cooltext344077875368357

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/06/2020 12:43 am  #1

Castlevania

New York City - 1998

It was a cold night in NYC. The smoke billowing from the rooftops drifted off into a night sky with a full moon. A bigger, brighter full moon than had been seen in some time. On the streets below, the city was filled with hustle and bustle, even at night. A sea of yellow taxi cabs moving from place to place. One particular cab was pulled into an alleyway, smashed into nearby garbage. A trail of blood from the driver's side door lead to a gruesome scene. A young brunette woman in her evening finest screamed, and backed into the cold brick wall, as a looming figure, tall and slender, yet inhumanly powerful, lifted the portly cab driver up, and ripped into his neck, gorging himself on the blood that spewed forth. When the fountain of blood ran dry, he tossed the corpse to the side, and turned his attention to the woman.

?: Such a wonderful scream. What it must be to be young and alive. I wonder what you'll sound like as your drown in your own blood? Care to find out!?

The woman screamed again, finding the strength to pick herself back up just enough to run down the alley. Tripping on her stilettos, she tossed them aside and continued running, while the laughing of her assailant echoed through the grimy alley, the sound of it seemingly coming from every direction, first from behind her, and then from in front. The woman saw an exit, a way out, but the figure was somehow there first, scraping his hideously long finger nails against the bricks. 

?: Nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide. Your blood, your life, your soul, they are mine now. Mine to consume, and drink upon. My thirst will never be quenched. Never ceasing. Never dying.

Woman: Wha-what are you?!

?: A new resident to this fine city. Oh, but you didn't mean that did you? Heh, well if you insist on knowing, I am the undead, specifically, a vampire.

Woman: A va-vampire?!

Vampire: Fear not, well fear a little, it helps with the taste. You'll find out soon enou-

As the vampire prepared for the kill, a drunken homeless man in a hat and coat stumbled into some nearby trash.

Homeless Man: Oops! Don't ask me to walk a straight line tonight. Don't think I could do it.

The man took a swig from his liquor bottle.

Homeless Man: Where are my manners? Who was a drink?

Woman: Hel-

Vampire: *sigh* We're a little busy here. I suggest you leave now, before my attention turns to you.

Homeless Man: I feel bad about interrupting you with whatever it is you're doing. Here, please have a drink on me.

Vampire: I do not WANT your swill!

Homeless Man: Really, I insist.

The bumbling man suddenly stood upright and tossed the bottle at the feet of the vampire. The contents, splashed up onto him, causing him great pain, and seemingly burning him.

Homeless Man: You'd better run little lady. Don't worry, he's not going to bother you again.

Woman: Th-th-thank you.

The confused woman ran off quickly as the vampire recovered, approaching the man. The dim street lights illuminated to show his burns.

Vampire: Holy water? You had a bottle of holy water? Just who the fuck are you?

Homeless Man: Who me?

The man ripped off his disguise to reveal a younger man with long brown hair, a black trenchcoat, a belt with crosses and other items attached, and a whip that that he unfurled from his coat.

Vampire: Vampire Killer?! Belmont?!

Trevor Belmont: Trevor Belmont. *wink*

The enraged vampire lurched forward as Belmont stepped forward and cracked his legendary whip.

The burned vampire jumped from rooftop to rooftop, trying to get away, as the hunter became hunted. Trevor Belmont tried to catch his breath from running up stairs to try and cut the vampire off. He found himself on the wrong side of the alley, and without hesitation tried jumping across the way to the other rooftop. He fell short and landed directly into a dumpster.

Trevor Belmont: Come on! You've got to be kidding me! Alright, where did go?

Trevor closed his eyes and listened, homing in on the sounds of the fearful vampire, he suddenly snapped his whip at a nearby pipe, and used it to pull himself back up onto the roof tops. He cautiously moved around the roof looking for the vampire, when it suddenly sprang out from behind him. The two grappled over the whip, as the vampire bared his fangs and tried to bite at Belmont. The young man tripped up and fell to the ground, nearly getting bitten in the process. As the fangs came down, Trevor pulled out the cross from his belt and smashed it into the vampire's face, scorching a giant burning symbol of faith on his face.

Trevor Belmont: Cross and Holy Water? How do you like the taste of that? Wish I had some garlic on me.

Vampire: I HATE GARLIC!

Trevor Belmont: That's shame. It goes great on pizza.

Vampire: I'll kill you! I'll tear out your heart!

Trevor Belmont: You want to tear out my heart? Come tear out my heart. Come and get it asshole.

The vampire lurched forward again, picking up inhuman speed as he rushed Belmont, but Belmont pushed him back with his cross and snapped the whip around his neck. He pulled the vampire in with the whip and stabbed him through the chest with the Cross.

Trevor Belmont: Huh, looks like I got your heart first.

Vampire: GAAAAAAH! DAMN YOU BELMONT! You'll-you'll-you'll-

Trevor Belmont: Yeah? I'll what?

Vampire: You'll pay for this! He'll kill you and drain you of blood. He'll kill all of you! The new year will be your last!

Trevor Belmont: Hey look, I DO have some garlic after all. Couldn't hurt your bad BREATH!

Trevor Belmont shoved the clove of garlic into the vampire's mouth as he kicked him away, The vampire fell to the ground and burst into flames. As Trevor cleaned the blood from his hands, an NYPD helicopter suddenly swooped up from below the roof line. A bright light shone onto Belmont as he stood next to the burning corpse.

NYPD: Police! Put your hands behind your head and lay on the ground now!

Trevor Belmont: Heh, I know this LOOKS bad, but-

Trevor suddenly took off, using the whip to reach the next roof, and the one after that, while the helicopter pursued him. The police began to open fire, as Belmont rolled out of the bullet spray just in time, hiding behind a large AC unit, he suddenly saw his way out, jumping across the alley again, onto scaffolding for building repair. The boards broke on impact, and tilted diagonally, helping Belmont slide to the ground, where he rushed through the alleys to lose the helicopter. He finally waved down a taxi cab, and jumped in. The cab rolled away just as the helicopter was catching up, the spotlight missing Trevor's escape.

Cab Driver: You look like you've had a rough night.

Trevor Belmont: Heh, nothing too out of the ordinary.

Cab Driver: Just be careful. It's a full moon tonight. A lot of crazies out in New York on a full moon.

Trevor Belmont: Boy, you're telling me.

Trevor popped the collar of his trench coat, and sat lower in his seat, as police rushed by.

Trevor Belmont: You're telling me.

Later that night, Trevor found himself in his spacious loft, looking over the city. He poured a drink and walked into the bathroom. Turning on the light, he looked at himself in the mirror, bloody and covered in scrapes and scratches. He cleaned himself up, and turned on the television, which had on the end of a news broadcast with footage of his escape.

Trevor Belmont: Whoa, that's me isn't it?

News Anchor: Again, if you know the whereabouts of this man, please report it to the NYPD. This is the same man that is responsible for 4 other slayings in the past two weeks.

Trevor Belmont: It's been a busy month. Already hit the quota, and I didn't even have to go looking that hard. Cheers to me.

News Anchor: Now, we switch from that, to something more lighthearted, as the famed magician and entertainer known as "Tackula" has come all the way from Europe, to call New York City his home. We're joined by him now, via speaker phone.

Trevor spit his drink, as he quickly reached for the remote to turn up the volume and hit record.

News Anchor: Mr. Tackula, it's a pleasure to have you on tonight. We would have been more than happy to conduct this interview live and in person.

Tackula: There is no need for such formalities. Please, do call me Tackula. I would have appeared, but as you know, I'm camera shy. which is why none of my performances have ever been filmed.

News Anchor: That's part of your intrigue. You only appear during your shows, and you really have to see them to believe them. If you're not there live, you don't know what you're missing.

Tackula: Exactly. That is why I do such things. It's all explained in my new best selling book. "Tackula: Not a Vampire". A humorous take on the accusations that I am undead. Can you believe that nonsense? It's just part of the show people. Vampires....I mean really.

News Anchor: Haha, you are quite right. A lot of conspiracies have been brought up about you, but the vampire aesthetic is all part of the show as you said. I read your book, and I absolutely-

Trevor Belmont's rage boiled up, and the sound disappeared from the room, as he transfixed his gaze onto the portraits on the wall. Ancestors of ages past.

Trevor Belmont: Well...he's back, just like you all said he would be. More to the point he's here. He's here, and I'm going to kill him

St. Mary's Cathedral

The next day, Trevor Belmont entered the Cathedral. He lit some candles at the altar of Mary, and clutched at his rosary before entering the confessional booth.

Father: My son, have you come to confess your sins today?

Trevor Belmont: No Father, I'm here to report my progress. One more down.

Father: Well done. Very well done. However, they are concerned. You were seen again. Caught on camera.

Trevor Belmont: Right after he burned up, and they didn't see my face.

Father: It was far too close for comfort.

Trevor Belmont: Father Ignacio, this isn't going to be easy to do in New York City. This isn't whipping zombies in an abandoned castle. I'm not fighting monsters in Romania here. This is the biggest, and busiest city in the world. Why have they come here?

Father Ignacio: ....We don't know. He's never returned like this, as a man on the people.

Trevor Belmont: Did you see him on television last night? He's opening mocking us. That dickhead!

Father Ignacio: Language Trevor. Language.

Trevor Belmont: Right. Forgot where I was.

Father Ignacio: I'd hope you'd remember that no matter where you are.

Trevor Belmont: Father, I just stabbed through a vampire's chest, and pulled out his evil heart. I've seen some sh-stuff. You and the big guy have got to cut me some slack.

Father Ignacio: *sigh* Very well. Perform five Hail Marys, and then step outside. You're going to need help for your next mission, and she just arrived this morning.

Trevor Belmont: She huh? Alright then. Well, what's the mission?

Father Ignacio: Discover the vampire plot. Find out why they are infesting New York City. Above all else....kill Tackula.

Trevor Belmont: Absolutely.

Trevor stepped out of the booth after doing his Hail Marys, and stepped outside into the bright daylight. Standing at the foot of the steps was a young woman, with short, dark hair, and tanned skin. She wore a skirt and dress shirt, but Trevor could tell she wasn't used to wearing anything so formal.

Trevor Belmont: Well well well, they said you'd be here, and here you are. Talk about punctual.

?: You're Trevor Belmont?

Trevor Belmont: The one and only. Well, not the ONLY. My ancestor was named Trevor too, but you get what I'm trying to say. What do I call you?

?: Talia. Talia Belnades.

Trevor Belmont: Belnades? Well, this just got really interesting.

Last edited by Machismo (5/09/2020 5:51 am)

Board footera