soul: I don't know, but if I'm right, this next floor is a containment floor. 

Kamen Rider Ash: Containment for what? 

Kamen Rider Soul: Let's find out.

Soul kicked open a door requiring a key card. They stepped inside and were shocked at what they saw. The room appeared to be an active lab that had just been cleared out from the attack. Soul, Ash, and Johnathan stepped in, though Johnathan wondered why he hadn't just stepped through the wall in the first place to open the door. He noticed an expediency in Blake and tried to just go with it. The trio were stunned at the sight in front of them. 

Kamen Rider Soul: What….are those?

Kamen Rider Ash: My word. 

Kamen Rider Soul: I've never seen anything like that before. 

Kamen Rider Ash: I have. 

Kamen Rider Soul: Eh?

Kamen Rider Ash: Those are what Wraith possessed humans become after years of not feeding on life energy. 

Kamen Rider Soul: I see- wait years?! 

Johnathan Angel: If the current working theory holds, Geist opened a gate between the realms ten years ago. That would mean they've had these poor souls trapped here for a decade? 

Kamen Rider Soul: No one should be forced to suffer like that.

Suddenly, the door was sealed behind them, and a voice sounded over the intercom. 

?: Then why don't you put them out of their misery. That is, unless they do it to you first. 

Kamen Rider Ash: Get ready! 

Kamen Rider Soul: This is going to get bad.

Meanwhile, at Cafe Noir, Lizbeth was tearing up the place looking for Johnathan. Checking cabinets, looking under the bed, and all around the building. 

Lizbeth: Johnathan? Johnathan?! Where are you? Is the ghost here? Hey ghost dude! Where are you?! Java Coffington! Hey!

Lizbeth: Come out, come out wherever you are! *sigh* Guess, I'm alone tonight. 

Suddenly Hachi came running up to Lizbeth with his tail wagging. 

Lizbeth: Except for the dog. Wait, when did we get a dog?! Who are you? What are you doing here?!

Hachi simply barked and licked Lizbeth on the face. 

Lizbeth: Ah! Well, that's a way to melt my heart I guess. Johnathan and I are going to have a talk about me raising his rent though!

She quickly sat down to type on Geistbook, with Hachi quickly laying down beside her. 

Lizbeth: You sure are adorable. It doesn't fit the aesthetic of my dark cafe, but I'll make an exception. Let's see, what should I write about toni- wait what's this? Pictures of a gun fight taking place at the Geist building? Two guys in suits, I think those are the ones everyone has been talking about! Wait, isn't that Johnathan's bike?!

Back in the Geist building, a siren blared, shattering the silence. Red lights flashed in sync with the alarm, casting an ominous glow over the scene. Kamen Rider Soul placed his Blazing Lens into the aperture, and prepared to power up. Beside him, Kamen Rider Ash adjusted his burning scarf, the air around him sparking with barely contained energy. The three Wraiths, their twisted forms a swirling mass of darkness and malice, were freed from their containment cells by the voice over the intercom. Kamen Rider Soul could feel the rage of the Wraiths, their desire for vengeance and hunger for life energy palpable in the air as he transformed.

Belt: THROUGH THE LENS OF FIRE, I BLAZE. 

Kamen Rider Soul: HENSHIN!

Johnathan Angel: Don't mean to alarm, but they definitely see me too!

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: READY UP!

Ash nodded, and they sprang into action. The Wraiths, sensing their approach, let out a bone-chilling screech and charged. Soul drew his Energy Sword, the blade brimming with fiery energy, while Ash pulled out a weapon he had been holding back, an ornate revolver. He held the gun out to his side, as his scarf caught ablaze and the energy seemingly loaded the gun. The battle was a blur of motion and energy. Blazing Soul's sword clashed against the Wraiths' shadowy tendrils, each strike sending shockwaves through the lab. Ash's revolver fired concentrated bursts of ashen light, searing through the darkness. The Wraith were rabid as they fought through the concentrated attack and slashed into the armor plating of Blazing Soul and Ash. The third Wraith broke off and followed Johnathan, who stumbled around the room in a panic. 

Johnathan Angel: Blake! Gonna need to tag in!

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Just a second!

Blazing Soul flicked his wrist and lit his fist on fire before landing a blow to a hungry Wraith's chest. He then hit the aperture on his belt and tagged out to Johnathan, as he quickly backed away from the Wraith he just provoked. Johnathan, now Blazing Soul, hit the aperture on his belt as he charged up the Energy Sword. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: I'm sorry about your condition, stuck between living and dead, but I'm about to solve that problem! BLAZING SOUL SLASH!

Blazing Soul hit the Wraith with two slashes, forming an "X" and walked away as the Wraith exploded. The Wraith's spirit energy entered the aperture of both Soul Drivers. Blake felt a flash of confidence as he stood up and locked hands with the attacking Wraith, holding it off long enough for Ash to aim his shot. 

Kamen Rider Ash: You're going to want to duck! ASHEN BURST!

All six chambers fired at once, sending a powerful blast at the Wraith that took its head off, causing it to explode as well, and more spirit energy to power up Blazing Soul, who was by now rushing the third Wraith. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: BLAZING SOUL KICK!

An explosive kick from Blazing Soul pierced through the third horrid creature, causing it to go up as well. 

Blake: It's a good thing you can see me! You could've taken my head off too, Asher! 

Kamen Rider Ash: I'm a crack shot, or I was. I could've been a little rusty. 

Blake: RUSTY?!

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: How are we going to get this door open? I mean Blake, you and I could get through, but Ash is-

Kamen Rider Ash: Allow me to take care of the door.

Ash lit up his revolver once again and blasted open the door. In the process Kamen Rider Blazing Soul passed from Johnathan to Blake once again. Blake noticed something as Ash shot the door. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Asher, your scarf is deteriorating every time you do something drastic. Something we need to know? 

Kamen Rider Ash: It's the price I pay for being led astray. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Too cryptic bro, you gotta be specific. 

Kamen Rider Ash: I'm burning through my life energy to get this job done. I am on borrowed time. The way I recharge, it's…unavailable to me now. That's why we need to be quick about this. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: You sure you want to go through with this? 

Kamen Rider Ash: It is my mission, my life's work. Yes, I want to see this through. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: I think you should power down and stay behind me until absolutely necessary. 

Kamen Rider Ash: Very well.

Ash powered down, and revealed to Blake and Johnathan that his hands were giving off ashes, and his hair was turning white. 

Asher: Normally I wrap them when they get this bad, but time is of the essence. Try not to look at them?

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: I…I can't help it. No promises. Let's go.

Victor Faust watched Asher and Blazing Soul leave the room, drawing closer to his location. His plan to stop them there had failed, but he stopped to think about things.

Victor Faust: Wait…why did we have those there in the first place? Why did I know they were there? I never authorized- oh my head.

Victor stood up and went to pour himself a drink. He looked at the other monitors and noticed that Dimitri was no longer laid out in front of the building. 

Victor Faust: Dimitri won't let us down. Us? In any case, I welcome a chance to meet those that killed my brother, and nearly destroyed OUR DREAM! 

Victor shattered the glass in his hand. He looked up into a mirror as he picked the glass shards out of his skin, and caught sight of himself in the mirror. For a brief moment, he didn't recognize himself, which put him into a panic and a trance. 

Victor Faust: Open the gate. Open the gate. Open the gate. Open the- WHAT IS GOING ON  WITH ME!? He's doing it! Kamen Rider Soul! MURDERER!

In the depths of the building, Agent West was still trying to come to grips with what she was seeing. 

Agent West: I-I-I just-

Maggie Faust: I understand that you have a lot to process here, but the man you think is Blake Faust simply can not be. His body is right here. 

Agent West: He looks exactly the same! How? 

Dr. Hegel: We crafted this unit to sustain him with energy collected from the first portal opening. We didn't expect it would keep him young and strong. No atrophy and no need for food or water. He's just been perfectly preserved in stasis. He is a time capsule of the events of ten years ago. 

Agent West: Does Victor know about this?! 

Maggie Faust: Does my workaholic son bordering on a breakdown know that his brother is down here? Absolutely not. After the events ten years ago, I had him brought here, and a select few have knowledge or access. I may no longer be in charge of the day to day of Geist Corporation, but I still have enough influence for this much at least. 

Agent West: But Hegel is in on this?! After everything that's happened?! 

Dr. Hegel: I didn't intend for the horrific consequences. After my recovery, I was put to work on Cemetery Wind, getting the weapons and prototype SD-102 belt ready. However, I have always had loyalty to Ms. Faust, and her ideals. I'm trying to atone for a horrible mistake I've made. The mistake itself wasn't that I opened the gate, but that I didn't check to make sure someone hadn't sabotaged it. 

Agent West: Sabotage?

Several floors up, Blazing Soul and Asher were making their way up flights of stairs, attempting to reach the top of the building. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: While I have you here, this lens you gave Johnathan to kill me, where did you get it? 

Asher: I only intended that when I thought you were a malicious Wraith. It's an ancient lens meant to filter more powerful energy coming through the aperture. The Magnus Foundation had it kept secretly for two hundred years, and-

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul and Asher reached an impasse.  A hallway with an energy barrier blocking passage through. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: They sure want to keep us out. You want to get to the other side and turn it off Johnny boy? 

Johnathan Angel: I can't! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: What? 

Johnathan Angel: This energy, I can't pass through it. I can't phase through the walls or ceiling either. Not even the floor! It's generated through everything. 

Asher: This could be an issue. 

Dimitri: For you, it's an issue. For me, it's the perfect set up. I have you trapped, and against the wall. No more running, no more hiding, and no more games. Blake, I'm going to send you to Hell where you belong! 

Dimitri: Heh. Henshin.

To Be Continued…

Last edited by Machismo (4/27/2024 12:05 am)

4/28/2024 12:50 am  #16

Episode 16: Soul vs. Geist Answers Revealed!

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul and Asher found themselves backed into a corner by Kamen Rider Geist, who had proven adept at matching them in combat, at least in the living realm. However, the energy barrier made it a disadvantage to try and fight him in the Death Realm. 

Johnathan Angel: This isn't good. I've seen this guy before, standing next to the the Geist CEO Victor Faust. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Faust? Faust. Faust. 

Asher: Are you alright? 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Something about that name. 

Kamen Rider Geist: You have caused enough damage, and gotten in the way of my plans for the last time Blake! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: I don't know what you're talking about, but we're here for answers, and if I have to go through you to get them, then I'm going to! You matched up with Soul, but let's see how you do when I'm BLAZING!

Blazing Soul charged forward with rapid speed and threw a punch at Geist, who easily caught it. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Oh. You're gonna do just fine!

Geist kicked Blazing Soul into the barrier wall, which sparked on his back. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Yep! I can feel that! I can definitely feel that! 

Johnathan Angel: I don't understand! How was he able to deflect him?! 

Asher: This…technological sorcery…it must be weakening your connection. I will transform and-

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: No! We can't have you dying on us!

Blazing Soul ran forth again, with determination to break through Geist's defenses, but his speed wasn't up to snuff and Geist was able to deflect him once again, tossing Soul into the barrier and causing even more sparks to fly. Meanwhile, in the basement of the Geist building…

Agent West: There! Did you see it!? 

Maggie Faust: See what? 

Agent West: He twitched! 

Maggie Faust: He what?! 

Dr. Hegel: I didn't see it. 

Agent West: Watch closely! There, he did it again! 

Maggie Faust: My word, you're right. 

Dr. Hegel: He hasn't moved in ten years! Why now? 

Agent West: It has to have something to do with Soul! It just has to! 

Maggie Faust: I want to know who that is, and why he has my son's belt. The day of the accident…he didn't have it on him when I found him. Soul might be the saboteur. 

Agent West: …Could he be?

Agent West pulled out her energy gun and charged it up. 

Agent West: I'm going to go find out. 

With each passing moment, the barrier sapped away at Blazing Soul's strength, weakening his connection to the Death Realm and leaving him at a severe disadvantage. Despite his best efforts, Kamen Rider Blazing Soul found himself outmatched by the sheer power of Kamen Rider Geist. With each blow, Geist battered Blazing Soul relentlessly, his attacks fueled by a darkness and spite that coursed through his veins. Blazing Soul fought back with all his might, but the odds were stacked against him.

Kamen Rider Geist: Can you feel it Blake? The power leaving you? That's how you made me feel, when you took what belonged to me! You took the life that meant for me! You took the crown, the glory, and the name that was meant for ME!

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: I don't know what you're talking about! 

Kamen Rider Geist: LIAR!

As the battle raged on, the energy barrier continued to weaken Blazing Soul's resolve, draining him of his fiery energy and leaving him vulnerable to Geist's onslaught. With each passing moment, Blazing Soul felt himself growing weaker, his connection to the Death Realm fading with each blow he endured.

Kamen Rider Geist: Do you still deny what you are? WHO you are? 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: WHO AM I?! TELL ME! 

Kamen Rider Geist: Heh. Could it actually be? Do you honestly have no idea who you are? You were never this stupid before. Could it be that you're so stubborn, that even as an amnesiac you're COMPELLED to stand in my way? You truly don't know who you are?

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: That's what I keep telling you! 

Kamen Rider Geist: Well, who am I, to illuminate you.

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Illuminate this!

Blazing Soul used Geist's energy sword to cut an X into the fabric of reality in front of him. He tapped his belt to charge the aperture, and rushed the X with his knee sending it flying towards Kamen Rider Ash. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: BLAZING CROSS!

Blazing Soul hit his most powerful attack, but in the weakened state he was in, the energy was blocked and deflected by Geist. 

Kamen Rider Geist: Is that the best you can do? You thought that could beat me? 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: No, I thought it could get me through your defense! 

Kamen Rider Geist: Huh?

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul grabbed Geist, and hit the aperture on his belt, switching places with Johnathan, while still holding a now weakened Geist. 

Kamen Rider Geist: What are you do- Blake…so you ARE dead! Let go of me! 

Blake: No! Help me out Johnathan! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Right!

The duo kept Geist locked up, with the Death Realm quickly sapping the energy from his suit. 

Blake: We've seen what the Death Realm does to your suit! It's not like ours. Accept no substitutes! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: You better start talking! 

Kamen Rider Geist: NO! I-I'll simply power down and return to the living realm! 

Blake: Where you'll be incapacitated

Kamen Rider Geist: YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME AGAIN BLAKE! 

Blake: Tell me who I am! What did I do to you?! 

Kamen Rider Geist: You were the one they chose to be Soul! You took my life's ambitions! I hate you for that Blake Faust! 

Blake: …Faust?

Blake let go of Geist, and he powered away from Blazing Soul, just as his suit began to malfunction. He returned to the realm of the living just in time, and powered down the barrier walls so he could make his escape. Johnathan Angel appeared in the living realm right behind him, and he and Asher made sure to clear the barrier wall should it go back up. 

Dimitri: I HATE YOU BLAKE FAUST! 

Asher: Spirit Detective, what happened to the ghost? 

Johnathan Angel: He…he just got some shocking news. I don't know where he went. 

Asher: What shocking news?

Victor Faust was watching from the monitor as Dimitri ran off. He hadn't seen the fight in the Death Realm, but he heard the words of Dimitri as he ran. 

Victor Faust: What?!

Victor stood up. He felt light headed, as he replayed the footage. 

Victor Faust: …Brother?

In the basement lab, Maggie Faust held her hand to her mouth and looked at the footage and then back over to her comatose son. 

Maggie Faust: What? That…that doesn't make any sense. 

Dr. Hegel: Mam, it's possible. We've seen it before. It's very possible that-

Maggie Faust: Oh no, Ashley!

Agent West ran down the hallway with her gun at the ready. 

Agent West: I'm going to get to the bottom of this once and for all!

She thought back as she ran, to that day ten years ago, the day of the accident. Young Ashley West was running to see the big experiment kick off, but then she remembered the arguing, the screaming, and the explosion. She narrowly avoided the debris that flung into the hallway, but security guard Gus wasn't as lucky. Ashley was in a state of shock, lightheaded and dizzy as the ringing in her ears gave way to panic and shouting. She stumbled into what was the chamber housing the gate to the Death Realm, and found a yelling Victor, screaming for his brother. 

Victor Faust: Blake!? Blake! Where did you go!? BLAKE! 

Dimitri helped Victor to his feet and pulled him away from the broken gate. 

Dimitri: Step back Victor. It could still be dangerous. 

Victor Faust: My brother stepped into that thing! Where is he?! What happened?! 

Dimitri: We need to get you out of here now! 

Victor Faust: Ashley! Ashley, I'm sorry! I don't know what happened!

Ashley was still in shock as Victor was carried past her. She surveyed the area as the horror washed over her. Back in the present, Agent West grew more angry. 

Agent West: Whoever has that belt killed Blake. They're the saboteur, and they're going to pay!

To Be Continued…

Last edited by Machismo (4/28/2024 12:52 am)

4/30/2024 1:48 am  #17

Episode 17: Separate Ways, Worlds Apart!

Johnathan Angel and Asher were moving much more slowly through the halls now that they were not transformed. They narrowly avoided a cadre of Geist Security and kept out of sight from the security cameras. 

Johnathan Angel: Bad timing for this huh? 

Asher: Blake just had a stunning revelation. 

Johnathan Angel: I can't believe he's the brother of Geist CEO Victor Faust. That would mean he's been dead for ten years, ever since that day. Huh.

Asher: What? 

Johnathan Angel: He died the same day my parents died. 

Asher: What exactly happened that day?

Johnathan Angel: Something Geist did. They created a massive wave that burst through the city, and caused my parent's to crash into a lake. I was narrowly saved by…someone. They were there one moment, and then gone the next. I never found out who it was that saved me. 

Asher: And then you could see ghosts? 

Johnathan Angel: For a long time yeah, and then suddenly I couldn't, until the day I met Blake. 

Asher: Fascinating. 

Johnathan Angel: Now I want to know more about your story. 

Asher: That would take far too long to explain here, but I promise you an explanation when it's all over. 

Johnathan Angel: I'm going to hold you to that. 

Asher: We're almost to the top floor. I'm hoping that Blake will meet us there. We may need him for this. 

Johnathan Angel: We're just trying to get some answers. 

Asher: Yes, but I suspect something the more we travel through this massive tower. The last time…I was in active service, a gate was being opened between the realms, and it wasn't just the work of man behind it. Dark and vile forces exist in the land beyond. That place is built on the malice and hatred of humanity. When you die, you leave all that behind you as you pass on, but where does it go? Now you know. 

Johnathan Angel: Wow. That's a lot to think about. 

Asher: That's where the Wraith come from. They are born of those malevolent forces, but that doesn't mean that's all that exists in that realm. Beings…existed there long before we populated it. The Magnus Foundation designated them as "Master Wraith", and they had grander intentions than just escape. They wanted free passage between the two worlds. The cult of Balaam nearly succeeded. Magnus and I managed to stop them.

Johnathan Angel: Yeah, I definitely need to hear all about this when it's over. 

Asher: If Blake does not return, I will transform again. I will give my life to protect you. It's the least I can do for what I tried to make you do. 

Johnathan Angel: Asher, we're all reaching around in the dark right now. Mistakes are bound to happen. If you need forgiveness, you have it alright? You've done more than enough. 

Asher: My thanks to you.

The two continued on their way to the top of the building, as Victor Faust poured over footage in his office, replaying a moment over and over again. 

Victor Faust: Why? Why would he say that? Is my brother still alive? Blake?

Victor thought back to ten years ago, as a much younger Victor ran through the halls of the Geist building looking for his brother. He found him speaking to Gus the security guard. 

Blake Faust: Listen Gus, today is the big day, and when Ashley comes running in, I want you to make her go through the security check. 

Gus: Ha! You're a prankster sir! That's going to drive her crazy! You know her, she's going to want to barge right in and see you. 

Blake Faust: Sir? Please, my father was a "sir", I'm just Blake. It's gonna be hilarious. 

Gus: You got it si- Blake. 

Blake Faust: Better! Haha! 

Victor Faust: Blake! 

Blake Faust: There's my little bro! How ya doin kid? 

Victor Faust: I'm excited! Today's the big day, right? 

Blake Faust: That's right! 

Victor Faust: Can I see it? Can I see it? 

Blake Faust: Ha! I suppose so, but just one more time.

Blake and Victor went into a large room where an imposing gate was erected against the wall. On a nearby table, was a silver briefcase. Blake opened it up to reveal two belts inside, the Soul Drivers. 

Blake Faust: There it is buddy. The SD-101! That's what is going to keep me safe on the other side! 

Victor Faust: So when you put it on you're going to become a Kamen Rider? A hero?! 

Blake Faust: I don't know about a hero, but yes, we've designated it Kamen Rider Soul. 

Victor Faust: How come there are two belts?

Blake Faust: That is how they were found before we restored them. They seem connected in a way, so we keep 'em together. Besides, it's always handy to have a backup right? 

Victor Faust: Maybe I could wear that one, and we could BOTH be Kamen Riders! 

Blake Faust: That would be awesome! The Faust Brother Kamen Riders! 

Victor Faust: Yeah! 

Blake Faust: When you're a little older, we'll see about that alright? 

Victor Faust: I wish I could go with you! 

Blake Faust: To be honest, it is a little scary. I'm stepping into something wondrous, yet strange. We've never seen anything like it before. However, I won't be alone. You'll be with me, even if you're not there. Just like I want you to know little bro, that I'm with you wherever you go. I love ya kiddo.

Victor snapped back to the present, as the door opened to his office. A bloody and angry Dimitri composed himself as he approached his boss. 

Dimitri: The situation is getting out of hand. We may need you to evacuate the building sir. 

Victor Faust: Not so fast Dimitri. We need to talk. You think I didn't see what you were doing? You think I didn't hear you? "I hate you Blake Faust", what did you mean by that? 

Dimitri: … I hate…that he left us in this vulnerable position regarding the SD-101 unit. 

Victor Faust: LIAR! You've been loyal to me all of these years, don't start lying to me now! 

Dimitri: And what makes you think I haven't been lying to you before. 

Victor Faust: Excuse me? You never talk to me like that. You normally understand who you serve! 

Dimitri: I know who I serve, and it isn't you Victor, not really. It never has been. The petulant boy that thought he could control the empire. Pathetic! You spent your childhood looking up to a failure, and turned out to be one yourself. I can't say I'm surprised. You're not really in charge of Geist either. The one really in charge of all of this is right…..here.

Dimitri pushed Victor's head back with his finger, and the Geist CEO immediately fell to his knees in pain. 

Victor Faust: Open the gate….open the gate….open the ga- STOP! WHAT IS THAT?! 

Dimitri: The voice that compelled you to recreate the project from ten years ago. That voice comes from the force that lives inside of you.  The one who laid in wait, for a night just like this. 

Victor Faust: NOOOOOO!!!

Several floors down, Agent West went into the armory for Geist Security. She opened a box labeled prototype and pulled out a set of goggles. They resembled night vision goggles, but they served a different purpose. She ran back out of the armory with the goggles on and gun at the ready. 

Agent West: Come on out imposter! You monster! You killer!

Blake was wandering the very same floor. He looked around the empty hallways, and heard faint echoes all around him. Memories of the sounds he once heard walking those very corridors. 

Blake: My name is Blake Faust. I've been here before. I worked here. What happened to me? I don't-

The staggering ghost looked up to see Agent West, but continued walking away, thinking she couldn't see him, until he felt the blazing energy of her gun hit him in the arm. 

Blake: Ow! Ow?! You can see me?! 

Agent West: Don't move Wraith! These goggles give off your spectral signature! If you try to leave, I can and will follow you! Do not move! 

Blake: …How do they have that? Must be one of the protocols from Cemetery Wi- how do I know that? It's starting to come back. Wait, why is she shooting at me! She doesn't know who I am! She sees a signature. Uh…I got it!

Blake started performing the hand movements and motions he would do as Java Coffington, which caught Agent West off guard. 

Agent West: Ah-wh-what are you doing? That's what the mascot was doing? What game are you playing here!?

Blake quickly held up the X with his hands in a panic like he had done with Agent West before, which caught her off guard so much she tried to hold back a laugh. 

Blake: Alright, disarming the situation. She's so familiar to me. I know her…oh I know her so well and yet…I can't figure it out. How can I- wait I got it!

Blake held up his hand, telling her to wait, as he walked over to a white board on the wall. He concentrated with everything he had and grabbed the marker. It was easy for him to occupy the suit of Java Coffington, but being able to manipulate objects precisely from one realm to the next required all the power he had acquired fighting alongside Johnathan. He started to write on the board. 

Agent West: "Ashley, please don't shoot." Who are you?! "Blake Faust?" Impossible! You can't be! I've seen Blake! He's alive! 

Blake: What?!

Agent West: You tried to fool me before, but I know that he's alive, so I'm going to ask again. WHO ARE YOU?!

Blake: …I'm alive…but how-

Agent West: I'm going to give you five seconds to answer me! No more games! You pretended to be someone that means everything to me! Someone I thought was dead for ten years! Someone I love! 

Blake: Someone you lo- wait…ASHLEY! 

Agent West: I-I heard that! I heard my name. It really did sound like-

Suddenly, a group of Geist Security guards rushed around the corner with goggles and guns at the ready. They immediately opened fire on Blake and struck him multiple times. 

Agent West: What?! No! Wait! HOLD YOUR FIRE!

As the guards stopped shooting, Agent West could see the ghost staggering. The guns were meant to pierce through the spectral energy, and they seemed to have done their job. 

Agent West: Oh…oh no.

Blake staggered over to her, as tears began to form in her eyes. He reached out, and gently wiped her tears away. For a brief moment, through the goggles, she could make out her face, smiling at her, before he fell backwards, and went straight through the floor. 

Agent West: Blake! 

Agent Green: Sorry Agent West, but we had orders to-

Agent West: WHO GAVE YOU THAT ORDER?! 

Agent Green: Uh…the boss himself? Straight from Victor Faust.

Agent West stared up at the video camera watching her every move. She quickly turned her gun up and shot it out, before rushing off in a rage. In the basement Maggie Faust looked on in shock as she saw the name on the whiteboard before Agent West shot out the camera. She quickly ran over and looked at her son in the stasis pod. 

Maggie Faust: My sweet boy…is it really true? Have you-

Blake Faust suddenly opened his eyes. 

Maggie Faust: *gasp*

To Be Continued…

Last edited by Machismo (4/30/2024 1:50 am)

5/01/2024 3:38 am  #18

Episode 18: Confrontation on the Top Floor!

A Geist Security member lay unconscious on the ground, as a card only elevator closed on Johnathan Angel, clad the stolen uniform, alongside Asher, who caught sight of himself in the closing elevator doors. 

Asher: I look like a dreadful sight, don't I?

Johnathan Angel: I uh…I've seen worse?

Asher: You see the dead though. 

Johnathan Angel: Y-Yeah. Sorry.

Asher: Heh. It's the price I pay. I swore to protect the world from the Wraith. This place, they tried to undo all that work. Have to stop them from doing it again. 

Johnathan Angel: If we run into trouble up here-

Asher: I'll do what I have to do. I may not look like it, but I have plenty of fight left in me. 

Johnathan Angel: I sure hope so. I'm not used to doing this without Blake. 

Asher: I'm sure he'll come back. I mean how well do you know him?

Johnathan Angel: Not very well to be honest, and suddenly that situation got a lot more confusing.

Asher: Oh…well…let's try and keep our hopes up?

Johnathan Angel: Gee, that's reassuring. 

Asher: So this device is taking us to the top of the building?

Johnathan Angel: This device? How old are you?

Asher: …Old.

Johnathan Angel: Right.

As the elevator doors slid open with a soft chime, Johnathan Angel and Asher stepped out into the expansive executive office suite. The room was bathed in the warm glow of recessed lighting, casting long shadows across the sleek, modern furnishings. At the center of the room, behind a massive mahogany desk, sat Victor Faust, the enigmatic CEO of Geist. His sharp gaze met theirs as they entered, his expression unreadable as he gestured for them to step forward. The air was charged with tension as Johnathan and Asher approached, their footsteps echoing softly against the polished marble floor. They exchanged a quick glance, a silent reassurance passing between them as they prepared to face whatever challenges lay ahead. For a moment, there was silence, broken only by the faint hum of electronics and the distant sounds of the city beyond the window. And then, finally, Victor Faust spoke, his voice calm and measured as he addressed them with an air of authority.

Victor Faust: Welcome gentlemen. I trust you understand the gravity of the situation we find ourselves in. Two men, breaking into my facility, and incapacitating my men, damaging my property, and barging into my office. You certainly have fortitude, but I believe you to be mad all at once. So what is it that you want? 

Johnathan Angel: I-I-I'm-

Victor Faust: I know who you are. Johnathan Angel, "Spirit Detective" working out of Cafe Noir. I've had eyes on you for weeks. I know less about your friend here, but the two of you have been behind my recent headaches. 

Johnathan Angel: We're simply cleaning up a mess we believe was caused by Geist! We came to get to the bottom of it. We knew it would be subterfuge otherwise, so we took the direct approach. 

Victor Faust: Very direct. Message received. You want to know the truth of things? The truth is, Geist has had a vision, to change the world, through an unlimited energy source. That you may have heard rumors about. That's what has gone wrong, but it's a minor set back on a grand vision. If you would have stepped out of the way and let us do what must be done, then-

Johnathan Angel: Step out of the way? I've seen what your team was capable of. It required more! 

Victor Faust: Ah yes, and that was your responsibility? Why? Because you have my brother's belt? 

Johnathan Angel: Your brother's-

Victor Faust: And just HOW did you acquire it in the first place!? Huh? Were you there that day? Did you steal it? DID YOU DESTROY THE GATE!? 

Johnathan Angel: What? Are you referring to ten years ago? I was just a kid! I was with my parents when your experiment went wrong and led to their deaths! 

Asher: Tell us what happened? What happened ten years ago, and what happened more recently!

Victor Faust: Heh. Very well, I guess you earned that much tonight didn't you? Fifteen years ago, while excavating, Geist came across writings, pictures, and ancient technology that was far advanced, and it spoke of another realm. It spoke of a realm of death, but the energy from that very same realm could also be used for life. It could be used to produce limitless energy for humanity. We spent the better part of five years developing and retrofitting the technology, and preparing to access it. The SD-101, the belt you wear around your waist, was an upgrade to the technology we found, made to perfectly contain the user and protect them from this Death Realm. Ten years ago, we attempted to open the gate, and send someone through, my brother. My brave brother stepped through the aperture, but then the gate suddenly exploded. There was confusion…so much shouting…so much panic. In the chaos his body was found, but the belts, both of them, went missing. Now I find one on you. I find that very very interesting. 

Johnathan Angel: An explosion…to the gate…that opened a path to the Death Realm?! That's what killed my parents?! Your careless experiments have led to deaths and possessions! People out there, trapped in the Death Realm, while evil beings control their bodies like puppet masters! You couldn't help yourselves! You had to do it again! You had to repeat the same mistakes! 

Victor Faust: YES! I HAD TO! I HAD NO CHOICE! 

Johnathan Angel: What?

It was only then, that Johnathan really got a good look at Victor, and saw it behind his eyes. 

Johnathan Angel: Wait…Asher, can you-

Asher: I can see it. Spectral energy. It's hidden better than the average Wraith, but make no mistake-

Johnathan Angel: He's possessed by a Wraith! 

Victor Faust: Heh. It's the perfect fusion really. I didn't want him ending up like those husks you witnessed earlier. I only took the minimal amount of life energy needed to sustain the partnership. I hid in the back of his mind, in the subconscious, where I influenced him with a simple message. Open….the gate. It took ten years, but we're used to waiting a long time aren't we Asher? 

Asher: You know me? Just who are you really? 

Victor Faust: Oh no, I've given you enough for free. The rest-

Victor stepped out from behind his desk, and revealed that he had possession of the SD-102 Geist Driver. 

Victor Faust: The rest you have to fight for. 

Victor Faust: Henshin. 

Johnathan Angel: Oh no, we-

Asher: HENSHIN!

Johnathan Angel: ASHER?! 

Kamen Rider Ash: STAND BACK! I'll HANDLE THIS!

With a sudden surge of aggression, Kamen Rider Geist lunged forward, his movements swift and deadly as he unleashed a flurry of blows against Kamen Rider Ash. Ash pulled out his revolver and fired at Geist, but the Wraith possessed Geist moved with supernatural speed. As the battle raged on, the two warriors clashed with relentless ferocity, their every movement a blur of speed and skill. The sleek, modern furnishings of the office suite became weapons in their hands, as they utilized desks and chairs to block and counter each other's strikes.

Johnathan Angel: This isn't good! Asher doesn't have much left in the tank! Where are you Blake?

At the same time, the elevator behind Johnathan opened up, and out stepped Agent West, with her gun drawn. She was quickly taken aback by the fight she was witnessing, but stopped to find Johnathan Angel watching the bout as well. She ran over to him and held up her gun.

Agent West: What is happening here?! 

Johnathan Angel: Whoa! Stand down! I'm not going to do anything! 

Agent West: WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?! 

Johnathan Angel: Your boss is possessed by a Wraith! 

Agent West: What? Spectral incursion? But this building and Geist staff were given equipment to-

Johnathan Angel: Ten years ago. He's been possessed for ten years! 

Agent West: That's…impossible.

With each passing moment, the intensity of the battle grew, as Kamen Rider Ash tapped into the fiery energy of his soul to fuel his attacks, but as the fight wore on, Kamen Rider Ash's scarf began to smolder, the fabric burning away bit by bit as he sacrificed more and more of his life energy to fuel his attacks. But he refused to back down, his determination unwavering as he fought with all his might against the Wraith's influence.

Kamen Rider Ash: ASHEN BURST!

Kamen Rider Ash fired at Geist, who blocked the shot, but as he did, Agent West could see it, the spectral energy that overwhelmed Victor's body for a split second. 

Agent West: …He ordered them to fire. 

Johnathan Angel: What? 

Agent West: You knew Blake didn't you? He was the ghost I'd see you talking to. 

Johnathan Angel: How many people were watching me!? 

Agent West: Victor, or the Wraith possessing Victor, ordered Geist Security to fire on Blake! 

Johnathan Angel: They fired on him?! 

Agent West: I-I saw him. For a moment, I saw him, and then he was gone. 

Johnathan Angel: Oh no.

Ash blasted Geist with his powerful attack, but Geist fended it off once again, and grabbed Ash by the throat, before tossing him out the window. Asher was de-powered as he hung on for dear life, the broken glass cutting his ash covered hands. 

Kamen Rider Geist: Where is your strength Asher? Where has it gone? It was always borrowed from us wasn't it? You thought you could steal from a devil and get away with it?! 

Asher: Wait…is that you….Balaam!?

Kamen Rider Geist: Hahaha! You look so decepid, yet your mind is still sharp. Maybe you should have been the detective! You've lived a long life Asher. TIME TO DIE!

Agent West drew her gun at Geist ready to fire, when suddenly the elevator made a ding. Everyone stopped to look behind them. 

Kamen Rider Geist: Who else wishes to die tonight?!

Blake: I've tried being dead, I didn't much care for it. Think I'll choose life. 

Johnathan Angel: BLAKE?! 

Agent West: Blake…

Kamen Rider Geist: B-B-Brother?

Kamen Rider Geist powered down, as Victor Faust began to resist the Wraith within. 

Victor Faust: Brother, you're alive? 

Blake: I'm sorry I left you alone all this time Victor. I let something evil control you all of this time. Forgive me. 

Victor Faust: Brother, I-I-I can't fight it. Help me! I felt…so alone. 

Blake: Didn't I tell you once, I'd always be with you. Johnny boy, are you ready for this? 

Johnathan Angel: Huh? Yeah, absolutely! But will it still work? 

Blake: I don't know. 

Johnathan Angel: Yeah, that sounds like you. 

Belt: THROUGH THE LENS OF LIFE, I FACE DEATH.

Blake: HENSHIN!

The apertures of both Soul Driver's opened up, as Johnathan found himself transported to the Death Realm, just like before. This time the armor formed around a living Blake Faust, transforming him into-

Belt: Riding the line between life and death. This is Kamen Rider Soul.

Victor Faust: HAHAHAHA! You're going to drive the demon from your baby brother?! This isn't a game like it's been before! This isn't some random Wraith you're dealing with. I AM BALAAM, and I will bring HELL ON EARTH, stepping over your corpse to make it happen! 

Kamen Rider Soul: Well? What are you waiting for?

Victor Faust: HENSHIN!

Soul glanced over at Agent West, before pulling out his energy sword and charging at Geist. Geist grabbed up a Geist Energy Sword of his own and the two collided in an explosion of power and steel. 

To Be Continued…

Last edited by Machismo (5/01/2024 3:39 am)

5/03/2024 8:02 am  #19

200 Years Ago…

Kamen Rider Ash stood at the buried ruins of the Wraith Temple, the altar to the Master Wraith known as Balaam. He was soon approached by the regal Kamen Rider Magnus, his cape blowing in the breeze and he placed his sword into the ground. 

Kamen Rider Ash: It's done sir. 

Kamen Rider Magnus: We've stopped him today, but Balaam is one of the most persistent. He will truly attempt to breach the realms again with a gate. This one took him centuries to construct. I doubt this is his final attempt. 

Kamen Rider Ash: If only we could have destroyed him once and for all! You were far more powerful than he was! 

Kamen Rider Magnus: In the living realm that is true, but where they come from, I would burn out far too quickly. We must find the key that bridges the two realms if we're to finally be rid of these vile and wicked Wraith once and for all. Until then, we must remain vigilant. 

Kamen Rider Ash: I will give my life to hunt the Wraith. No matter what it takes.

As the two Riders spoke, a member of the Magnus Foundation slowly crept away, his eyes glowing with the power that could only come from the Master Wraith Balaam.

Episode 19: All Out Battle! Kamen Rider Soul vs. Kamen Rider Geist!

People began to fill the streets of Hanta City, as the security quickly cut off access to the Geist building. Lizbeth ran up, as far as she could get, before being stopped by an Agent putting up caution tape. 

Geist Agent: Stop right there mam, that's as close as we can let you get. 

Lizbeth: I don't understand! What's wrong? What's going on here? 

Geist Agent: None of your concern mam, now please leave the scene. Everyone needs to disperse right now. 

Lizbeth: Excuse me? I don't think so! We've heard the explosions! We've seen the shattered glass! You guys say you're keeping us safe, but with all the strange things going on lately, I think it's time for some answers! 

Geist Security: I said to disperse! 

Lizbeth: No! I won't do it! My friend might be in there! 

Geist Security: Pardon?

Lizbeth: That's his bike right there! I'd know anywhere! That's my friend, well more like my tenant really, and rent is due so if you could just-

Geist Security: We have a situation over here! 

Lizbeth: Wait what? 

Geist Security: Take her inside for questioning now! 

Lizbeth: Hey! Hold on! I could be wrong! A lot of people have motorcycles! Hey! Let me go! Johnathan HELP!

In the opulent executive office of Geist, the air surged with tension as Kamen Rider Soul and Kamen Rider Geist faced off against each other. The sleek, modern furnishings of the office were shattered as the two Riders clashed swords. 

Kamen Rider Geist: Look what your family's legacy has become! Look what has happened to your brother! All because the Fausts decided to play GOD! Well guess what you found on the other side! A DEVIL! 

Kamen Rider Soul: Grr! I'll never apologize for trying to help people! As for the "devil" I'd be happy to recitfy that situation right now!

As the city lights of Hanta City flickered like distant stars, the executive office high became too small a battlefield for the two titans. Soul, wanting to keep Agent West out of harm's way, grabbed up Geist and launched them both into the ceiling and onto the roof above, the very top of the Geist building. As this happened, Maggie Faust and Dr. Hegel exited the elevator to join Agent West. 

Agent West: It's-It's really him! 

Maggie Faust: I can't explain it Ashley, but yes, he's finally woken up! 

Agent West: He fell through the floor. I saw hi- he must have fallen into the subbasement! 

Maggie Faust: What? 

Agent West: He fell all the way down to you and rejoined his body! Blake has been Kamen Rider Soul this whole time! 

Maggie Faust: H-How?

Johnathan Angel: Hey, he's not the only one! Oh wait, they can't hear me.

Johnathan decided it was time to float up and see the action himself. He looked to see Wraith swirling all around the building, as if waiting for their big moment. 

Johnathan Angel: The Wraith were planning to invade the whole time. That was always their plan, and Balaam was behind it! He's the one that led to my parent's deaths!

With a powerful kick, Kamen Rider Soul sent Geist stumbling back, his spectral form flickering under the assault. But Geist was not to be underestimated; with a countermove swift as a shadow, he vanished only to reappear behind his adversary, his strike aimed with lethal precision. The two warriors continued their duel amidst the backdrop of the city skyline, the cool night air whipping around them as they exchanged blow after blistering blow. Sparks flew as their weapons clashed, the sound of metal against metal reverberating through the night.

Kamen Rider Geist: What a lovely spot to have your second death Blake! NOW YOU DIE! RIDER AXE KICK!

Kamen Rider Soul: RIDER SOUL PUNCH!

Soul landed an uppercut to Geist's chest while Geist brought his leg down on Soul's shoulder, causing a large explosion upon their landing. Debris began to fall onto the floor below. 

Dr. Hegel: Perhaps we should get somewhere safer? 

Agent West: I'm not leaving him!

Johnathan Angel: He's not alone.

Agent West suddenly darted her eyes over the window, as the now very aged Asher was hanging by a thread. 

Agent West: Dr. Hegel, help me over here! 

Dr. Hegel: Oh! Uh right! On my way!

West and Hegel managed to pull a very grateful Asher back up, but quickly found he was unable to stand on his own strength. 

Asher: It appears my time is up. I've burned through all of my life energy. 

Agent West: Huh? Life energy? 

Asher: Death energy to be more precise. I was using the power of the Death Realm to-

Agent West: Wait a second, Hegel, didn't you say Blake's chamber was-

Dr. Hegel: Being injected with energy from the Death Realm! Say no more, I know what to do. Come with me…uh…stranger. 

Asher: I don't really have a choice in the matter.

Back on the roof, Soul and Geist rolled out of the way of the explosion they'd caused with their impact. Blake was feeling the pain in his shoulder as he grit his teeth to hold up his sword. With a thunderous crash, their weapons collided, sending sparks flying in all directions. The air hummed with the sound of their strikes, each blow resonating with the power of their respective souls.

Kamen Rider Geist: You can't possibly hope to win. I am a Wraith within this suit. A Master Wraith with a lens all his own, the world is not ready for the horrors I'm about to unleash. 

Kamen Rider Soul: I'll rip you out of that suit and free my brother, even if I have to use my bare hands. I think before I try that though, I'll give this a shot!

Belt: THROUGH THE LENS OF ALCOHOL, I SOAR.

Soul powered up to Spirit Soul, and moved forward with a liquid like speed, as he peppered Geist with kicks and punches, not as powerful as Blazing Soul, but somehow faster, and the alcohol remnants of each hit leaving Geist in flames as they sparked. Finally, Geist caught one of the blows and used his other fist to punch Spirit Soul directly in the lens, shattering it in the process and powering Soul back down. 

Kamen Rider Geist: Hahaha! I've never seen a lens break like that before! How pathetic! 

Kamen Rider Soul: It was synthetic, a gift from friends. This one is the real deal.

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul launched out of the fiery tornado that encapsulated and transformed him, blasting Geist with a Blazing Soul Punch that almost knocked the Master Wraith out of Victor's body. 

Kamen Rider Geist: Blake! Blake, help me! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Victor! 

Kamen Rider Geist: HAHA! TOO EASY!

Geist smashed Blazing Soul so hard that it broke open a section of his mask, exposing a portion of his face. 

Kamen Rider Geist: Can't hide behind being a ghost anymore Blake. You're feeling every bit of this, and I love it. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Pain ain't so bad Balaam. It's reminding me I'm alive, and that feels pretty good right about now.

In the sub basement, Dr. Hegel got Asher to the chamber, and helped him inside. 

Dr. Hegel: This chamber is going to help you…I think. 

Asher: This design, it looks like a modern version of what I was already using. Who designed it? 

Dr. Hegel: That is…uh…classified. 

Asher: You don't know do you?

Dr. Hegel: That's how classified it is.

On the roof, Agent West climbed up to see the battle in progress. She aimed her gun at Geist, ready to fire. Suddenly, Geist turned to her and threw a piece of debris her way. As she staggered back, Blazing Soul jumped into the path and punched it away. 

Agent West: Huh? Blake! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Want to help? Fire when I tell you to. 

Agent West: R-Right!

Blazing Soul ran back towards Geist and jumped into the air. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: RIDER BLAZING KNEE!

Kamen Rider Geist blocked the attack, but barely. He fought with all of his strength to deter Soul, but they were at a stalemate. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: FIRE NOW! 

Kamen Rider Geist: What?!

Agent West fired at Geist, scoring a head shot that knocked him back just enough for Blazing Soul to pierce through his defense and send him flying back. 

Kamen Rider Geist: Brother help me! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Hold on tight Victor. This might hurt. 

Kamen Rider Geist: What?! I can't move! No! Victor! I'm the reason you have power! I gave you an empire. Let me go!

Blazing Soul used his energy sword to cut an X into the fabric of reality in front of him. He tapped his belt to charge the aperture, and rushed the X with his knee sending it flying towards Kamen Rider Geist. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: BLAZING CROSS!

Kamen Rider Geist: NOOOOO!!!

To Be Continued…

Last edited by Machismo (5/03/2024 8:06 am)

5/10/2024 1:06 am  #20

Episode 20: Ride the Soul, Ride the Spirit!

Lizbeth was being dragged away to a nearby tent for interrogation, when a bright light filled the skies above. This caused Geist Security to falter and release her long enough to run away. She too couldn't help but look up to see the bright light, not knowing what was happening above. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul connected with the Blazing Cross, his fiery knee strike smashing through Geist's defenses, as Victor Faust forced his own arms down against the desires of his possessor Balaam. With an inferno torrent of power, Blazing Soul exploded through his opponent, and left Kamen Rider Geist defeated. The broken belt fell to the side as Victor Faust depowered and fell to his knees. He clutched his head in agony, as the Wraith was being forcibly ejected from his body. Blazing Soul ran over to help his brother. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Victor! 

Victor Faust: Brother! Help me! It hurts! 

Johnathan Angel: This is bad. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Hang on Victor, it's almost over! 

Johnathan Angel: Uh Blake? This is really bad. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Get ready Johnathan, you're about to have a fight on your hands. 

Johnathan Angel: Blake! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: What?!

Blazing Soul looked up, and saw Johnathan, which was not unusual, but it was the way he was seeing him. He appeared solid, as if in the same realm. In fact, as Agent West and Maggie Faust ran up to the roof, they too saw him. 

Agent West: Johnathan Angel? 

Johnathan Angel: They can see me! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Why can they see you? 

Johnathan Angel: I think it has something to do with that! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Huh?

Blazing Soul turned around to see a giant malevolent Wraith in the air, carrying an aura around it that seemed to envelop the roof of the Geist building. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: I'd say it's a safe bet! 

Balaam: Hahaha! I am a Master Wraith of the Death Realm, did you think I wouldn't bring with me a portion of my reality, that you all now find yourselves in! From this tower I shall tear asunder the walls keeping the living safe from my kind, and we shall rip apart your world and feed on your living energy! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: I don't think s- 

Johnathan Angel: Blake, you're tired, you're not a ghost anymore. Your armor is cracked. Let me handle this one. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Are you sure? 

Johnathan Angel: This thing is responsible for my parent's deaths. I'm sure of it! This thing killed them! I'm going to make Balaam PAY for what he's done. It's my job as a Spirit Detective to bring justice for the living concerning the matters of the dead. This is my job, and I'm going to carry it out. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: …He's all yours. 

Johnathan Angel: Thank you. 

Johnathan Angel: HENSHIN!

The power of Blazing Soul switched from Blake to Johnathan, as Blake Faust helped up his brother and carried him over to the side. Maggie Faust wished to run over to them both, but Agent West did all she could to keep her out of harm's way. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Balaam, I'm sending you to oblivion, care of Wayne and Elizabeth Angel! 

Maggie Faust: What did he just say?

The night sky seemed to warp and twist around Kamen Rider Blazing Soul as he faced his formidable foe, the malevolent Master Wraith Balaam. The air crackled with dark energy, and a portion of the Death Realm manifested itself, casting an eerie glow over the rooftop. With a sinister laugh, Balaam floated above Blazing Soul, his form shrouded in shadows as he taunted his opponent. The very fabric of reality seemed to bend and distort around him, creating an otherworldly landscape that threatened to overwhelm Blazing Soul. Undeterred, Blazing Soul stood tall, his fiery aura pulsating with determination as he prepared to face this new challenge. With a roar of defiance, he launched himself at Balaam, his blazing fists ready to strike. But Balaam was no ordinary adversary. With a wave of his hand, he summoned tendrils of dark energy that lashed out at Blazing Soul, threatening to ensnare him in their grasp. The Death Realm's influence twisted and warped the rooftop, creating obstacles that hindered Blazing Soul's movements at every turn. With each strike, Blazing Soul felt the oppressive weight of the Death Realm bearing down upon him, sapping away at his strength and resolve. 

Balaam: You think you can fight me in my own realm!? I have control here. I have power! I HAVE DOMINION! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: You're forgetting that I carry life, and that is what you covet more than anything! The power I have inside of me, the power of life and death intertwined, is what's going to beat you, and send you to your end!

Blake: Come on Johnny boy, you've got this.

Summoning the power of his blazing soul, Blazing Soul unleashed a torrent of flames that engulfed Balaam, driving him back with the sheer force of his attack. The Master Wraith howled in agony as the flames licked at his shadowy form, but still, he refused to yield. As the battle raged on, Blazing Soul and Balaam clashed with ever-increasing intensity, their powers colliding in a spectacular display of light and shadow. The rooftop trembled beneath their feet, the very air vibrating with the force of their struggle. Blazing Soul attempted a Blazing Soul Kick, but Balaam knocked him out of the sky with force that sent him hurtling down the building. 

Blake: NO! Johnathan! 

Balaam: HAHAHAHA! That's the best he could do? I doubt you'd fare any better Blake, but I so look forward to draining the life energy from you. One who has spent that much time in the Death Realm, gathering Spirit Energy. You almost lost yourself, almost faded away, until fighting the Wraith brought you back from the brink. How does it feel to taste life again, for a fleeting moment, only to lose it again. 

Blake: …It's a feeling you'll never understand.

Blazing Soul hit the ground hard, the suit being the only thing that kept him alive from such a fall. Inside of the helmet though, he spit up blood, and the red smear blocked his vision. He lay there, fighting the urge to pass out, but that is when his mind drifted back to the past.  

A car was driving along the hillside outside of the city, as rain poured down.Johnathan Angel was playing with a toy in the backseat as his parents Wayne and Elizabeth conversed and laughed in the front seats. However, even then Johnathan had an intuition about these things. The laughter felt forced. The whole trip felt rushed. Suddenly, a large bolt of lighting streaked across the sky, but it wasn't normal. It was a powerful green surge that seemed to come from a building in the city. The bolt went into the sky and lit it up with an array of colors. The sight distracted Wayne, but he tried to keep his eyes on the road. The same couldn't be said for the large, military style truck that was driving on the other side of the road. It strayed across the line, and forced Wayne to move closer to the cliff side of the hill. The slick road quickly took them off the road and down the hill straight into a deep and treacherous lake. The car went down quickly as the car began to fill up with water. The parents both panicked, quickly trying to save their confused son. They managed to get his seat belt off, and opened a door, quickly filling the car even faster. Johnathan escaped, but watched in horror as his parents struggled in vain. As he thought about swimming down after them, he suddenly saw a bright light in front of him, and a hand reaching to pull him out of the water. He could almost make out the figure this time. When he reached out, he couldn't feel the hand, and yet it pulled him out anyways, tossing him up into the air, with a not so subtle landing beside the lake. As Johnathan came to, police and paramedics were reaching the scene. As he looked around, he found himself alone.

He snapped himself back to reality, as he quickly shot up, and saw himself surrounded by people. They could somewhat see him. The effects of the Death Realm above were weaker down here, so he appeared transparent to the people, but he could easily physically make contact with the living world easily, and that helped him decide what he had to do. He ran over to the motorcycle, which he was far more comfortable letting Blake drive, and revved it up. He turned it towards the Geist Corporation building. 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: This is crazy, but then again, so is this whole situation. This is going to work. It's just gotta work. I don't have time to second guess it. Blake is up there! Why am I still questioning myself! Go Johnathan! GO! 

With the roar of his fiery motorcycle reverberating through the night, Kamen Rider Blazing Soul revved the engine and kicked it into high gear. Flames danced along the sleek, black frame of his bike as he accelerated toward the imposing Geist Corporation building, determination burning bright in his eyes. As he neared the towering skyscraper, Blazing Soul didn't slow down. Instead, he tilted the bike upward, defying gravity as he began to drive straight up the side of the building. The flames beneath his wheels left a trail of fire in his wake, illuminating the night sky with their brilliance. With each passing moment, the wind whipped around Blazing Soul, threatening to knock him off course. But he held firm, his grip on the handlebars unwavering as he focused all his energy on reaching the rooftop where Balaam awaited.
The ascent was treacherous, with every inch gained feeling like a battle against the forces of nature itself. But Blazing Soul pressed on, his determination unyielding as he drew closer and closer to his destination. Finally, with a burst of speed, Blazing Soul reached the rooftop of the Geist Corporation building. The flames of his motorcycle blazed even brighter as he skidded to a stop, his eyes narrowing in determination as he prepared to face Balaam once more. With a defiant roar, Blazing Soul leaped from his motorcycle, flames trailing behind him as he landed on the rooftop. The air crackled with energy as he squared his shoulders and prepared to continue the fight against the malevolent Master Wraith. The motorcycle itself blew up on contact with Balaam and knocked him back, as it was still infused with the overwhelming life energy of a champion of justice. 

Blake: Johnathan! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: Let's try this again! Together! 

Blake: Huh? 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: We're in a state of flux right now. I noticed it while I was down at the bottom of the tower. We're between life and death, and I have a theory about that. 

Blake: …I read you. I read you loud and clear! Why not?! Let's try it! 

Balaam: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! 

Belt: THE LENS OF LIFE, I FACE DEATH. 

Blake: HENSHIN!

The transformation was different this time, with the Apertures pulling in the differing energies, it ended up with a different result. Blake was decked out as Kamen Rider Soul, while Johnathan Angel remained Kamen Rider Blazing Soul. 

Balaam: IMPOSSIBLE! 

Kamen Rider Soul: Obviously not! You'd be surprised what the will power of the living can do! You're about to find out first hand! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: You ready?

Kamen Rider Soul: LET'S GO!

They both hit the Apertures on their belts and leaped into the air. Soul propelling forward with a power knee, while Blazing Soul unleashed a fiery kick. 

Kamen Rider Soul: RIDER SOUL KNEE! 

Kamen Rider Blazing Soul: BLAZING SOUL KICK!

Balaam: CURSE YOOOOOU!

With synchronized precision, Kamen Rider Soul and Kamen Rider Blazing Soul surged forward, their movements perfectly coordinated as they launched their devastating double attack against the malevolent Master Wraith Balaam. Kamen Rider Soul led the charge, his form enveloped in a radiant aura as he unleashed the full force of his Rider Soul Knee. With a thunderous roar, he surged toward Balaam, his knee driving forward with blinding speed and ferocity. The air exploded with energy as the attack connected, sending shockwaves rippling through the rooftop. But Kamen Rider Blazing Soul was not far behind, his blazing form streaking through the air like a comet as he unleashed his own attack. With a primal roar, he unleashed the Blazing Soul Kick, channeling the fiery energy of his soul into a devastating blow that collided with Balaam's defenses with explosive force. For a moment, it seemed as though Balaam might withstand the onslaught. The malevolent force surged forward, his dark energy swirling around him as he fought to repel the combined assault of Soul and Blazing Soul. But their determination was unwavering, their resolve unbreakable as they pressed on with relentless determination. With a final surge of strength, Soul and Blazing Soul pushed through Balaam's defenses, their attacks finding their mark with pinpoint accuracy. The rooftop trembled beneath their feet as their combined assault struck true, driving Balaam back with the sheer force of their power. With a deafening roar, Balaam's form began to waver, his dark energy dissipating into the night sky as he was finally vanquished. The air was filled with a sense of triumph as Soul and Blazing Soul stood victorious amidst the wreckage of the rooftop, their fiery spirits burning bright with the flames of victory.

Agent West: They did it! 

Maggie Faust: Oh my word! 

Victor Faust: B-brother!

Kamen Rider Soul and Blazing Soul both landed atop the roof, as the surging power of the Master Wraith was absorbed into their Apertures, forcing them to be temporarily overwhelmed by the massive power they had just absorbed. It was enough to depower them, as they both fell to the ground laughing. 

Johnathan Angel: That….that was insane! 

Blake: I'll say! By the way! The name is Blake Faust. It's nice to finally meet you! 

Johnathan Angel: Huh? 

Blake: Hahaha-

Johnathan Angel: H-hahaha-

Blake and Johnathan Angel: HAHAHAHAHA!

Blake and Johnathan laughed together for the first time, not as Spirit Detective and ghost, but as friends, and two champions of justice that had just vanquished the Master Wraith and saved humanity from the Death Realm. Even in that realm, the Wraith began to retreat from the building, fearing the powerful duo that had just beaten their master. The skies cleared, and peace settled over Hanta City that night. 

Meanwhile, at the mansion overlooking the city, base of the Magnus Foundation, the Overseer stood on the balcony, watching the action play out. Keeping his face concealed, he lowered the binoculars he was using to witness Balaam's demise. 

Overseer: So, Balaam failed in enacting the prophecy.

Another figure walked up behind him. 

Dimitri: It was just as you said. The doomed quest of a would be god. 

Overseer: I'm quite pleased with the results. Now it's our turn, to remake the world in OUR image.

End of Part One…

Last edited by Machismo (5/10/2024 1:07 am)

Board footera