cooltext344077875368357

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/02/2024 9:41 pm  #1

SPARKLE: THE SERIES

*In downtown Summers, the SPARKLE Battle Zone was sold out. Jam packed to the rafters with standing room only. For the first time in a very long time, SPARKLE was back on the rise. The wrestling business was finally beginning to the boom again. All thanks to the hard work and efforts of it's newest freshly home grown crop of young up and coming talent.

Backstage at the Battle Zone, the cameras go down the halls, as various members of the production team and backstage crew talk with the many different wrestlers of the SPARKLE roster. The cameras now enter the face locker room and begin to focus one particular young girl, sitting on the bench, as she tightens and ties the laces of her black boots. The boots appear to be more worn out and maybe even older than she is.

A few more moments pass before the young girl gets up and puts her gear bag back into her open locker. On the locker door, is a old black and white photograph of a much older female wrestler. The young girl stares at it for a moment, before nodding her head. She then kisses her fingers and touches the photograph and closes the locker shut. She now begins to leave the face locker room, as the cameras zoom in on the name on the locker, which just states "REXX" in big bold black letters.

The young girl now begins to walk down the backstage hallways of the Battle Zone and towards the Gorilla Position. Several people including various wrestlers now begin to walk up to the young girl and fist bumping her and making small talk before her upcoming match. A man sitting at the Gorilla Position now shouts at the young girl....*

Gorilla Man: FIVE MINUTES! SHOWTIME IN FIVE MINUTES, REXX!

*The young girl just nods her head and stands ready to go through the curtain at the Gorilla Position. As she continues to wait, the young girl begins to monologue her thoughts into the camera.....*

Young Girl: There's always one question that always seems to pop into my head before I go through that curtain. And that is "Why do you continue to do this thing?" This thing of ours. This art. This craft. This sport. This thing we call professional wrestling.

*The young girl now looks around her, and a slight smile comes across her face.*

Young Girl: Yeah. What a crazy fucked up world you have gotten yourself into, Rexx. One year ago, none of this would have been possible. You were stuck in neutral for the longest. Stuck in a dead end job in a dead end town on the edge of nothing and nowhere. But now look at yourself.

*The young girl's eyes now look down at herself and she nods her head.*

Young Girl: Well, there is no turning back now, girl. You are the deep end now. Tonight, it's sink or swim. Swim with the sharks. Are you ready?

*All of the sudden the man sitting at the Gorilla Position calls out to the young girl, breaking out of her thoughts for a moment....*

Gorilla Man: ONE MINUTE, REXX! GET READY TO GO!

*The young girl now begins to loosen up and prepare herself to walk through the curtain. She now monologues her final thoughts....*

Young Girl: Wether I am ready or not, I do know one thing for sure. And that is everytime I step through that curtain, the feelings I get from the crowd cheering me on and chanting my name is.....

*Before the young girl can even finish her final thoughts, the man at the Gorilla Position now shouts at her....*

Gorilla Man: ALRIGHT, SHOWTIME IN 5....4....3....2.....1! GO, GO, GO!

*The young girl now begins to go through the curtain as the man at the Gorilla Position tells her....*

Gorilla Man: HAVE A GREAT SHOW, REXX! KICK ASS GIRL!

*The young girl now fist bumps with the man as finish walking through the curtain as the crowd already begins to get louder and louder at her arrival. She now finishes her final thought from earlier.....*

Young Girl: ....UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE!

*The cameras now fades out to a bright white close from there.*

ONE YEAR EARLIER

*Across the city of Summers at the Summers Convention Complex, a very different scene is playing out from one shown earlier at the SPARKLE Battle Zone. For this isn't a pro wrestling show, oh no, this is the beginning of the Miss Teen Summers Beauty Pageant. Backstage at the Complex, most of the teen girls in the Pageant are now shown putting on their makeup and prepping for the opening ceremony.

An elderly gentlemen with white hair, thick black glasses, bad teeth, and a snazzy stripped suit is now shown watching over them, while looking at a rather ornate pocket watch. He now tells them, while speaking with a thick Foggyland accent.....*

Elderly Man: Look alive my lovely little Eaglets, showtime in less than 30 minutes.

*All the teen girls in room now answer back to elderly man in unison....*

Teen Girls: Yes, Director Kane!

*Director Kane now rubs his hands together as he looks around the room at all the teen girls, while exclaiming loudly to himself with glee.....*

Director Kane: SMASHING!

*He now stops panning when he realizes one of the teen girls in the Pageant is missing. He now exclaims out loud.....*

Director Kane: What a minute! One of you is still missing. And where is our little delinquent, Ashley Rexx?

*A older woman's voice now tells Director Kane from across the room....*

Older Woman: She is still getting dressed, Nigel.

*Director Nigel Kane just shakes his head in disgust as he walks across the room to greet the older woman. He now tells her sternly....*

Director Kane: Mrs. Rexx. This is what the second time that your daughter has been late?

Mrs. Rexx: Once again, she is just my stepdaughter, Nigel. And it's the third time actually.

Director Kane: WELL, MY MISTAKE! Third time is the charm then, I hope! You know this is very unprofessional behavior for a Miss Teen Summers.

Mrs. Rexx: Yes, sir.

Director Kane: If I had any real sense left, I would disqualify your STEPdaughter here & right now. IF she were in the room that is.

Mrs. Rexx: Please, don't do that, sir!

Director Kane: I am NOT finished! But I am not gonna going to. I am just gonna turn my back and let it slide. And do you know why I dare do that?

Mrs. Rexx: Because you believe Ashley can actually win?

Director Kane: HA! Don't make me laugh out loud, Mrs. Rexx. I do this because YOU were one of the finest Beauty Queens to ever come out of Summers. You always took pride in wearing that crown and title with dignity and honor. Your stepdaughter, however, NOT SO MUCH!

Mrs. Rexx: Again, I am terribly sorry, Nigel.

Director Kane: And I am STILL not finished! Cause you see, your stepdaughter should consider herself even lucky to be allowed entrance into this esteemed Pageant while it's still under my watch.

Mrs. Rexx: You are as kind as you are wise, Nigel.

Director Kane: Yes, I am. I just pray you stepdaughter doesn't take it all for granted.

Mrs. Rexx: She won't, Nigel. I promise.

*Director Kane now begins to walk away from Mrs. Rexx and go about his other business before the Pageant starts. He now tells her as he does so...*

Director Kane: I've heard it all before from you two, Donna. In my professional career, I only know of one universal way to the truth....

Mrs. Rexx: And what is that, Nigel?

*Director Kane now looks around at all the other Miss Teen Summers hopefuls. He now smiles big and rubs his hands together again. He then tells her....*

Director Kane: That seeing the truth IS believing it. GOOD LUCK TONIGHT! You'll be NEEDING it, I think.

*Director Kane is then shown finally exiting the room. Donna Rexx now mutters to herself, before beginning to leave the room....*

Donna Rexx: More than you know, Nigel. More than you know.

*Donna now exits the room as the camera close out the scene from there.*

*The cameras now go down the hallways of the Summers Convention Complex to the women's changing room on the other side of it. We can now hear the sound of loud running water from inside the changing room's bathroom. A young teenage girl with dark hair and freckles, is now shown to be seemingly standing guard outside it.  Another young girl's voice now yells out to her from inside the bathroom.....*

Young Girl's voice: OH, GODDAMN IT, SARAH! I AM SO SCREWED RIGHT NOW!

*The still calm Sarah Gilligan, now tells the young girl, trying to calm her friend down.....*

Sarah Gilligan: Oh come on, Ash. It can't be THAT bad, can't it?!

*The hysteric Ash, aka Ashley Rexx, now once again yells on out to her friend....*

Ashley Rexx: YES IT IS! THIS SHIT WON'T COME OUT OF MY HAIR!

*The now surprised Sarah now asks Ashley, her curiosity now peaked....*

Sarah Gilligan: REALLY?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

Ashley Rexx: I WISH I WASN'T! COME IN AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!

Sarah Gilligan: I THINK I RATHER NOT, ASH!

*Ashley now opens the bathroom door slightly and stick her head, which is now wrapped in a towel. She now tells Sarah angrily.....*

Ashley Rexx: PLEASE! I INSIST!

*The nervous Sarah now backs up a bit from her friend as she tells her....*

Sarah Gilligan: I think I might be safer out here! OH....SHIT!

*Without saying another word to her friend, Ashley just grabs Sarah by her shirt and drags her into the bathroom, before locking the door behind them. Ashley now tells Sarah as she removes the towel from her head.....*

Ashley Rexx: Just tell me the TRUTH Sarah, is it really as bad I think it looks?

Sarah Gilligan: Well given the fact that you are colorblind, I don't really know how it could be as bad as you think. OH....MY....GOD!

*Ashley now finishes removing to the towel from her head, revealing her hair is now dyed a bright olive green. The shocked Sarah now tells Ashley after a few moments pass.....*

Sarah Gilligan: Well OK. It IS as bad as you said it was. Olive green, huh?

Ashley Rexx: GODDAMN IT! This not what I intended to happen, Sarah. I wanted it to be brown not green. I am so SCREWED!

Sarah Gilligan: And after your stepmother finds out and sees this brand new nightmare, you are gonna be DEAD.

Ashley Rexx: OH, DON'T REMIND ME!

*Ashley now looks at her hair in the bathroom mirror and tells Sarah as she does....*

Ashley Rexx: Cause I can already hear her voice now *imitates Donna Rexx's voice* "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THIS, GIRL! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!"

*Sarah now begins to snicker at Ashley as she tells her....*

Sarah Gilligan: Spot on, spot on. But, hey! You can always look on the bright side of this situation, Ash.

*Ashley now stops looking the mirror, shakes her head disgust, and turns to face her friend. She now asks her....*

Ashley Rexx: This should be good to hear. So please tell me what is the bright side, Sarah?

Sarah Gilligan: Only that by the end of the night, you won't be the only one who is GREEN with en-VEEEEEE!

*Without warning, even before Sarah could react, the now irritated Ashley lunges at Sarah, pushes her up against the bathroom wall, and begins choking her with both hands. Sarah now struggles to free herself from Ashley's grip as she tells her....*

Sarah Gilligan: PLEASE....STOP....ASH! I AM....YOUR ONLY....REAL FRIEND!

*Ashley now reluctantly stops choking her friend and tells Sarah as she catches her breath...*

Ashley Rexx: Then help me finish getting ready, I am already screwed enough tonight. I don't need be late on top of all of it.

Sarah Gilligan: Fine. But you owe me one.

*The camera now close out from there with Sarah helping Ashley get ready for the rest of the night's exciting festivities.*

A FEW HOURS LATER

*Later that night after the Miss Teen Summers Beauty Pageant was over, Ashley Rexx was shown sitting outside of Director Nigel Kane's office at the Summers Convention Complex, alongside her stepmother, Donna Rexx. Sarah Gilligan was shown off in the distance, watching on as the obviously upset Donna was speaking to her stepdaughter....*

Donna Rexx: LAST PLACE?!

Ashley Rexx: Yeah, I can't believe it.

Donna Rexx: OH I CAN!

*Donna now turns and runs her fingers through Ashley's still olive green hair. She now tells her....*

Donna Rexx: JUST LOOK AT THIS MESS! GREEN HAIR! I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THIS, GIRL! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!

*Sarah now begins to laugh again as Ashley just stares at her in anger. She then mouths "Shut up." at her. So Sarah takes the hint and walks away from the obvious confrontation that is now brewing. Ashley then tells her stepmother....*

Ashley Rexx: I'm sorry. It was an accident. You know I am colorblind.

Donna Rexx: Yes, don't remind me. But I didn't think you were flat out RETARDED too. OBVIOUSLY, I WAS WRONG!

*Ashley just slowly shakes her head at her stepmother's barbs, and mutters to herself.....*

Ashley Rexx: *muttering* In more ways than one.

Donna Rexx: WHAT WAS THAT?!

Ashley Rexx: Nothing.

Donna Rexx: It better be. Cause that's exactly what you are amount to in life as well, NOTHING! That is if you don't shape up and get your act together. Cause so help me God, Ashley, I refuse to be stuck with a LOSER forever. GOT IT?!

*Ashley now lowers her head in shame and rolls her eyes as she tells her stepmother....*

Ashley Rexx: Yeah. I got it alright.

Donna Rexx: Good. We'll discuss this more at home.

Ashley Rexx: Great. Look forward to it.

*Ashley now mouths the word "Not." to the camera as the door to Director Kane's office now opens up. A beautiful teen girl with perfect blonde hair, a perfect smile, and basically perfect everything now walks out. This is Madison Lambert, the winner of the Pageant. Donna now immediately stands up from her seat and greets the young girl.....*

Donna Rexx: Congradulations on your well deserved win tonight, Madison.

Madison Lambert: Thank you, Mrs. Rexx. Coming from you is an honor. You know I entered this Pageant because of you, right?

Donna Rexx: OH! You did?

Madison Lambert: Of course. You inspired a whole generation of future Beauty Queens. Your daughter, Ashley, not so much.

Donna Rexx: STEP daughter.

Madison Lambert: Right, my mistake. Have a wonderful evening.

Donna Rexx: You too, my dear.

*Donna and Madison now embrace in a slight hug, as Ashley looks on in complete disgust. Madison now begins to walk away. She and Ashley now exchange rather mean stares at each other. She now says to Ashley as she exits.....*

Madison Lombert: Rexx.

Ashley Rexx: Lambert.

*Donna now asks her stepdaughter.....*

Donna Rexx: And WHAT was that all about?

Ashley Rexx: Nothing at all. Just a friendly banter.

Donna Rexx: Right, it better be. Cause you could learn alot from somebody like her.

Ashley Rexx: Exciting offer, but I think I'll pass on that one.

Donna Rexx: Obviously.

*At that moment, the door to the Director's Office reopen, and out steps an elderly woman around the age of Donna. She now tells Ashley.....*

Elderly Woman: Director Kane will see you now, Ashley.

*Donna now stands up to greet the woman and tells her....*

Donna Rexx: Thank you, Miss Cunningham.

*Director Kane's secretary, Miss Cunningham, now motions for Donna to stay where she is. She now tells her...*

Miss Cunningham: ALONE.

*Donna now sits back down and tells Ashley, as she does....*

Donna Rexx: I see. Well best not to keep Director Kane waiting, Ashley.

*Ashley now stands up and tells Miss Cunningham....*

Ashley Rexx: Fine, let's get this execution over with. Lead me to the gallows, Miss Cunningham.

*Miss Cunningham now scoffs at Ashley's remark as she tells her....*

Miss Cunningham: This way. Follow me.

*Miss Cunningham now leads Ashley Rexx into Director Kane's office, announcing her arrival when she does....*

Miss Cunningham: Ashley Rexx, to see you as requested, Director.

*Director Nigel Kane now looks up from his desk and tells her....*

Director Kane: Thank you, Miss Cunningham.

*Miss Cunningham now leaves the offices, and closes the door behind Ashley. Director Kane now motions to Ashley....*

Director Kane: And you. Have a seat.

*Ashley remains standing up. Director Kane now gets agitated by this and yells at her....*

Director Kane: NOW!

*Ashley still refuses to take a seat and tells the Director....*

Ashley Rexx: I think I stay standing.

*Director Kane now stands up from his desk and tells Ashley as he shakes his head in disgust at her....*

Director Kane: Defiant as always. This behavior is very troublesome to me, Mrs. Rexx.

*Ashley now smirks and tells him...*

Ashley Rexx: I'll take that as a compliment then.

*Director Kane now slams his hands down onto his desk loudly. He now yells at Ashley....*

Director Kane: OF COURSE, YOU WILL! Cause you have NO RESPECT for anything important!

Ashley Rexx: That's not true, sir. I have respect for lots of different things.

Director Kane: OH REALLY?!

Ashley Rexx: Just not pointless things like beauty pageants.

Director Kane: And what things might that be then, HMMMM?

Ashley Rexx: I am not quite sure of that part, sir.

Director Kane: And THAT is exactly my point, Mrs. Rexx. You have no REAL direction in life.

Ashley Rexx: You are right, I don't.

Director Kane: And how can you? You think think everything is a BLOODY JOKE?!

Ashley Rexx: I DO NOT!

Director Kane: Could have fooled me with your GREEN HAIR then. In fact, why don't I get you some WHITE MAKEUP and RED LIPSTICK. That way you can be the BLOODY JOKER! Would like that, Mrs. Rexx?

Ashley Rexx: No, sir.

Director Kane: Better yet, maybe you can just sing me a little song and dance a little jig like a BLOODY CLOWN while you are at it. Would you like that, Mrs. Rexx?

Ashley Rexx: No, sir.

Director Kane: I got it. How about I just stick you on a street corner and have you beg like a common BLOODY WHORE! At least that way you'll be making me some money, instead of taking it away. Would you like that, Mrs. Rexx?

Ashley Rexx: Not at all. But what's the point, sir.

Director Kane: My point is simply if you ever ruin my pageant to the magnitude you did tonight, that is EXACTLY where you are gonna be. And there is nothing your stepmother's reputation will be able to do to save you either. Have I made myself perfectly clear, Mrs. Rexx?

Ashley Rexx: Crystal clear, sir.

Director Kane: GOOD. That will be all, Mrs. Rexx. I look forward to seeing you at the MISS SUMMERS SENIOR PAGEANT too.

Ashley Rexx: Thank you, sir. I will be there.

*Ashley now mutters under her breath to herself....*

Ashley Rexx: *muttering* Not by choice.

Director Kane: WHAT WAS THAT, MRS. REXX?!

Ashley Rexx: Uh.....GOOD BYE, SIR!

Director Kane: GOOD BYE. LEAVE, NOW.

*Ashley Rexx now leaves the office of Director Kane in shame. Director Kane now says to himself after she does....*

Director Kane: Cause it is gonna be your LAST.

*The cameras now fade to a close from there on that note.*

ONE HOUR LATER

*Outside of the Summers Convention Complex, Donna Rexx was shown waiting for her stepdaughter, Ashley to return from changing out of her pageant clothes. Standing at Donna's side, is a young girl with light brown hair around the age of 8. This is Donna's daughter with Ashley's father, her half-sister Amber. Donna now impatiently looks at her watch, mumbling to her self....*

Donna Rexx: DAMN IT! Where is that girl?! *looks at her watch again* It should NOT take this LONG!

*Donna Rexx now continues to look at her watch as Amber looks around for her big sister. Amber now spots Ashley exiting the Convention Complex with her best friend, Sarah. Amber now exclaims, startling her mother....*

Amber Rexx: THERE SHE IS, MOM!

*Donna Rexx now jumps at little at Amber's shouting. But then tells her daughter....*

Donna Rexx: Not so loud, Amber! *Shakes her head* I mean thanks for your help.

*Donna and her daughter now start to walk over to where Ashley and Sarah are standing and talking to each other.....*

Sarah Gilligan: This was SOME disaster of a night, wasn't it Ash?

Ashley Rexx: You're telling me. First I get yelled at by Director Kane and now I have to deal with stepmother.

*Sarah now sees Donna and Amber quickly approaching and tells Ashley....*

Sarah Gilligan: You are more right than you know, Ash. I love to stick around, but I got to get home.

Ashley Rexx: Right....home. *Ashley now thinks of how disappointed her dad will be* FUCK.

Sarah Gilligan: Not now. Besides I'll see you at work.

Ashley Rexx: Unfortunately, you are correct. I'll see you then, Sarah.

Sarah Gilligan: See you then, Ash.

*Ashley and Sarah now embrace for a moment. Sarah now quickly departs without saying another word as Donna and Amber arrive at their location. Donna now tells Ashley....*

Donna Rexx: I don't know what you see in that loser.

Ashley Rexx: That loser is my best friend.

Donna Rexx: So I guess that means losers stick together.

Ashley Rexx: Yep, that's me. *Makes an "L" with hand on her forehead" Loser for life.

*Amber now does the same thing, mimicking Ashley, as she says.....*

Amber Rexx: Me too. Loser for life.

*Donna now just rolls her eyes at this display and tells Amber to....*

Donna Rexx: STOP THAT!

*Donna now turns to Ashley and tells her sternly.....*

Donna: Look at what you did! You are really are a BAD influence on her. Now let's get out of here before you somehow embarrass me even more. MOVE IT!

*Ashley now just shakes in disgust and heads towards the car in the parking lot, with Amber trailing behind her. Donna now looks at them both and says to herself....*

Donna Rexx: But I am gonna fix that. One way or the other.

*Donna now walks quickly to catch up to Ashley & Amber as the camera fade out close from there.*

2/03/2024 6:31 am  #2

Re: SPARKLE: THE SERIES

THE NEXT DAY

*At the Surfline Shopping Center in the small town of Surfside on the outskirts of Summers, Donna Rexx was determined as ever to fix her stepdaughter's green hair one way or the other. Ashley was none to thrilled by the ordeal though. Donna now tells Ashley as she parks the car at the shopping center....*

Donna Rexx: Come with me, Ashley. We are gonna fix this mess. And we are gonna fix it before your dad returns from his hunting trip in Dusty Dunes. I really hate to think what he would say.

*Ashley now looks in the rear view mirror at her green hair and says.....*

Ashley Rexx: I think my dad would like my hair the way it is. He would say it was unique.

*A now irritated Donna now yells back at her stepdaughter....*

Donna Rexx: WELL I DON'T! *groans* One of these days you are gonna thank me for all I have done for you, young lady.

Ashley Rexx: Yeah, sure. In my suicide note.

Donna Rexx: JUST GET OUT!

*Ashley now gets out of the quickly, not wanting to endure her stepmother's wrath any longer. Donna follows her, after she finishes parking the car. She now leads Ashley into a hair salon called Roxxanne's. Donna now talks to main hair stylist and owner, the aptly named Roxxanne. Roxxanne looks over at Ashley's hair, smirks, and now tells Donna....*

Roxxanne: I think your daughter's hair is fine.

Donna Rexx: STEPdaughter. And is NOT fine.

Roxxanne: Whatever you say, lady.

Donna Rexx: But can you fix it, nobody else seems to be able to.

Roxxanne: Able to or want to, is the real question I think.

Donna Rexx: And what is that suppose to mean?

Roxxanne: Nothing at all. And to be honest with you....

*Roxxanne now walks over and runs her fingers through the startled Ashley's green hair. She now tells after investigating it....*

Roxxanne: I've seen ALOT worse, believe me.

Donna Rexx: So you CAN fix it.

Roxxanne: Yes. For a price, of course. It won't come cheap though.

Donna Rexx: I don't care about the cost. Whatever it takes.

Roxxanne: Super. Let's get started then. Follow me, Miss....

Ashley Rexx: Ashley.

Roxxanne: Right.

*Ashley now just shakes her in amazement as she follows Roxxanne, while Donna looks on in contempt. The cameras then fade out to close from there.*

TWO HOURS LATER

*After Roxxanne had fixed and returned Ashley's hair back to it's normal dark reddish brown color, she began to talk with Donna over the payment. As the two continued to bicker back and forth over it, Ashley decided to leave the hair salon to avoid that mess. A few moment pass when suddenly like a bat straight out of hell, a Jeep Wrangler covered in sand and mud from the nearby Surfside Beach, pulls into the Surfline Shopping Center, near where Ashley is standing. Three women in their mid twenties now get out of the Jeep. One of them is a short blonde in pigtails, who literally jumps out of the backseat and on the pavement. The girl now yells out loud....*

Short Girl: YESSSSSSS! NAILED IT!

*A much taller girl, who was driving the Jeep and looks more rough around the edges with multiple tats covering her body, now tells her sternly....*

Taller Girl: DAMN IT, POLLY! KNOCK THAT SHIT OFF! WE'RE IN FUCKING PUBLIC!

*Polly instead refuses to listen to the taller girl, and tells her, as she sticks her tongue out at her....*

Polly: Party pooper.

*The taller girl now just rolls her eyes and tells her in disgust....*

Taller Girl: Oh, just grow the fuck up.

Polly: Gee, lighten up, Maggie.

*The third girl, a black chick with afro like hair, now intervenes and breaks the two up. She now tells them....*

Afro Chick: Alrighty then, break this little feud up, you two. Save it for the RING.

*Maggie now listens to reason and heads into the shop next to Roxxanne's. Polly now asks the afro chick.....*

Polly: What's her problem anyways, Nikita?

*Nikita just shakes her head and tells her sternly....*

Nikita: You, Polly. It's always you.

*Nikita now follows Maggie into the shop, leaving Polly by herself. Polly pouts for a moment, shrugs it off, and goes into the shop as well.

While all of this went down, Ashley was curiously watching it, trying not be noticed. She now walks over to shop next door. Sign on the door says "Just Keep Calm. And Hash It Out." Ashley then realizes the place is a Hedge Shop. Ashley now slowly opens the door and walks in.

Maggie is now seen talking to a hippy looking older man behind the counter. Polly and Nikita are browsing the shop's various goods. Maggie is now heard asking the shop owner....*

Maggie: So Retro, are you fucking coming or not?

*Retro now thinks about what Maggie just asked him and then tells her....*

Retro: I don't know, Margaret. You know I've move on from that life.

*Maggie aka Margaret, now shakes her head and tells Retro sternly...*

Maggie: I am not asking you to get involved, Retro. What do you say?

*Retro finally just throws his hands up and tells Maggie.....*

Retro: FINE, I'll be there.

Maggie: That's great. It's gonna be fun.

Retro: Yay, fun. Good luck, Maggie Mayhem.

*Retro and Maggie now fist bump each other and then departs with her two friends. Retro now tells her as she exits the shop....*

Retro: You are really gonna need it too.

*Ashley now walks up to the counter. Retro doesn't even notice Ashley standing there. He is now startled as he sees her there. He now tells her quickly....*

Retro: Please read the sign, kid. No minors, no exceptions.

*Ashley now just tells him quickly....*

Ashley Rexx: Sorry, not interested in that stuff anyways.

Retro: Then why are you in my Hedge Shop then?

Ashley Rexx: Those three girls, who were they?

Retro: THEM?! *Thinks for a moment* It will take too long to explain, kid. But here, take this flyer.

*Retro now hands Ashley a flyer of some sort. She now looks it over and it shows a bunch of women on it. One women with black and silver hair is front and center. It then says "SPARKLE" in big bold letters at the top. And the bottom is says something else. Ashley now mouths....*

Ashley Rexx: Professional....Wrestling.

*Befor she even has time process all of that information, she notices her stepmother beginning leave the hair salon next door. Ashley now folds up the flyer and pockets it quickly, before Donna notices it. Donna now walks up to Ashley to her and tells her....*

Donna Rexx: Did you just go into a HEDGE SHOP, young lady?

Ashley Rexx: No. I was just curious.

Donna Rexx: Well curiosity kills that cat. And we will leave at that. Now get in the car!

Ashley Rexx: Whatever.

*Ashley now gets in the car with her stepmother. The car now begins back out to head back home as the camera fade out to a final close from there.*

ONE HOUR LATER

*After driving for what seemed liked forever, Ashley Rexx and her stepmother, Donna, arrived back home to their house in suburbs of small town of Bodeen, on the outskirts of the big city of Summers. Nothing really needs to said about the one horse Podunk town that was Bodeen. The less said the better and Ashley preferred it stayed that way.

On the porch of the house, a middle aged man with a scruffy beard wearing a Fourside Fantastics jersey stood, aloof and silent, watching the car enter the driveway. The man now watches as Ashley gets out of the car, not saying a word. The man now greets Ashley....*

Man: Hey there, kiddo!

*Ashley just nods her head in acknowledgement as the man now asks her....*

Man: Well don't leave your dad hanging with no answer, how did it go at the beauty pageant?

*Ashley just shakes her in disgust at the question as she enters the house, still not saying anything. The man now responds to her silent treatment....*

Ashley's Dad: That bad, huh?

*Ashley's dad now greets his wife, who has finally gotten out of the car....*

Ashley's Dad: Hey, honey.

Donna Rexx: Hello, dear. How was your hunting trip?

*Ashley's dad now kiss his wife on the cheek and asks her.....*

Ashley's Dad: Pretty good. You know, me and the boys, out in the Dusty Dunes, shooting at small animals? Doesn't get any more fun that.

Donna Rexx: HARLEY!

Harley Rexx: Don't blame me, you asked the question.

Donna Rexx: Right, my mistake.

Harley Rexx: And I trust this silent treatment from Ash means things didn't go to well?

Donna Rexx: Only if you consider LAST PLACE bad?

Harley Rexx: Oh man, that sucks. I was hoping she would do better this time around.

Donna Rexx: HA! Don't bet on it. She has one very big problem still.

Harley Rexx: Oh and what is that?

*Donna now smiles slightly as she tells Harley seriously....*

Donna Rexx: She is too much like her father.

*Harley nods his head immediately in acknowledgement of this fact and tells his wife....*

Harley Rexx: Damn right she is!

*Even before Donna can respond to Harley's statement, Amber Rexx now runs out the front door and embraces her mother in a hug, while exclaiming....*

Amber Rexx: MOMMA! YOU'RE HOME!

*Donna now embraces her daughter for a moment. She then tells Harley as she now follows Amber back into the house finally....*

Donna Rexx: Harley, be a good husband and get the stuff out of the back seat for me, will you?

*Harley just nods his head in acknowledgement and tells his wife....*

Harley Rexx: Sure thing, honey.

*Harley now walks over to the car in the driveway, and now opens the passenger side back door. But as he now leans into the car to get the stuff out of the back seat, a large brown object, hits him in the back. The startled Harley now bonks his head on the car's roof in shock. He now gets out of the car quickly and looks down on the driveway, noticing a regulation size football there. He now picks it up as a man's voice tells him....*

Man's Voice: HEY HARLEY! TOSS IT BACK!

*Harley now looks and notices that it is his neighbor, Virgil, and his teenage son, Cody, playing football in their front yard. Harley now tells Virgil....*

Harley Rexx: Sure thing, Virgil.

*Now Cody is a promising young football prospect in the Junior Football League. Something Harley envys quite alot, seeing how he is the father of two girls and no boys. Harley stares at the football for a moment, before tossing it back to Cody, who catches it perfectly. Harley now tells him....*

Harley Rexx: Nice catch.

*To which Virgil retorts proudly.....*

Virgil: He's better than nice! HE'S PERFECT! Future Summers Beach Bums starting quarterback RIGHT HERE, baby!

*Harley now retorts back....*

Harley Rexx: They could use him right now in my book!

Virgil: HA! You are so right! Bobby Biltzworth sucks.

Harley Rexx: That whole team sucks. Why do you think I am a Fantastics fan.

Virgil: You got me there, Harley. You win this round.

*As Harley and Virgil continue to their football banter, Donna's voice now calls out from inside the house....*

Donna's Voice: HARLEY! WHERE ARE YOU?!

*Harley now shakes his head and tells Virgil begrudgingly....*

Harley: Damn it. I've gotta get back into the house, Virgil.

Virgil: No shit, man. I can hear your wife yelling from here. I'll talk at you later.

Harley Rexx: Right. See you around, Virgil.

*Harley now picks up the bags from off the driveway and shuts the back door of the car. Harley now slows makes his back towards the front door of the house. Harley now watches Virgil and Cody continue to toss the football to each other for a moment longer. He now lets out a sad sigh and heads into the house as the cameras fade to a close from there.*

A FEW MOMENTS LATER

*As her dad was busy talking football with their neighbor Virgil outside, Ashley had slowly made her way upstairs to her room on the second story of the house. There Ashley found solace in the only place that was far away from the boring existence of her life, the walk in attic. Inside the attic, Ashley was sitting against a stack of large cardboard boxes of unknown clutter and junk. Ashley now takes out her cellphone from her back pocket and dials a number on the key pad. After a few moment, the phone rings and Ashley's only real friend, Sarah Gilligan, answers it....*

Sarah Gillian: Hey, Ash, what's up?

Ashley Rexx: Not much, Sarah. Just got back into town from Summers.

Sarah Gilligan: Ah, I see. So I trust it you got your hair back to normal then?

*Ashley now runs her fingers from through her now reddish brown hair. She then tells Sarah....*

Ashley Rexx: Yep, back to the same old boring color it was.

Sarah Gilligan: Oh boy. That sounds fun.

Ashley Rexx: Yeah.....right. And to be honest, I kinda would have preferred to keep it green for a few more days. Just to see the reactions on people's faces.

Sarah Gilligan: Yeah, that would have been something. Especially at work tomorrow.

*Ashley now groans as she now remembers she has work tomorrow afternoon. She now tells Sarah....*

Ashley Rexx: Yay, work.

Sarah Gilligan: Another fun filled day of waiting tables at Smokey Joe's.

Ashley Rexx: Can't wait. DAMN IT!

*Ashley now slams the back of her head against the boxes behind her, causing them to shake a bit. A magazine of some kind now falls from the top of the boxes and on to floor next to Ashley, thanks to the shaking. Ashley now eyes it as Sarah continues to talk.....*

Sarah Gilligan: At least, we can harass Batman some more. I heard he got promoted this week too.

*Ashley now picks up the magazine and begins to look over the front cover of it as she tells Sarah.....*

Ashley Rexx: Good old Wayne Bruce, our new Manager.

Sarah Gilligan: He probably hasn't really changed at all. Once Batman always Batman.

*Ashley now begins to zone out of the conversation and trail off as she makes startling discovery about the magazine cover....*

Ashley Rexx: Sounds....like....fun.

Sarah Gilligan: Something wrong, Ash? You are starting to trail off badly.

*Ashley now begins to reach into her pocket for the flyer she recieved early from that hedge shop, as she tells Sarah....*

Ashley Rexx: Nothing. Nothing at all. I just gotta run. I'll talk to you later.

Sarah Gilligan: Alright then. See you at work, Ash.

*Ashley now hangs up her cellphone and puts it away, before unfolding the flyer. She now lays it on the floor next to the magazine. Ashley now realizes the magazine is a professional wrestling magazine. But not just any magazine, it's appears to be from 1985, as well. Ashley now looks it over and is immediately drawn to the woman on front cover. Her wild spiky brown hair and fiery red makeup and black eyeliner, make her look very outlandish and over the top, almost even like a punk rocker. She now reads the name of the magazine out loud.....*

Ashley Rexx: Figure Four Illustrated, huh?

*Ashley now reads the title of the front cover's feature article...*

Ashley Rexx: "Andrea Blayze. The Rock 'N' Wrestling Bad Girl Speaks Out." Holy shit.

*As Ashley continues to look over the magazine, she is suddenly brought to reality by the sound of her stepmother's voice calling out from downstairs....*

Donna Rexx's Voice: ASHLEY! DINNER IS READY!

*Ashley just shakes her head and says to herself as she now gets up off the attic floor....*

Ashley Rexx: Great. Back to reality, I guess.

*Ashley now picks up both the magazine and flyer before walking back into her room from the sanctum of the attic. She now lifts up her bed mattress and places both the magazine and flyer, under it in an effort to hide them. She now says to herself....*

Ashley Rexx: I'll be back for you two later.

*Donna's voice now yells out again, much louder and agitated that before....*

Donna Rexx's Voice: ASHLEY REXX! COME DOWNSTAIRS!

*Ashley now just shakes her head in disgust and yells back at Donna....*

Ashley Rexx: I AM COMING! GIVE ME A MINUTE!

Donna Rexx's Voice: NOW!

Ashley Rexx: FINE!

*Ashley now turns off the light to her room and shuts the door. She now begins to head downstairs as the camera fade out to a close from there.

2/03/2024 7:45 pm  #3

THE NEXT DAY

*Early the next morning on the outskirts of Bodeen, lies a restaurant that looks like a big red tin warehouse on the outside. A giant billboard like sign on the roof, displays the name of it. "SMOKEY JOE'S BAR-B-QUE: RESTAURANT AND CATERING SERVICE". Inside the restaurant, we see Ashley Rexx and Sarah Gilligan busy at work, cleaning off the tables and counters before it opens. Suddenly a young man in his late 20s with slick black hair and black rimmed glasses, walks up to Ashley as she is cleaning the counter tops. He now tells her.....*

Young Man: Hey Ashley.

*Ashley now turns her head towards the man as she continues to clean and tells him....*

Ashley Rexx: 'Sup Batman.

*The young man now shakes his head at Ashley's greeting. He now tells her in response....*

Young Man: Oh come on, Ashley. It's Wayne and you know it.

*Ashley now casually responds to the despondent Wayne, not paying him attention....*

Ashley Rexx: Of course I do, Batman. So what is your boggle then?

*Wayne now takes a long sigh, before telling Ashley....*

Wayne Bruce: My boggle is that you know I've been promoted to manager recently. But you two *Points at both Ashley and Sarah.* still refuse to address me as such.

*Sarah, overhearing the conversation between Ashley and Wayne, now walks over to both of them, and exclaims to Wayne in response...*

Sarah Gilligan: HOLY PARTY POOPING BATMAN! Where is the fun in that?

Ashley Rexx: Yeah, Batman, lighten up.

Wayne Bruce: Fun only takes you so far, my young ladies. And if you ever want to make it far in life, you need to take things more seriously.

Ashley Rexx: Jesus Christ, Wayne. You are starting to sound like my stepmother now.

Sarah Gilligan: And THAT is not a good thing either.

Wayne Bruce: Good thing or not, for both of yall's sake, just try to act more professional at work.

*Sarah now clicks her heels together and stands at attention. She now tells Wayne in mockingly serious tone....*

Sarah Gilligan: Sir, yes, sir!

*Wayne just glares at Sarah for a moment and turns his attention to Ashley, who does clicks her heel together as well while telling him.....*

Ashley Rexx: We'll make it happen, captain!

*Both ladies now salute Wayne in a mocking manner. Wayne then begins to walk away, shaking his head in disappoint. But with a slight smile on his face, as well. He now tells both ladies....*

Wayne Bruce: Oh and after you ladies are finished cleaning the restaurant, I need you to go up onto the roof and clean the sign.

*Ashley now scoffs at that job and asks Wayne....*

Ashley Rexx: AGAIN?!

Wayne Bruce: Yes. Smokey Joe's direct orders.

Sarah Gilligan: Right.

Ashley Rexx: Whatever you say, Batman.

*Wayne now sighs again. But he also notices a bright candy apple red convertible corvette pulling up to restaurant. He then tells both ladies as he walks off and back towards the manager's office...*

Wayne Bruce: So chop chop, ladies. But right now, you have your very first customers of a brand new day.

*Both Ashley and Sarah now turn to face the front door on the restaurant as four people now bursts in through it. Sarah now exclaims to Ashley as they both notice who they are immediately....*

Sarah Gilligan: OH MY GOOD GOD!

Ashley Rexx: NO WAY! You have got to be SHITTING me!

*The four people are now recognized as Ashley Rexx's high school rival Madison Lambert, her best friend and fellow cheerleader Nevaeh Voss, and their boyfriends. Madison's boyfriend is an oversized super jock meathead named Troy Vaughn. His best friend and partner in crime, Lukie Jones, is Nevaeh. Without even acknowledging Ashley or Sarah, they immediately go through the restaurant like bats outta hell and crowd into a booth on the far side of it. Ashley now shakes her head, as she says out loud....*

Ashley Rexx: I don't need to deal with THIS right now.

*Sarah now hands her four menus and tells her....*

Sarah Gilligan: Well you've got no choice, Ash. You drew the short straw for this week, remember?

Ashley Rexx: Don't remind me.

Sarah Gilligan: I just did, Ash. So good luck.

*Ashley now takes the menus from Sarah as she exclaims out loud....*

Ashley Rexx: DAMN IT!

*Ashley now slowly walks over to where the four are seated, dreading the moment with every single step she takes. As Ashley arrives, all four of them in the middle of chattering and carrying on about the latest Summers High School gossip. Petty gossip that Ashley nor Sarah had any time of day for. They hated it. It felt too close to the politics of the real world, which they had no interest in at all. When Ashley arrives at their booth, she calmly places the four menus on the table and says to them....*

Ashley Rexx: Hello and welcome to Smokey Joe's.

*Madison Lambert, who was too busy in a conversation with Nevaeh, now recognizes the voice of their waitress. She now looks over to confirm her theory. Madison's eyes now go wide as saucers as she shouts loudly at Ashley.....*

Madison Lambert: I DON'T FUCKING BELIEVE IT! IT CAN'T BE TRUE!

*Madison now does a double take and shouts at Ashley....*

Madison Lambert: BUT IT IS! ASHLEY REXX!

*Ashley now rolls her eyes and says to Madison....*

Ashley Rexx: We meet again, Madison Lambert.

Madison Lambert: SO IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL!

Ashley Rexx: So it is. What can I get for you anyways?

Madison Lambert. Nothing. Nothing at all.

Ashley Rexx: Then why I are you here?

Madison Lambert: To ruin your day at work?

Ashley Rexx: I meant besides that.

Madison Lambert: I am kidding, Rexx. Lighten up.

Nevaeh Voss: YEAH! Take a pill and chill.

Ashley Rexx: I wish I could chill. It's really hot outside today.

Madison Lambert: And THAT is the one thing I will agree with you on.

Ashley Rexx: Stop the fucking presses.

Madison Lambert: HA! Anyways we are just here to watch this mighty man mountain here *Points at her boyfriend, Troy* do the challenge.

Ashley Rexx: And what challenge would that be?

*Troy Vaughn, who has been quiet the entire time that Ashley and Madison bantered back and fourth, now shouts out at her....*

Troy Vaughn: THE SMOKESTACK CHALLENGE!

*Troy now flexes as the other three people in the booth cheer and clap wildly. Ashley now tells him.....*

Ashley Rexx: One Smokestack Challenge. Just remember you have thirty minute to finish it. If you do it's....

Troy Vaughn: FREEEEEEEE! I ALREADY KNOW THE RULES! SO JUST BRING IT ON, BITCH! YEEEEEEEEEAH!

*Ashley just rolls her eyes and tells him as she leaves.....*

Ashley Rexx: Coming right up.

THE FEW MINUTES LATER

*A few minutes later, Ashley comes back to the booth of the four, with a giant plate of smoke meats of various kind. She now puts it down in front of Troy. She then tells him.....*

Ashley Rexx: Alright, here it is.

Troy Vaughn: ABOUT TIME! I AM STARVING!

Ashley Rexx: Well then, on your mark.....

*Troy now readies himself for the challenge and three hold their breath in anticipation.*

Ashley Rexx: Get set....[b/]

*Troy nods his head and motions for Ashley to hurry it up....*

[b]Ashley Rexx: GO!

*Troy now begins to devour the massive mountain of smoke meats as the three cheer him on loudly. Ashley just stands there in surprising awe and utter disgust. Ashley now says out loud to herself....*

Ashley Rexx: I think I am gonna be sick.

*Madison now turns to Ashley and tells her rudely.....*

Madison Lambert: You are already sick in the head, Ashley. No need to get any sicker.

*Ashley now clinches her fists and turns in anger at Lambert's comment, as Troy continues to complete the challenge.*

ABOUT TWENTY MINUTES LATER

*About twenty minutes pass and Troy Vaughn is now shown licking the giant plate clean, finishing the Smokestack Challenge in time. He now slams the plate loudly on the table. He then lets out a very loud, very mighty, and very disgusting belch in victory. He then yells as at Ashley....*

Troy Vaughn: OHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEAH! IT'S FREE, BITCHES! IT'S FUCKING FREEEEEEEEEEEE!

*Ashley now calmly walks over the booth and says to now flexing Troy....*

Ashley Rexx: Congratulations. You have won the Smokestack Challenge. Would you like a free t-shirt to commemorate your victory?

*Troy now stands up, jump on top of the table, and yells out with his arms raised high into the air....*

Troy Vaughn: HELL YEAH! BRING IT TO ME, BITCH! I AM THE SMOKESTACK KING!

Ashley Rexx: Alright. I'll bring the "king" his crown.

Troy Vaughn: YESSSSSS! THAT'S RIGHT! CROWN ME, BITCH!

ONE MOMENT LATER

*One moment later, Ashley returns with Troy Vaughn's commemorative t-shirt for winning the Smokestack Challenge. Troy now jumps off the table and flexes again. He now yells at Ashley, as she holds out the t-shirt....*

Troy Vaughn: BOW TO YOUR NEW KING! YEEEEEEEAH!

*Ashley just shakes her head "no" and tells Troy calmly.....*

Ashley Rexx: Not going to happen. So just take the t-shirt and leave.

*Troy now wags his finger in the face of Ashley and tells her....*

Troy Vaughn: THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT! SO BOW DOWN, BITCH!

Ashley Rexx: Again, it's not going to happen. Besides it is against company policy to kneel on the dirty floor in our uniforms.

*Troy now frowns in disbelief. He then takes the t-shirt from Ashley. Troy then tells her....*

Troy Vaughn: Does it say anything about lying down on them?

Ashley Rexx: Not really. I don't think it does.

Troy Vaughn: Wonderful.

*Troy now shoves Ashley hard with both hands. Ashley now falls backwards onto hard tile floor. Ashley lands with sickeningly loud THUD! Troy now casually walks up to the prone Ashley and tells her....*

Troy Vaughn: Maybe next time when I say to bow to me, you will bow to me!

*Ashley now mumbles to herself under her breath as Troy and Madison, along with Neveah and Lukie, begin to leave the restaurant.....*

Ashley Rexx: *mumbling* Don't hold your breath, asshole.

*Sarah, who had seen everything from a short distance away, now runs over to check on the still prone Ashley. She now watches the foursome exit the restaurant. Madison now tells both of them.....*

Madison Lambert: Awwww, isn't that too sweet. I HATE SWEET!

*Madison now begins to laugh maniacally and Sarah now shouts back at her.....*

Sarah Gilligan: YOU FUCKING JERKS!

Madison Lambert: LATER, LOVEBIRDS!

*Madison now exits the restaurant. Sarah now checks on the prone Ashley, who tells her...*

Ashley Rexx: I think I need a break.

*Sarah now just shakes her head and tells Ashley in response.....*

Sarah Gilligan: I wouldn't worry about that. You may have already broken something.

Ashley Rexx: Goddamn it. Fucking Troy.

Sarah Gilligan: Hey, you started it, Ash.

Ashley Rexx: Right. I bow to no man, Sarah.

Sarah Gilligan: True. A woman though. I wouldn't bet against it.

Ashley Rexx: Very Funny. Help me up.

Sarah Gilligan: Sure thing, Ash.

*Sarah now offers her hand to the prone Ashley, who accepts it and Sarah helps her best friend to her feet. The two friends then walk off and go back to their jobs of waiting tables at Smokey Joe's.*

THE FEW HOURS LATER

*A few uneventful hours later, Ashley is busy on the roof of Smokey Joe's cleaning the giant billboard like sign. She is almost finished and now takes a break by sitting in one of two lawn chairs on the roof in front of the sign. As she sits there and goes what happened earlier with Troy and Madison, Sarah joins her on the roof. Ashley now greets Sarah once again....*

Ashley Rexx: Oh hi Sarah.

Sarah Gilligan: Hey Ash.

Ashley Rexx: Finished cleaning up and closing down the restaurant finally?

Sarah Gilligan: Yep.

Ashley Rexx: So why are you up here then?

Sarah Gilligan: Take a wild guess?

Ashley Rexx: Batman?

Sarah Gilligan: Batman.

Ashley Rexx: Seriously? That guy really has gone corporate on us.

Sarah Gilligan: He's just following protocol after the incident this morning.

Ashley Rexx: Right. But that wasn't my fault at all.

Sarah Gilligan: I know. I saw the whole thing. But Batman is just being Batman.

Ashley Rexx: Oh please. If he really was Batman, he would be out there kicking Troy and Madison's asses for me.

Sarah Gilligan: HA! You are right about that one. Anyways I've got some good news.

Ashley Rexx: Oh boy, lay it on me then.

Sarah Gilligan: We are both off next weekend.

Ashley Rexx: Now THAT is good news. About time too.

Sarah Gilligan: I know right. It seems we run this place more than anyone else.

Ashley Rexx: For real. And that reminds me, what are you going do next weekend? Got any big plans?

Sarah Gilligan: Nope. Not at all. In fact, I haven't really decided on doing anything yet. Why do you ask?

Ashley Rexx: Cause I've got a crazy idea.

Sarah Gilligan: Oh boy. You and your crazy ideas.

Ashley Rexx: You know it.

Sarah Gilligan: And with you, Ash. Knowing isn't half the battle. It's all of it.

*Ashley now just nods her head in agreement. She then tells Sarah confidently....*

Ashley Rexx: Damn right, it is.

*We now fade out to a close from there*

ONE WEEK LATER...

*The one week later on the following Saturday, Ashley was in her room, laying on her bed and looking at the SPARKLE flyer and Figure Four Illustrated Magazine she had found in the walk-in attic. She was busy lost in her crazy thoughts about the world that had just been introduced and opened up to her. The world of professional wrestling. And from Ashley could already tell it was SO MUCH better than the boring world she was living in right now.

Suddenly a knock on her bedroom door, causes Ashley jump slightly in shock. She quickly hides both the flyer and magazine under her pillow as the door opens. She was obviously expecting her stepmother to be stadning there now. But instead it was only her best friend, Sarah. Ashley now greets her with her usual greeting....*

Ashley Rexx: What's up?

Sarah Gilligan: Nothing much. You told me to come over to your house on Saturday since we don't have work this weekend. Remember?

Ashley Rexx: Oh yeah, that's right.

Sarah Gilligan: Ash?

Ashley Rexx: Yes?

Sarah Gilligan: Is everything alright?

Ashley Rexx: Everything is just completely cool.

Sarah Gilligan: Super cool?

Ashley Rexx: Of course. Why do you ask?

Sarah Gilligan: Cause you are acting really weird.

Ashley Rexx: I am not acting weird. I am just......thinking.

Sarah Gilligan: Thinking? About what exactly?

Ashley Rexx: About my life.

Sarah Gilligan: What about it?

Ashley Rexx: That's the thing isn't it? There is NOTHING about it that is interesting.

Sarah Gilligan: True. But sometimes that is a good thing, Ash.

Ashley Rexx: It's also a very boring thing. I want some EXCITEMENT!

Sarah Gilligan: Careful now. Excitement can only lead to trouble.

Ashley Rexx: Ugh! You sound like my stepmother now.

Sarah Gilligan: Well it's the truth, Ash.

Ashley Rexx: And the truth SUCKS! What's wrong with a little trouble?

Sarah Gilligan: Nothing. But if you go looking for trouble, it will find you, and cause alot of unwanted problems. Problems that I, quite frankly, DO NOT need right now.

Ashley Rexx: Oh good god.

Sarah Gilligan: Look Ash, you are my best friend, but I WILL NOT jeopardize my scholastic future for a little trouble.

Ashley Rexx: DAMN IT! At least, you have a scholastic future though.

Sarah Gilligan: Not yet. But once I get into the Summers Art Institute, I will.

Ashley Rexx: The SAI?

Sarah Gilligan: Yep. I submitted my application to join this morning.

Ashley Rexx: That is so awesome. You will finally be able to get out of this one horse shit hole.

Sarah Gilligan: Tell me about it. I can't wait to leave for the big city.

Ashley Rexx: And I will still be stuck here with my parents. Cause unlike you, I have NO future.

Sarah Gilligan: Besides the world of beauty pageants.

Ashley Rexx: Oh god no. Just shoot me now. End my life.

Sarah Gilligan: Sorry can't help you there. If I have to suffer, so do you.

Ashley Rexx: FUCK! That means there is only one thing I must do then.

Sarah Gilligan: And what is that, Ash?

Ashley Rexx: Give my future a swift solid kick in it's boring ass.

Sarah Gilligan: Oh boy. I'd love to hear how you plan on achieving this too.

Ashley Rexx: Funny, you should ask that. Cause it also involves my plan for us tonight.

Sarah Gilligan: Yikes. This should be good.

Ashley Rexx: Oh it is. Take a look at THIS.

*Ashley now pulls the flyer out from under her pillow and shows it to the stunned Sarah. Sarah now looks it over, rolls her eyes, and then tells Ashley....*

Sarah Gilligan: Professional wrestling?

Ashley Rexx: Yep.

Sarah Gilligan: So your big plan for the future is professional wrestling?

Ashley Rexx: Correct.

Sarah Gilligan: REALLY?! YOU'RE TOTALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS?!

Ashley Rexx: Yep. One hundred percent serious.

Sarah Gilligan: Jesus Christ. Just give me one straight answer, Ash.

Ashley Rexx: Okay, shoot.

Sarah Gilligan: WHY?!

Ashley Rexx: I dunno. It just sounds like fun.

Sarah Gilligan: FUN?!

Ashley Rexx: Yeah. And what's wrong with a little fun?

Sarah Gilligan: Nothing. I like fun.

Ashley Rexx: Then have some fun. Let's go to the SPARKLE show tonight.

Sarah Gilligan: TONIGHT?!

Ashley Rexx: Yeah. According to the flyer, they have weekly shows every Saturday night.

Sarah Gilligan: And where exactly are these shows?

Ashley Rexx: The big city.

Sarah Gilligan: SUMMERS?!

Ashley Rexx: And in the beating heart of it all, downtown.

Sarah Gilligan: Holy shit.

Ashley Rexx: So come one, what do you say Sarah?

Sarah Gilligan: Well I've always wanted to go to Summers and check it out.

Ashley Rexx: So let's go to the show.

Sarah Gilligan: Well I don't know.

Ashley Rexx: Don't make me beg, Sarah. PLEEEEASE?!

Sarah Gilligan: Goddamn it. You are so lucky you are my best friend.

Ashley Rexx: Is that a yes?

Sarah Gilligan: Yes. So let's do it before I change my mind.

Ashley Rexx: SQUEEEEEEEEEE!

Sarah Gilligan: Not so loud, you silly goose.

Ashley Rexx: Sorry.

Sarah Gilligan. We still have do deal with sneaking out passed your clueless dad and wicked stepmother.

Ashley Rexx: Relax, Sarah. I have a plan.

Sarah Gilligan: Oh boy. Another of Ashley Rexx's world famous plans. This should be good.

Ashley Rexx: Oh it is.

*Ashley now goes to her closet and pulls out her Summers High School pep rally clothes. She now shows them to Sarah. Sarah just smiles and tells her....*

Sarah Gilligan: Clever girl.

Ashley Rexx: You think it will work.

Sarah Gilligan: Yes, but you better let me do the talking. I've got the car afterall.

Ashley Rexx: I wouldn't exactly call it a car, Sarah.

Sarah Gilligan: Very funny. You want to go or not?

Ashley Rexx: Fine, lead the way, mastermind.

Sarah Gilligan: Follow me.

Ashley Rexx: I will. Just give me a minute to grab some extra clothes and a few other things.

Sarah Gilligan: Right, I'll meet you downstairs.

Ashley Rexx: You got it.

*Sarah now leaves Ashley's room. Ashley now closes the door and begins to randomly throw various clothes into her backpack, after taking out her school books. She then stuffs the flyer and magazine in the backpack, as well. Ashley then exits her room to meet Sarah downstairs to confront her parents.*

ONE WEEK LATER...

*Downstairs in the living room of the Rexx house, Ashley's father, Harley, was sitting in his favorite leather chair, relaxing for a quiet evening at home. Her stepmother, Donna, was sitting on the couch, reading a magazine. Harley now tells his wife....*

Harley Rexx: There is nothing like quiet Saturday night at home. Isn't that right, honey?

Donna Rexx: I completely agree, dear. And best part is, Amber is already in bed too.

Harley Rexx: Well she did have a long exciting day with her friends.

Donna Rexx: Very true.

Harley Rexx: She is such a good kid.

Donna Rexx: Yes. At least one of the kids is.

Harley Rexx: Don't start with that.

Donna Rexx: I am just saying.

Harley Rexx: I know. But it's just that, Ashley is complicated.

Donna Rexx: Complicated? HA! That is putting very mildly. She is good for nothing but trouble.

Harley Rexx: Now don't say that about her, honey.

Donna Rexx: You know it's true.

Harley Rexx: I do. Very well, in fact. She is just like her mother.

Donna Rexx: And you think that is a GOOD thing?

Harley Rexx: Nope.

Donna Rexx: Well that's a relief.

Harley Rexx: I think that is a GREAT thing.

Donna Rexx: Fine! But she is your daughter.

Harley Rexx: Yes, she is.

Donna Rexx: Then you can deal with her problems from now on.

Harley Rexx: Fine by me. If that is what you want.

Donna Rexx: It is EXACTLY what I want.

Harley Rexx: It's your funeral then.

Harley Rexx: Nothing. Nothing at all, honey.

*At that very moment, Ashley and Sarah, now burst into the living room, dressed in school pep rally shirts. Harley now shakes his head in shock as Donna now tells her husband mockingly....*

Donna Rexx: Speak of the little devils and they appear.

*Harley now shoots his wife a glare that says "Don't start" and then switches his focus to his daughter. He now tells her....*

Harley Rexx: Hey kiddo.

Ashley Rexx: Hey Dad.

Harley Rexx: So what is on your mind?

Ashley Rexx: I was just wondering if....OUCH!

*Sarah now interrupts Ashley by jabbing her in the ribs with her elbow. Ashley now stop talking as Sarah tells Ashley's father....*

Sarah Gilligan: If we could go the Summers High School pep rally tonight?

Harley Rexx: REALLY?!

Ashley Rexx: Yeah dad, it sounds like alot of fun.

Harley Rexx: Well I think that is a great idea.

*Harley now shoots another glare at Donna, who just stares at him in silent anger. Harley now tells his wife....*

Harley Rexx: What do you think, honey?

*Donna now mouths something rude to Harley, before telling him with a fake smile....*

Donna Rexx: I agree with your father. He IS the boss now.

*Harley now nods his head in agreement. He then tells his daughter....*

Harley Rexx: Indeed I am. So you kids go have some fun tonight.

*Ashley now squees loudly again and then runs up and hugs her father, as he sit in his chair. She now tells him....*

Ashley Rexx: THANKS DAD! YOU'RE THE BEST!

Harley Rexx: Oh, I know.

*Ashley and Sarah now begin to leave the Rexx house, before Harley tells them both....*

Harley Rexx: And I can assume you are gonna spend the night at Sarah's house after the pep rally is over?

Ashley Rexx: Indeed, I am. How did you know.

Harley Rexx: I am just smart like that. Have fun.

Ashley Rexx: I will. Thanks again, Dad.

Harley Rexx: Don't mention it, kiddo. Now get out of here before I change my mind.

*Ashley just nods her head at Harley's statement before exiting the house completely. Donna now tells her husband after they are gone....*

Donna Rexx: Look at what you have done now.

Harley Rexx: Hey, I didn't do anything wrong, honey. I am just let my daughter have a little fun for once.

Donna Rexx: And that scares me the most.

*Harley now just shakes his head at his wife's comments as they go back to enjoying the quiet Saturday night at home.*

A FEW MOMENTS LATER...

*Outside of the Rexx house, we now see Ashley and Sarah running down the driveway towards Sarah's car that is parked on the street in front of the house. We now see the car in question is a periwinkle blue Volkswagen Beetle, with an off white top. It looks a little beat up around the edges though.

Both ladies now remove their pep rally gear and throw it in the back seat of the beetle. They now get into the front of the car. Ashley now tells Sarah....*

Ashley Rexx: Ah, the good old Smurfmobile.

Sarah Gilligan: Don't mock my car, Ash.

Ashley Rexx: I am not. You call it that too.

Sarah Gilligan: Out of love. A car is fucking car to a teenager.

Ashley Rexx: Touche.

Sarah Gilligan: So you do even feel bad about lying to your parents like that.

Ashley Rexx: HELL NO! It's about damn time I got leave that house besides for work or school.

Sarah Gilligan: You see girl, that is where you went wrong in life.

Ashley Rexx: And what exactly do you mean by that?

Sarah Gilligan: Well if you didn't slack off for your first three years of high school, you would have never been treated this way.

Ashley Rexx: I highly doubt that, Sarah. I keep the expectations of my parents low, so I don't have deal with their bullshit more than I need too.

Sarah Gilligan: I get that, Ash, I really do. But if you had set those expectations a little higher, you may have gotten more.

Ashley Rexx: Like what?

Sarah Gilligan: Well for example, I have given my parent straight A's throughout high school and now I've gotten the greatest gift of all in return.

Ashley Rexx: And what gift is that?

Sarah Gilligan: FUCKING FREEDOM!

Ashley Rexx: HELL YEAH!

*Both ladies now high five each other. Sarah then starts her car up and they pull away from the Rexx house. We now fade out to a close from there.*

2/03/2024 7:48 pm  #4

THE NEXT DAY

*Early the next morning on the outskirts of Bodeen, lies a restaurant that looks like a big red tin warehouse on the outside. A giant billboard like sign on the roof, displays the name of it. "SMOKEY JOE'S BAR-B-QUE: RESTAURANT AND CATERING SERVICE". Inside the restaurant, we see Ashley Rexx and Sarah Gilligan busy at work, cleaning off the tables and counters before it opens. Suddenly a young man in his late 20s with slick black hair and black rimmed glasses, walks up to Ashley as she is cleaning the counter tops. He now tells her.....*

Young Man: Hey Ashley.

*Ashley now turns her head towards the man as she continues to clean and tells him....*

Ashley Rexx: 'Sup Batman.

*The young man now shakes his head at Ashley's greeting. He now tells her in response....*

Young Man: Oh come on, Ashley. It's Wayne and you know it.

*Ashley now casually responds to the despondent Wayne, not paying him attention....*

Ashley Rexx: Of course I do, Batman. So what is your boggle then?

*Wayne now takes a long sigh, before telling Ashley....*

Wayne Bruce: My boggle is that you know I've been promoted to manager recently. But you two *Points at both Ashley and Sarah.* still refuse to address me as such.

*Sarah, overhearing the conversation between Ashley and Wayne, now walks over to both of them, and exclaims to Wayne in response...*

Sarah Gilligan: HOLY PARTY POOPING BATMAN! Where is the fun in that?

Ashley Rexx: Yeah, Batman, lighten up.

Wayne Bruce: Fun only takes you so far, my young ladies. And if you ever want to make it far in life, you need to take things more seriously.

Ashley Rexx: Jesus Christ, Wayne. You are starting to sound like my stepmother now.

Sarah Gilligan: And THAT is not a good thing either.

Wayne Bruce: Good thing or not, for both of yall's sake, just try to act more professional at work.

*Sarah now clicks her heels together and stands at attention. She now tells Wayne in mockingly serious tone....*

Sarah Gilligan: Sir, yes, sir!

*Wayne just glares at Sarah for a moment and turns his attention to Ashley, who does clicks her heel together as well while telling him.....*

Ashley Rexx: We'll make it happen, captain!

*Both ladies now salute Wayne in a mocking manner. Wayne then begins to walk away, shaking his head in disappoint. But with a slight smile on his face, as well. He now tells both ladies....*

Wayne Bruce: Oh and after you ladies are finished cleaning the restaurant, I need you to go up onto the roof and clean the sign.

*Ashley now scoffs at that job and asks Wayne....*

Ashley Rexx: AGAIN?!

Wayne Bruce: Yes. Smokey Joe's direct orders.

Sarah Gilligan: Right.

Ashley Rexx: Whatever you say, Batman.

*Wayne now sighs again. But he also notices a bright candy apple red convertible corvette pulling up to restaurant. He then tells both ladies as he walks off and back towards the manager's office...*

Wayne Bruce: So chop chop, ladies. But right now, you have your very first customers of a brand new day.

*Both Ashley and Sarah now turn to face the front door on the restaurant as four people now bursts in through it. Sarah now exclaims to Ashley as they both notice who they are immediately....*

Sarah Gilligan: OH MY GOOD GOD!

Ashley Rexx: NO WAY! You have got to be SHITTING me!

*The four people are now recognized as Ashley Rexx's high school rival Madison Lambert, her best friend and fellow cheerleader Nevaeh Voss, and their boyfriends. Madison's boyfriend is an oversized super jock meathead named Troy Vaughn. His best friend and partner in crime, Lukie Jones, is Nevaeh. Without even acknowledging Ashley or Sarah, they immediately go through the restaurant like bats outta hell and crowd into a booth on the far side of it. Ashley now shakes her head, as she says out loud....*

Ashley Rexx: I don't need to deal with THIS right now.

*Sarah now hands her four menus and tells her....*

Sarah Gilligan: Well you've got no choice, Ash. You drew the short straw for this week, remember?

Ashley Rexx: Don't remind me.

Sarah Gilligan: I just did, Ash. So good luck.

*Ashley now takes the menus from Sarah as she exclaims out loud....*

Ashley Rexx: DAMN IT!

*Ashley now slowly walks over to where the four are seated, dreading the moment with every single step she takes. As Ashley arrives, all four of them in the middle of chattering and carrying on about the latest Summers High School gossip. Petty gossip that Ashley nor Sarah had any time of day for. They hated it. It felt too close to the politics of the real world, which they had no interest in at all. When Ashley arrives at their booth, she calmly places the four menus on the table and says to them....*

Ashley Rexx: Hello and welcome to Smokey Joe's.

*Madison Lambert, who was too busy in a conversation with Nevaeh, now recognizes the voice of their waitress. She now looks over to confirm her theory. Madison's eyes now go wide as saucers as she shouts loudly at Ashley.....*

Madison Lambert: I DON'T FUCKING BELIEVE IT! IT CAN'T BE TRUE!

*Madison now does a double take and shouts at Ashley....*

Madison Lambert: BUT IT IS! ASHLEY REXX!

*Ashley now rolls her eyes and says to Madison....*

Ashley Rexx: We meet again, Madison Lambert.

Madison Lambert: SO IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL!

Ashley Rexx: So it is. What can I get for you anyways?

Madison Lambert. Nothing. Nothing at all.

Ashley Rexx: Then why I are you here?

Madison Lambert: To ruin your day at work?

Ashley Rexx: I meant besides that.

Madison Lambert: I am kidding, Rexx. Lighten up.

Nevaeh Voss: YEAH! Take a pill and chill.

Ashley Rexx: I wish I could chill. It's really hot outside today.

Madison Lambert: And THAT is the one thing I will agree with you on.

Ashley Rexx: Stop the fucking presses.

Madison Lambert: HA! Anyways we are just here to watch this mighty man mountain here *Points at her boyfriend, Troy* do the challenge.

Ashley Rexx: And what challenge would that be?

*Troy Vaughn, who has been quiet the entire time that Ashley and Madison bantered back and fourth, now shouts out at her....*

Troy Vaughn: THE SMOKESTACK CHALLENGE!

*Troy now flexes as the other three people in the booth cheer and clap wildly. Ashley now tells him.....*

Ashley Rexx: One Smokestack Challenge. Just remember you have thirty minute to finish it. If you do it's....

Troy Vaughn: FREEEEEEEE! I ALREADY KNOW THE RULES! SO JUST BRING IT ON, BITCH! YEEEEEEEEEAH!

Ashley Rexx: Coming right up.

THE FEW MINUTES LATER

*A few minutes later, Ashley comes back to the booth of the four, with a giant plate of smoke meats of various kind. She now puts it down in front of Troy. She then tells him.....*

Ashley Rexx: Alright, here it is.

Troy Vaughn: ABOUT TIME! I AM STARVING!

Ashley Rexx: Well then, on your mark.....

*Troy now readies himself for the challenge and three hold their breath in anticipation.*

Ashley Rexx: Get set....

*Troy nods his head and motions for Ashley to hurry it up....*

Ashley Rexx: GO!

*Troy now begins to devour the massive mountain of smoke meats as the three cheer him on loudly. Ashley just stands there in surprising awe and utter disgust. Ashley now says out loud to herself....*

Ashley Rexx: I think I am gonna be sick.

*Madison now turns to Ashley and tells her rudely.....*

Madison Lambert: You are already sick in the head, Ashley. No need to get any sicker.

*Ashley now clinches her fists and turns in anger at Lambert's comment, as Troy continues to complete the challenge.*

ABOUT TWENTY MINUTES LATER

*About twenty minutes pass and Troy Vaughn is now shown licking the giant plate clean, finishing the Smokestack Challenge in time. He now slams the plate loudly on the table. He then lets out a very loud, very mighty, and very disgusting belch in victory. He then yells as at Ashley....*

Troy Vaughn: OHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEAH! IT'S FREE, BITCHES! IT'S FUCKING FREEEEEEEEEEEE!

*Ashley now calmly walks over the booth and says to now flexing Troy....*

Ashley Rexx: Congratulations. You have won the Smokestack Challenge. Would you like a free t-shirt to commemorate your victory?

*Troy now stands up, jump on top of the table, and yells out with his arms raised high into the air....*

Troy Vaughn: HELL YEAH! BRING IT TO ME, BITCH! I AM THE SMOKESTACK KING!

Ashley Rexx: Alright. I'll bring the "king" his crown.

Troy Vaughn: YESSSSSS! THAT'S RIGHT! CROWN ME, BITCH!

ONE MOMENT LATER

*One moment later, Ashley returns with Troy Vaughn's commemorative t-shirt for winning the Smokestack Challenge. Troy now jumps off the table and flexes again. He now yells at Ashley, as she holds out the t-shirt....*

Troy Vaughn: BOW TO YOUR NEW KING! YEEEEEEEAH!

*Ashley just shakes her head "no" and tells Troy calmly.....*

Ashley Rexx: Not going to happen. So just take the t-shirt and leave.

*Troy now wags his finger in the face of Ashley and tells her....*

Troy Vaughn: THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT! SO BOW DOWN, BITCH!

Ashley Rexx: Again, it's not going to happen. Besides it is against company policy to kneel on the dirty floor in our uniforms.

*Troy now frowns in disbelief. He then takes the t-shirt from Ashley. Troy then tells her....*

Troy Vaughn: Does it say anything about lying down on them?

Ashley Rexx: Not really. I don't think it does.

Troy Vaughn: Wonderful.

*Troy now shoves Ashley hard with both hands. Ashley now falls backwards onto hard tile floor. Ashley lands with sickeningly loud THUD! Troy now casually walks up to the prone Ashley and tells her....*

Troy Vaughn: Maybe next time when I say to bow to me, you will bow to me!

*Ashley now mumbles to herself under her breath as Troy and Madison, along with Neveah and Lukie, begin to leave the restaurant.....*

Ashley Rexx: *mumbling* Don't hold your breath, asshole.

*Sarah, who had seen everything from a short distance away, now runs over to check on the still prone Ashley. She now watches the foursome exit the restaurant. Madison now tells both of them.....*

Madison Lambert: Awwww, isn't that too sweet. I HATE SWEET!

*Madison now begins to laugh maniacally and Sarah now shouts back at her.....*

Sarah Gilligan: YOU FUCKING JERKS!

Madison Lambert: LATER, LOVEBIRDS!

*Madison now exits the restaurant. Sarah now checks on the prone Ashley, who tells her...*

Ashley Rexx: I think I need a break.

*Sarah now just shakes her head and tells Ashley in response.....*

Sarah Gilligan: I wouldn't worry about that. You may have already broken something.

Ashley Rexx: Goddamn it. Fucking Troy.

Sarah Gilligan: Hey, you started it, Ash.

Ashley Rexx: Right. I bow to no man, Sarah.

Sarah Gilligan: True. A woman though. I wouldn't bet against it.

Ashley Rexx: Very Funny. Help me up.

Sarah Gilligan: Sure thing, Ash.

*Sarah now offers her hand to the prone Ashley, who accepts it and Sarah helps her best friend to her feet. The two friends then walk off and go back to their jobs of waiting tables at Smokey Joe's.*

THE FEW HOURS LATER

*A few uneventful hours later, Ashley is busy on the roof of Smokey Joe's cleaning the giant billboard like sign. She is almost finished and now takes a break by sitting in one of two lawn chairs on the roof in front of the sign. As she sits there and goes what happened earlier with Troy and Madison, Sarah joins her on the roof. Ashley now greets Sarah once again....*

Ashley Rexx: Finished cleaning up and closing down the restaurant finally?

Sarah Gilligan: Yep.

Ashley Rexx: So why are you up here then?

Sarah Gilligan: Take a wild guess?

Ashley Rexx: Batman?

Sarah Gilligan: Batman.

Ashley Rexx: Seriously? That guy really has gone corporate on us.

Sarah Gilligan: He's just following protocol after the incident this morning.

Ashley Rexx: Right. But that wasn't my fault at all.

Sarah Gilligan: I know. I saw the whole thing. But Batman is just being Batman.

Ashley Rexx: Oh please. If he really was Batman, he would be out there kicking Troy and Madison's asses for me.

Sarah Gilligan: HA! You are right about that one. Anyways I've got some good news.

Ashley Rexx: Oh boy, lay it on me then.

Sarah Gilligan: We are both off next weekend.

Ashley Rexx: Now THAT is good news. About time too.

Sarah Gilligan: I know right. It seems we run this place more than anyone else.

Ashley Rexx: For real. And that reminds me, what are you going do next weekend? Got any big plans?

Sarah Gilligan: Nope. Not at all. In fact, I haven't really decided on doing anything yet. Why do you ask?

Ashley Rexx: Cause I've got a crazy idea.

Sarah Gilligan: Oh boy. You and your crazy ideas.

Ashley Rexx: You know it.

Sarah Gilligan: And with you, Ash. Knowing isn't half the battle. It's all of it.

*Ashley now just nods her head in agreement. She then tells Sarah confidently....*

Ashley Rexx: Damn right, it is.

*We now fade out to a close from there*

ONE WEEK LATER...

*The one week later on the following Saturday, Ashley was in her room, laying on her bed and looking at the SPARKLE flyer and Figure Four Illustrated Magazine she had found in the walk-in attic. She was busy lost in her crazy thoughts about the world that had just been introduced and opened up to her. The world of professional wrestling. And from Ashley could already tell it was SO MUCH better than the boring world she was living in right now.

Suddenly a knock on her bedroom door, causes Ashley jump slightly in shock. She quickly hides both the flyer and magazine under her pillow as the door opens. She was obviously expecting her stepmother to be stadning there now. But instead it was only her best friend, Sarah. Ashley now greets her with her usual greeting....*

Ashley Rexx: What's up?

Sarah Gilligan: Nothing much. You told me to come over to your house on Saturday since we don't have work this weekend. Remember?

Ashley Rexx: Oh yeah, that's right.

Sarah Gilligan: Ash?

Ashley Rexx: Yes?

Sarah Gilligan: Is everything alright?

Ashley Rexx: Everything is just completely cool.

Sarah Gilligan: Super cool?

Ashley Rexx: Of course. Why do you ask?

Sarah Gilligan: Cause you are acting really weird.

Ashley Rexx: I am not acting weird. I am just......thinking.

Sarah Gilligan: Thinking? About what exactly?

Ashley Rexx: About my life.

Sarah Gilligan: What about it?

Ashley Rexx: That's the thing isn't it? There is NOTHING about it that is interesting.

Sarah Gilligan: True. But sometimes that is a good thing, Ash.

Ashley Rexx: It's also a very boring thing. I want some EXCITEMENT!

Sarah Gilligan: Careful now. Excitement can only lead to trouble.

Ashley Rexx: Ugh! You sound like my stepmother now.

Sarah Gilligan: Well it's the truth, Ash.

Ashley Rexx: And the truth SUCKS! What's wrong with a little trouble?

Sarah Gilligan: Nothing. But if you go looking for trouble, it will find you, and cause alot of unwanted problems. Problems that I, quite frankly, DO NOT need right now.

Ashley Rexx: Oh good god.

Sarah Gilligan: Look Ash, you are my best friend, but I WILL NOT jeopardize my scholastic future for a little trouble.

Ashley Rexx: DAMN IT! At least, you have a scholastic future though.

Sarah Gilligan: Not yet. But once I get into the Summers Art Institute, I will.

Ashley Rexx: The SAI?

Sarah Gilligan: Yep. I submitted my application to join this morning.

Ashley Rexx: That is so awesome. You will finally be able to get out of this one horse shit hole.

Sarah Gilligan: Tell me about it. I can't wait to leave for the big city.

Ashley Rexx: And I will still be stuck here with my parents. Cause unlike you, I have NO future.

Sarah Gilligan: Besides the world of beauty pageants.

Ashley Rexx: Oh god no. Just shoot me now. End my life.

Sarah Gilligan: Sorry can't help you there. If I have to suffer, so do you.

Ashley Rexx: FUCK! That means there is only one thing I must do then.

Sarah Gilligan: And what is that, Ash?

Ashley Rexx: Give my future a swift solid kick in it's boring ass.

Sarah Gilligan: Oh boy. I'd love to hear how you plan on achieving this too.

Ashley Rexx: Funny, you should ask that. Cause it also involves my plan for us tonight.

Sarah Gilligan: Yikes. This should be good.

Ashley Rexx: Oh it is. Take a look at THIS.

*Ashley now pulls the flyer out from under her pillow and shows it to the stunned Sarah. Sarah now looks it over, rolls her eyes, and then tells Ashley....*

Sarah Gilligan: Professional wrestling?

Ashley Rexx: Yep.

Sarah Gilligan: So your big plan for the future is professional wrestling?

Ashley Rexx: Correct.

Sarah Gilligan: REALLY?! YOU'RE TOTALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS?!

Ashley Rexx: Yep. One hundred percent serious.

Sarah Gilligan: Jesus Christ. Just give me one straight answer, Ash.

Ashley Rexx: Okay, shoot.

Sarah Gilligan: WHY?!

Ashley Rexx: I dunno. It just sounds like fun.

Sarah Gilligan: FUN?!

Ashley Rexx: Yeah. And what's wrong with a little fun?

Sarah Gilligan: Nothing. I like fun.

Ashley Rexx: Then have some fun. Let's go to the SPARKLE show tonight.

Sarah Gilligan: TONIGHT?!

Ashley Rexx: Yeah. According to the flyer, they have weekly shows every Saturday night.

Sarah Gilligan: And where exactly are these shows?

Ashley Rexx: The big city.

Sarah Gilligan: SUMMERS?!

Ashley Rexx: And in the beating heart of it all, downtown.

Sarah Gilligan: Holy shit.

Ashley Rexx: So come one, what do you say Sarah?

Sarah Gilligan: Well I've always wanted to go to Summers and check it out.

Ashley Rexx: So let's go to the show.

Sarah Gilligan: Well I don't know.

Ashley Rexx: Don't make me beg, Sarah. PLEEEEASE?!

Sarah Gilligan: Goddamn it. You are so lucky you are my best friend.

Ashley Rexx: Is that a yes?

Sarah Gilligan: Yes. So let's do it before I change my mind.

Ashley Rexx: SQUEEEEEEEEEE!

Sarah Gilligan: Not so loud, you silly goose.

Ashley Rexx: Sorry.

Sarah Gilligan. We still have do deal with sneaking out passed your clueless dad and wicked stepmother.

Ashley Rexx: Relax, Sarah. I have a plan.

Sarah Gilligan: Oh boy. Another of Ashley Rexx's world famous plans. This should be good.

Ashley Rexx: Oh it is.

*Ashley now goes to her closet and pulls out her Summers High School pep rally clothes. She now shows them to Sarah. Sarah just smiles and tells her....*

Sarah Gilligan: Clever girl.

Ashley Rexx: You think it will work.

Sarah Gilligan: Yes, but you better let me do the talking. I've got the car afterall.

Ashley Rexx: I wouldn't exactly call it a car, Sarah.

Sarah Gilligan: Very funny. You want to go or not?

Ashley Rexx: Fine, lead the way, mastermind.

Sarah Gilligan: Follow me.

Ashley Rexx: I will. Just give me a minute to grab some extra clothes and a few other things.

Sarah Gilligan: Right, I'll meet you downstairs.

Ashley Rexx: You got it.

*Sarah now leaves Ashley's room. Ashley now closes the door and begins to randomly throw various clothes into her backpack, after taking out her school books. She then stuffs the flyer and magazine in the backpack, as well. Ashley then exits her room to meet Sarah downstairs to confront her parents.*

ONE WEEK LATER...

*Downstairs in the living room of the Rexx house, Ashley's father, Harley, was sitting in his favorite leather chair, relaxing for a quiet evening at home. Her stepmother, Donna, was sitting on the couch, reading a magazine. Harley now tells his wife....*

Harley Rexx: There is nothing like quiet Saturday night at home. Isn't that right, honey?

Donna Rexx: I completely agree, dear. And best part is, Amber is already in bed too.

Harley Rexx: Well she did have a long exciting day with her friends.

Donna Rexx: Very true.

Harley Rexx: She is such a good kid.

Donna Rexx: Yes. At least one of the kids is.

Harley Rexx: Don't start with that.

Donna Rexx: I am just saying.

Harley Rexx: I know. But it's just that, Ashley is complicated.

Donna Rexx: Complicated? HA! That is putting very mildly. She is good for nothing but trouble.

Harley Rexx: Now don't say that about her, honey.

Donna Rexx: You know it's true.

Harley Rexx: I do. Very well, in fact. She is just like her mother.

Donna Rexx: And you think that is a GOOD thing?

Harley Rexx: Nope.

Donna Rexx: Well that's a relief.

Harley Rexx: I think that is a GREAT thing.

Donna Rexx: Fine! But she is your daughter.

Harley Rexx: Yes, she is.

Donna Rexx: Then you can deal with her problems from now on.

Harley Rexx: Fine by me. If that is what you want.

Donna Rexx: It is EXACTLY what I want.

Harley Rexx: It's your funeral then.

Harley Rexx: Nothing. Nothing at all, honey.

*At that very moment, Ashley and Sarah, now burst into the living room, dressed in school pep rally shirts. Harley now shakes his head in shock as Donna now tells her husband mockingly....*

Donna Rexx: Speak of the little devils and they appear.

*Harley now shoots his wife a glare that says "Don't start" and then switches his focus to his daughter. He now tells her....*

Harley Rexx: Hey kiddo.

Ashley Rexx: Hey Dad.

Harley Rexx: So what is on your mind?

Ashley Rexx: I was just wondering if....OUCH!

*Sarah now interrupts Ashley by jabbing her in the ribs with her elbow. Ashley now stop talking as Sarah tells Ashley's father....*

Sarah Gilligan: If we could go the Summers High School pep rally tonight?

Harley Rexx: REALLY?!

Ashley Rexx: Yeah dad, it sounds like alot of fun.

Harley Rexx: Well I think that is a great idea.

*Harley now shoots another glare at Donna, who just stares at him in silent anger. Harley now tells his wife....*

Harley Rexx: What do you think, honey?

*Donna now mouths something rude to Harley, before telling him with a fake smile....*

Donna Rexx: I agree with your father. He IS the boss now.

*Harley now nods his head in agreement. He then tells his daughter....*

Harley Rexx: Indeed I am. So you kids go have some fun tonight.

*Ashley now squees loudly again and then runs up and hugs her father, as he sit in his chair. She now tells him....*

Ashley Rexx: THANKS DAD! YOU'RE THE BEST!

Harley Rexx: Oh, I know.

*Ashley and Sarah now begin to leave the Rexx house, before Harley tells them both....*

Harley Rexx: And I can assume you are gonna spend the night at Sarah's house after the pep rally is over?

Ashley Rexx: Indeed, I am. How did you know.

Harley Rexx: I am just smart like that. Have fun.

Ashley Rexx: I will. Thanks again, Dad.

Harley Rexx: Don't mention it, kiddo. Now get out of here before I change my mind.

*Ashley just nods her head at Harley's statement before exiting the house completely. Donna now tells her husband after they are gone....*

Donna Rexx: Look at what you have done now.

Harley Rexx: Hey, I didn't do anything wrong, honey. I am just let my daughter have a little fun for once.

Donna Rexx: And that scares me the most.

*Harley now just shakes his head at his wife's comments as they go back to enjoying the quiet Saturday night at home.*

A FEW MOMENTS LATER...

*Outside of the Rexx house, we now see Ashley and Sarah running down the driveway towards Sarah's car that is parked on the street in front of the house. We now see the car in question is a periwinkle blue Volkswagen Beetle, with an off white top. It looks a little beat up around the edges though.

Both ladies now remove their pep rally gear and throw it in the back seat of the beetle. They now get into the front of the car. Ashley now tells Sarah....*

Ashley Rexx: Ah, the good old Smurfmobile.

Sarah Gilligan: Don't mock my car, Ash.

Ashley Rexx: I am not. You call it that too.

Sarah Gilligan: Out of love. A car is fucking car to a teenager.

Ashley Rexx: Touche.

Sarah Gilligan: So you do even feel bad about lying to your parents like that.

Ashley Rexx: HELL NO! It's about damn time I got leave that house besides for work or school.

Sarah Gilligan: You see girl, that is where you went wrong in life.

Ashley Rexx: And what exactly do you mean by that?

Sarah Gilligan: Well if you didn't slack off for your first three years of high school, you would have never been treated this way.

Ashley Rexx: I highly doubt that, Sarah. I keep the expectations of my parents low, so I don't have deal with their bullshit more than I need too.

Sarah Gilligan: I get that, Ash, I really do. But if you had set those expectations a little higher, you may have gotten more.

Ashley Rexx: Like what?

Sarah Gilligan: Well for example, I have given my parent straight A's throughout high school and now I've gotten the greatest gift of all in return.

Ashley Rexx: And what gift is that?

Sarah Gilligan: FUCKING FREEDOM!

Ashley Rexx: HELL YEAH!

*Both ladies now high five each other. Sarah then starts her car up and they pull away from the Rexx house. We now fade out to a close from there.*

Board footera